NECA Colonial Marines

Started by thespiderman209, Feb 12, 2012, 07:22:11 PM

Author
NECA Colonial Marines (Read 385,028 times)

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

I got permission to revive the thread.

I posted on the "NECA Aliens" thread asking about what would be a good starting point for collecting Marine figures specifically. Didn't know this thread existed yet, but I got some good advice.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Sep 15, 2018, 11:34:56 AM

I posted on the "NECA Aliens" thread asking about what would be a good starting point for collecting Marine figures specifically. Didn't know this thread existed yet, but I got some good advice.
Pick up the Hicks/Hudson 2-pack and the Vasquez with smartgun figure.

That's a perfect start.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Sep 15, 2018, 01:25:03 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Sep 15, 2018, 11:34:56 AM

Pick up the Hicks/Hudson 2-pack and the Vasquez with smartgun figure.

That's a perfect start.

I was told the Vasquez smartgun figure is harder to find. Definitely searching for Hicks/Hudson, and praying for Drake to come soon.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

The Vasquez smartgun figure is a bit harder to find in my experience, the biggest problem is that when you find her the prices might be extremely inflated. Still worth a search for a good deal though.

The Old One

The Old One

I don't see the point until you can have the whole crew frankly.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Still Collating... on Sep 16, 2018, 11:39:09 AM
The Vasquez smartgun figure is a bit harder to find in my experience, the biggest problem is that when you find her the prices might be extremely inflated. Still worth a search for a good deal though.

Any brick and mortar recommendations? I don't want to shop online.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 16, 2018, 11:48:12 AM
I don't see the point until you can have the whole crew frankly.

That doesn't make any sense, but ok.

The Old One

The Old One

Yes it does, I don't see the point in collecting a line that's incomplete and will perhaps remain so.

I much preferred the WY Commandos over any of the Colonial Marine figures myself.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

The Commandos are awesome. I myself do prefer "new" marines or generic soldier types because I'd really like to build a new squad with new marines. I'm slowly getting ready to try out my luck at making some customs.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Still Collating... on Sep 17, 2018, 02:49:32 PM
The Commandos are awesome. I myself do prefer "new" marines or generic soldier types because I'd really like to build a new squad with new marines. I'm slowly getting ready to try out my luck at making some customs.

Been there, doing that.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Would love to see some pics of what you've done with them when you finish.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Al Matthews has passed away. :(

I wonder if this permanently torpedoes the chance of an Apone figure, or if the likeness rights pass to his estate and they may okay it at some point in the future.

Either way he will be missed, and my thoughts are with his family. :(

dHunter333

dHunter333

RIP Apone.
Loved that character since I was a kid.
The possibility of a figure, that was of course, the first thing I thought of as well...

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Here's another dumb question that might be better suited for the "Post Your Collection" thread: what do you use when taking pictures of your figures? Phone? Actual camera? What's better in terms of uploading to a computer?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Oct 20, 2018, 01:58:15 PM
Here's another dumb question that might be better suited for the "Post Your Collection" thread: what do you use when taking pictures of your figures? Phone? Actual camera? What's better in terms of uploading to a computer?
I use my iphone and then email the photo to myself as an attachment. I do that mostly because I don't have a camera that's of better quality than my camera (nor am I inclined to spend money on one - that's money I could be spending on more action figures :P).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed