Prometheus Update Round-Up

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2012, 04:32:13 PM

Author
Prometheus Update Round-Up (Read 14,460 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Time for a bit of a round-up of small bits of recent Prometheus news!

• First up we have confirmation that NECA have acquired the license to produce figures based on Prometheus. This was revealed in a recent Twitter update.
  • It’s looking like Fox will be doing some viral advertising for Prometheus as well. This knowledge came about after a music artist revealed one of her tracks would be in a short viral film. The artist, Elizabeth Walling, also spoke about it briefly in a recent interview.
  • Ridley Scott has also revealed he is already thinking of ideas for Prometheus 2: “I just thought Prometheus was so enjoyable — returning to the world of science fiction was so fun — that I wanted to [go back to Blade Runner, too]. I'm also thinking about what the hell I might do for a Prometheus 2.”

Thanks to Ikarop and Darkoo for the links.

bunnyavpg

bunnyavpg

Should that not be 'one of her tracks'?

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Neca figures sounds so tempting...

m138jewski

m138jewski

Neca, yesss! I hope this viral marketing thing, or a new trailer hit soon. I need more

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

I just hope they don't reveal the Space Jockey early. Like they did with the lizard from the upcoming The Amazing Spiderman

predxeno

predxeno

Awesome.

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

I wouldn't be too worried, fox will put an embargo on them, the only way it will be leaked if some supplier leaks a picture out which i think will probably happen around april time, and if it does fox will be straight on the case of who leaked it, and drag them through the courts, they have done a reasonably good job of keeping most aspects of prometheus secret. Ever since xmen origins wolverine was leaked, fox have clamped right down on production security, even though it is nice when the odd spy set pic leaks lol, i want to go into prometheus more or less spoiler free, but i think thats harder to do nowadays. I loved the pic of the big blue (Dr Manhatten) guy in the trailer, it's quite disturbing because he's completely devoid of any emotion in his face, and he looks about 10 foot tall. I also loved the recently released pic of Noomi and in the backround the 'Jockey Suit' Statues or whatever they are.

Good to see PredXeno around haven't seen you in a while.

Alien1

Alien1

uhhhhh Prometheus 2.....Alien remake? wouldnt that make sense? If prometheus had nothing to do with alien movies then why would it be on this site ;)

predxeno

predxeno

Because it used to be an Alien Prequel and a lot of people still think it is.  Nothing more.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 12, 2012, 08:27:42 PM
Because it used to be an Alien Prequel and a lot of people still think it is.  Nothing more.
:-\ Seriously?

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

We know it's an Alien prequel.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Forget it guys, this argument is going nowhere, and come on predxeno, you know saying that will just stir things up.

predxeno

predxeno

Sorry.  I didn't mean to say it as a negative thing.  I just meant that a lot of people here still believe that the film is an Alien prequel.

Nightmare Asylum

You know, I kind of agree with Predxeno. I mean, all proof is pointing at it being related to Alien, that much is obvious, but who's to say it won't rewrite continuity? It could be its own separate thing, with only "strands of Alien DNA".
Personally, I think that it will be directly related, but until we actually see the movie, there is no way to be 100% sure.

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Feb 12, 2012, 08:48:29 PM
Forget it guys, this argument is going nowhere, and come on predxeno, you know saying that will just stir things up.
Spot on mate, this debate has been going on and on for months, there's no point in going over the same ground, Scott has stated what prometheus is, and let's leave it at that.

Where's ThisBethesdaSea ? his knowledge of prometheus is excellent, he will tell you the argument for and against, plus his personal view, if he's around pm and ask him guys, he's always willing to share his knowledge with us all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed