NECA Colonial Marines

Started by thespiderman209, Feb 12, 2012, 07:22:11 PM

Author
NECA Colonial Marines (Read 385,010 times)

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Really can NOT wait to see see how the marines turn out. I will DEF pick up all these guys! and if they resculpt the giger alien to make it more accurate I will absolutely get it too! bravo neca

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Can't believe I've missed this! Very very excited! I'm hoping for Hicks, Hudson, Vasquez and Bishop, personally.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Finally I can get action figures of Weirzbowski and Crowe. My life will be complete.

Ruadh

Ruadh

After the Lost Tribe, this is Neca's best way to get me to buy every figure of a line. I'll definitely buy every single Marine. Would even get Burke and Newt if offered.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Christ I would kill for a Burke figure. You can't even tell me it wouldn't sell - how many people would buy him just to pose him getting murdered by a NECA Alien figure. I know I would.

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

to be realistic, they will probably just do Hicks, Hudson, Apone, Drake, & Vasquez.  Don't think Sig, Carrie, Lance, or Paul count as Colonial Marines.  But to be optimistic, Frost would be great if they got that far. 

Either way, being a huge Biehn fan, Hicks & Reese are on the way!

thespiderman209

thespiderman209

i hope these marines have good articulation instead of leaving them in their poses

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

It's NECA it's gonna be great articulation, I mean they're even re-making their warrior aliens to look better, have better articulation, & have removable limbs so the marines can blow them apart!  Who else does this?!NECA

Ruadh

Ruadh

Quote from: slaysaliens on Feb 16, 2012, 04:14:31 AM
to be realistic, they will probably just do Hicks, Hudson, Apone, Drake, & Vasquez.  Don't think Sig, Carrie, Lance, or Paul count as Colonial Marines.  But to be optimistic, Frost would be great if they got that far. 

Either way, being a huge Biehn fan, Hicks & Reese are on the way!

I was thinking the same thing. Crowe and Wierzbowski are easy to omit, but Frost DID have some business in the film. Dietrich is also possible, and Ferro would be cool since she's different with the pilot gear. Would break it up some. Gorman is also different since he's just in regular BDUs, but he also wouldn't have a lot of interesting weapons. Maybe a facehugger tube or something, from the lab scene. Spunkmeyer is probably a notch above Crowe as far as having business.

But yeah, if they make a figure of any character from Aliens, I'd buy it. Except, you know, people like Van Leeuwen and the colonists before they're cocooned. I only have so much shelf space.

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: slaysaliens on Feb 16, 2012, 04:14:31 AM
to be realistic, they will probably just do Hicks, Hudson, Apone, Drake, & Vasquez. 

That's exactly what i'm thinking.

These five marines plus the new Alien warrior (with removable limbs) could be release in two series of three figures each (like they always did with predators)  8)

And i'm hoping NECA release (maybe in a two-pack) facehuggers, chestbursters and eggs  ;D

Ruadh

Ruadh

There's logic to that, but how they've handled the Predators gives me hope that they'll do the baker's dozen.

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

yeah, as far as screen time - some marines had same screen time as some of the Lost.  BUT (big but) all the Lost have same arms, legs, hands, & feet.  So the only tooling they had to do was couple masks/heads & body armor.  In the end they prolly only used a tooling budget for 2 or 3 different figures to make all 9.  Plus, the Gort is just a head swap.  And this is just what Stan Winston did too, I'm not bashing NECA in the slightest, they f*ckin rock.  Like you guys were saying w/ Ferro and Gordon having different outfits, thats 2 100% new tools.  I hope they just get a tooling budget to do the standard marine get-up like Hicks/Hudson/Apone and then the back-pack smart gun get-up w/ Drake/Vasquez. 

On another note (and this won't happen, it doesn't make business sense) but how freakin sweet would it be if they did an accessories 2-pack for Predator & Alien that included all the Skull Trophies from the ship and then Eggs, Facehuggers, & Chestbursters?

Ruadh

Ruadh

Quote from: slaysaliens on Feb 16, 2012, 04:20:28 PM
thats 2 100% new tools.  I hope they just get a tooling budget to do the standard marine get-up like Hicks/Hudson/Apone and then the back-pack smart gun get-up w/ Drake/Vasquez. 

Not necessarily. They really could get away with essentially two bodies, with slight variations here and there on certain things. Correct me if I'm wrong, since i have none in front of me at the moment, but don't the Predators have seperate armor pieces? The armor on the Marines could easily be a glued on part. So you really need a female and a male body. If they do it that way, then it'd be a waste to NOT do Ferro and Dietrich. Gorman would be slightly different still, since he has sleeves, but all the Marines are wearing BDUs under the armor, so the torso would probably be able to be recycled.

If they treat it that way, I could definitely see them doing the whole bunch. Just different armor for the smargunners, different heads for everyone, and a different set of arms or legs here and there. Easy peezy.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: slaysaliens on Feb 16, 2012, 04:20:28 PM
On another note (and this won't happen, it doesn't make business sense) but how freakin sweet would it be if they did an accessories 2-pack for Predator & Alien that included all the Skull Trophies from the ship and then Eggs, Facehuggers, & Chestbursters?
I'm pretty sure NECA has said they're planning on doing the 'Predator 2' trophy room in some capacity.

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 16, 2012, 06:05:48 PM

I'm pretty sure NECA has said they're planning on doing the 'Predator 2' trophy room in some capacity.

Not the trophy room, just the trophies  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed