NECA Colonial Marines

Started by thespiderman209, Feb 12, 2012, 07:22:11 PM

Author
NECA Colonial Marines (Read 388,898 times)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Jace Madan on Feb 18, 2014, 09:46:05 AM
According to this article, it sounds like we shouldn't expect any more Marines for quite awhile: http://www.figures.com/forums/news/49052-tf14-neca-aliens.html

"Colonial Marines fans, you've had a great run with recent releases but don't expect to see any more until at least next year."

So after the Hudson 2-pack, that's it for now.

I'm actually relatively ok with this. By the time I'm done with my customs I'd still need to purchase a few more Aliens, Bishop, and buy some f the new predators. It's one less thing to spend money on. Hopefully we'll see Vaz or Drake next, or even some EU/Video game marines.

Vark_

Vark_

I'm not complaining either, Neca released plenty of USCM recently, so a pause will do no harm and make more room for other figures (cool figures actually according to what Series 3 and 4 will be).

Rumors say the Queen will be released in some sort of a 35th anniversary deluxe box so as the Power loader, and at the same time (summer 2014), so 2 Aliens figures sold separately from the regular Series. Again, this is rumor control, but I read this somewhere.
Along with Weaver's likeness they just tweeted, maybe they will tell some more about Her Highness too at NYTF.

About the USCM next releases, I don't know if they're gonna get some actors likeness (Drake / Vasquez / Apone...) or if it's gonna be random headsculpts like Sgt Windrix (or out of video games), but one thing is certain : without a smart gunner and at least one black or female Marine, their USM line will be fading.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I brought Hudson at the weekend - I'm remembering why I don't anymore. He was hard to pose, his arms were very stiff and he just fell over. Boo.

Vark_

Vark_

Finally got my Windrix figure. Better late than never, my shop in France had some shipping issues with the customs.

Well, overall it's a great figure, but this time I encountered some quality issues :

- 2 unpainted spots on the face, that's disappointing (one on the nose, one on the neck), I had to correct this with model kit paint
- both elbow joints were stuck, it means I had to put really great force to make them move (at first I thought they were glued)
- the front end of the flamethrower is badly glued, it's still in good position but the glue spread out... a 5mm blot that is (hopefully this side of the gun is not visible on display)
- the body armor was glued to the body in a weird position, I had to remove it and place it properly

Can't say that I'm disappointed with this figure, it adds a great colonial Marine and a new face to the collection.

the reverend

the reverend

building another commission for neca aliens...36" x16" x14" will have LED's and a "hive" section.
this is a WIP should be ready in about a week or so ...more to come soon.

the reverend

the reverend

Vark_

Vark_

Nice :)
Do you know if this commisionned diorama is related to their upcoming release of the Queen ?

the reverend

the reverend

Quote from: Vark_ on Mar 17, 2014, 08:13:24 PM
Nice :)
Do you know if this commisionned diorama is related to their upcoming release of the Queen ?
yes it is...thanks.

bigbisont

bigbisont

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 18, 2014, 06:03:05 PM
Quote from: Jace Madan on Feb 18, 2014, 09:46:05 AM
According to this article, it sounds like we shouldn't expect any more Marines for quite awhile: http://www.figures.com/forums/news/49052-tf14-neca-aliens.html

"Colonial Marines fans, you've had a great run with recent releases but don't expect to see any more until at least next year."

So after the Hudson 2-pack, that's it for now.

I'm actually relatively ok with this. By the time I'm done with my customs I'd still need to purchase a few more Aliens, Bishop, and buy some f the new predators. It's one less thing to spend money on. Hopefully we'll see Vaz or Drake next, or even some EU/Video game marines.

I too am OK.   My customs have scratched the itch of more characters.  I may or may not attempt any smart gunners, but for now I am nearly done with my full squad and don't need new NECA figures to live.

They need a lot of refinement (correct graffiti, cleaned up rough edges, fine tuning, etc) but here is my squad:

Crowe and Ski

Apone (ignore the aweful VP70.  That has been resculpted and replaced, but its an old picture)

"Ops Battle" Hicks (again, old photo:  Hair repainted and much better now)

Frost

And tweaked Windrix

Dietrich and "Ops battle" Vaz are currently WIPs, but are under way.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

What heads are you using for Apone and Frost?

bigbisont

bigbisont

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Apr 14, 2014, 03:07:14 AM
What heads are you using for Apone and Frost?

Apone is the MacFarlane Candyman only very slightly tweaked.
Frost is a MacFarlane Alfonso Soriano baseball player.

The baseball players are great for a huge variety of faces/heads, but they vary in scale wildly.  Some heads are way too small, some way too big. 

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I've been working on some stuff recently, getting pretty decent with casting and making molds so I figured I'd ask this.
Would anyone be interested in a resin cast of my Smart Gun/Chest Piece/Head Set? They aren't completely screen accurate but they can get the job done.
Casting has become pretty gun for me to do in my spare time, and I figured it might help some people complete their squads. Providing casting them is successful that is.

SM

SM

Saw some of these yesterday.

Who dafuq is "Windrix"?

Sounds like something you use to clean glass.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Apr 24, 2014, 04:14:54 AM
Saw some of these yesterday.

Who dafuq is "Windrix"?

Sounds like something you use to clean glass.
That's Windex. :P

Kyle Windrix is one of the NECA sculptors who has done a lot of the Alien and Predator figures, Sgt Windrix is a tribute figure for his brother who recently died of cancer. Apparently after the plans to make an Apone figure fell apart, they needed a new figure to fill the slot in the wave roster so they came up with "Sgt Windrix".

dHunter333

dHunter333

i guess this is my first post...

here is my colonial marine army

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed