Assassin's Creed III

Started by Gosutoraida, Feb 16, 2012, 02:40:55 PM

Author
Assassin's Creed III (Read 43,086 times)

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

The game is to support a new protagonist, the game is rumoured to be set in Egypt.

Recently, a release date was schedueled for October 30th 2012.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

The Egypt rumors are pretty old and I'd not like the franchise to take a step back in time. Recent buzz suggests it's going to be set in the American Revolution.

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

That would be intersting.

Gate

Gate

It's been in production for over 3 years. So before people start wavering the flag, remember Brotherhood and Revelations were supposed to be filler games.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

i'm hoping for more modern day levels, or for it to just take place in modern day in general. Would offer for some pretty amazing visuals, if done right.

Gate

Gate

If that were to happen completely as a full-fledged game with Desmond, the whole charm of Assassin's Creed would disappear. Guns would entirely replace everything. Knives wouldn't even mean too much, not even hidden blades.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Not really. Remember that scene at the end of Assassin's Creed 2, taking out a squad of templars with nothing but your hands and a hidden blade? I'm picturing more of that if it were to jump into the modern world for the next game. Just because guns exist in the world, doesn't mean they have to be the focus of the gameplay, the only weapon available. In fact, the levels would likely be designed a bit more so you have to use stealth more to avoid those enemies with guns, if there are any.

Gate

Gate

It would feel weird to me not to use guns in a modern setting. It will turn into Uncharted, or Splinter Cell.

Vakarian

Vakarian

I thought Revelations was the 4th game?  Wouldn't this be called Assassins Creed V?

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Quote from: Sierra on Feb 19, 2012, 03:36:55 PM
I thought Revelations was the 4th game?  Wouldn't this be called Assassins Creed V?

brotherhood and revelations was part of AC II

Gate

Gate

No one reads my posts, apparently.

Brotherhood and Revelations have and always were Filler Games. Every numbered AC game will have a new character entirely.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Supposedly, the main character for Assassin's Creed III was leaked.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1219745p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Quote from: Jayden the Omnipotent on Mar 01, 2012, 02:38:55 AM
Supposedly, the main character for Assassin's Creed III was leaked.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1219745p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter
Should prop put this in spoilers
Spoiler
I like the idea of an assassin's creed during the revolutionary days, possible targets?
[close]

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Spoiler
I have a feeling it will probably be like the first Assassin's Creed, where instead of the enemy Templars being just random people of power during the timeline, it will mostly just be the British in general. Taking out certain generals of the British army, things like that. 
[close]

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Looking forward to this.  I have Revelations but haven't gotten around to playing it yet  :-\.

Quote from: Jayden the Omnipotent on Mar 01, 2012, 03:03:43 AM
Spoiler
I have a feeling it will probably be like the first Assassin's Creed, where instead of the enemy Templars being just random people of power during the timeline, it will mostly just be the British in general. Taking out certain generals of the British army, things like that. 
[close]

What do you mean by this?
Spoiler
I don't recall AC1 having you take out basic generals, you were focused on killing templars.  Wouldn't this be more like the idea of random generals being templars?
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed