NECA Colonial Marines

Started by thespiderman209, Feb 12, 2012, 07:22:11 PM

Author
NECA Colonial Marines (Read 385,752 times)

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

So, public opinion on the rest of the Aliens cast as action figures? Do you guys want to see everyone or just specific people?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Some of the other Marines would be kinda neat, but I doubt I'd buy all of them unless they actually were making figures for all of them (and it sounds like that's out of the question).

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on May 16, 2016, 03:01:35 AM
So, public opinion on the rest of the Aliens cast as action figures? Do you guys want to see everyone or just specific people?

For me it would be the ideal scenario, still I think it would be quite difficult to get the likenesses of the entire cast including those who had passed away as the actor who played Crow.

Vark_

Vark_

I'm one of those who think Marines are needed in large numbers to make squads, no matter the likeness (even the video game Colonial Marines, or pure custom / invented characters), but if the question of making the whole 1986 USCM cast should stand, I'd say the same as Xenomorph : I'd like to see that done, but a lot of collectors would not buy'em all unless the WHOLE cast was to be made. Which is not gonna happen, sadly, we all agree on this.

For still remains the likenesses issue : we're all glad Jenette and Rico gave theirs, kickass long-awaited figures to come, but I don't think ALL of the USCM cast will eventually agree to that.
Besides of Crowe (RIP), remember the Apone case : he refused and NECA made Sgt Windrix instead. Not a bad figure though, and let's be honest : at the time it was released we needed it to add a little diversity to our collections (and flamethrowers !). Yet, it wouldn't stand a chance today against the iconic real-cast figures to come (and let's hope they're not the last ones !).

If you asked me, I'd really like to see "petite" soldiers for a change, with a real woman body I mean : Dietritch and Ferro would be great assets to any collection. And Drake, of course !

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

It is my personal goal to have all the NECA Alien and Predator movie figures. The way I see it, as more actors and actresses allow their likeness to be used, it will show those who haven't that there is a demand for it. And, quite frankly, it's an easy way to make money without really doing a lot. I'm sure it's more complicated then a simple signature that says "Go for it" but even so, to be a legendary movie star and NOT want your character created in an action figure? Man...I hope they have a better reason other than "don't feel like it" 

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

There have been actors who specifically didn't want their likeness used for action figures because they thought it was demeaning to be made into a "toy". It's the reason why we didn't get a Dwight (Clive Owen) figure for the Sin City line, and why it took so long to get a Hannibal Lecter figure.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 16, 2016, 07:06:43 PM
There have been actors who specifically didn't want their likeness used for action figures because they thought it was demeaning to be made into a "toy". It's the reason why we didn't get a Dwight (Clive Owen) figure for the Sin City line, and why it took so long to get a Hannibal Lecter figure.
I guess I can understand that logic because when I think of toy, I think of the Kenner stuff that bares little to no actual likeness and something that 7 year olds will drive their RC cars into and use for NERF gun target practice. Highly detailed accurate adult collectible? Sounds appealing to me lol.

Otter

Otter

I'm keen on any marine from Aliens that sees a release, and any variations.  I'd like to see all of them done, but it doesn't sound like that's gonna happen.  If we only got one more I'd want Ferro in full flight suit and helmet, just because she's a different look than what we've got so far. 

Yep, I want Ferro before Drake.

(And he's not a  marine, but Burke is my number one want now that Vasquez and Newt are on their way (I know there is no chance  :( )).

brirob1113

brirob1113

I would be really happy if we got all nine marines that went into the reactor. Otherwise getting Burke and Gorman would be a priority. Do not have a huge desire for Ferro or Spunkmeyer.

Drake is highest on my want list.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

While I absolutely want to have the entire cast, I know this is very unlikely. My top Marine to have that they don't have currently would be Apone.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

As I said, it´s very unlikely to get the entire Sulaco crew but with patience and perseverance NECA would get the likenesses of Apone and Drake, afterall if they could get Sigourney Waver´s likenesses then everything is possible.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Gridseeker on Jun 03, 2016, 02:29:22 AM
As I said, it´s very unlikely to get the entire Sulaco crew but with patience and perseverance NECA would get the likenesses of Apone and Drake, afterall if they could get Sigourney Waver´s likenesses then everything is possible.
Exactly. Weaver is the star and they got her, why the smaller names in the film haven't jumped on is just silly. Lord knows NECA paid more money for Weaver's likeness than Paxton or Biehn. Or any of the others they have made/will make.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

A few new shots from NECA of the Vasquez figure

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

How I do look forward to #facehuggerfriday. It looks like we will get a "firing" detail to put on the smartgun. Great idea.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Vasquez is really looking great!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed