Official Box Art

Started by newbeing, Feb 09, 2012, 02:26:09 AM

Assuming this is the official box art what are your thoughts?

I love it!
28 (27.2%)
I like it
41 (39.8%)
I don't care
16 (15.5%)
I don't like it
17 (16.5%)
I hate it!
1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Author
Official Box Art (Read 28,935 times)

newbeing

newbeing

From amazon.com. Looks similar to the art seen on the CE.

Kol

Kol

looks average. nothin' special like the avp 2010 one.

Kimo

Kimo

Its good but if they want to respect Aliens the movie, it should just say Aliens Colonial Marines and have black background in homeage to the 1980's movie cover. Well thats what i would of went for.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Anyone else reminded of the anthology cover by this? It's like they copied half the design.
Pretty unimaginative and generic. I think even the alien trilogy cover was better than this. Hell, a lot of fan art is better.
They should have asked Giger to come in to make it right.

Quote from: Kimo on Feb 09, 2012, 02:54:54 AM
Its good but if they want to respect Aliens the movie, it should just say Aliens Colonial Marines and have black background in homeage to the 1980's movie cover. Well thats what i would of went for.
Nah, that should be reserved for the CE since the collectors are far more likely to appreciate it. Great idea nonetheless.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I like it personally.

Basher917

Basher917

I love it.

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Its not bad but its not great....just average in my eyes.

Xeno_Killer

Xeno_Killer

:)

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

the white doesn't quite fit. i would have chosen a camo pattern, LV-426 background landscape, alien hive patterns, some ghostly figures of marines, or just plain black. but the alien is no good when it isn't shrouded in shadows.

i see they are trying the same as

but with a bit of battlefield 3 in there.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Feb 09, 2012, 04:08:28 AM
Its not bad but its not great....just average in my eyes.

PsyKore

PsyKore

"Not war... exTERMINATION." Not sure if I like the sound of that.

But I think the cover is a nice.

WinterActual

WinterActual

This is his fan made cover, its not the official back of the cover <.<

PsyKore

PsyKore

I know. Thank you for telling me.

Company Man

Company Man

Personally, I love the cover design. It's really stylized, in my opinion, and way better than any of the previous covers we've seen. Using the alien's profile, rather than its whole body, is a nice approach, especially if anyone picks up this game and is not too familiar with how the aliens actually look. (There are people who have no clue, believe it or not. I've met them.) Also, seeing the colonial marines on the cover is essential, in my opinion; the cover needs to illustrate in some way WHO the colonial marines are, who you'll be playing in the game. Gearbox wants players to feel like a badass marine, not like an alien, so having just an alien or plain text on the cover wouldn't really communicate the game, if you ask me.

ikarop

ikarop

Sega just sent us the following press release:

QuoteAliens: Colonial Marines Packshots & Info Text

Today we are excited to reveal the pack fronts for SEGA's highly anticipated Aliens: Colonial Marines™, featuring you and your friends as the ultimate badasses against the deadliest killers in the galaxy.

In partnership with Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products and developed by critically acclaimed studio Gearbox Software, Aliens: Colonial Marines will bring new levels of bone-chilling suspense and adrenaline-filled action to the renowned franchise. The game pits players against the universe's ultimate alien killing machines, the Xenomorphs, in claustrophobic environments guaranteed to produce blood curdling thrills that the movie is renowned for.

Aliens: Colonial Marines begins with an ostensibly abandoned ship, the U.S.S. Sulaco, recovered in orbit around LV-426. Players lead a group of highly trained United States Colonial Marines as they board the deserted craft to uncover the fate of the crew. They will have to fight to survive unspeakable horrors and their own anxieties as they chase down the truth behind a galaxy-spanning deception that places humanity at the mercy of the most murderous and deadly species in the universe. Aliens: Colonial Marines features authentic environments, such as the surface of LV-426 and Hadley's Hope, weapons inspired by the film series and is designed to provide an exhilarating and engaging new chapter in the Aliens universe.

Aliens: Colonial Marines is scheduled for release in the Autumn of 2012 on Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3 and PC. For more information please visit http://www.sega.com/games/aliens-colonial-marines/. For assets, please visit www.sega-press.com

For more news, follow SEGA on Twitter @SEGA or "like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/sega.

PC Packshots:

PS3 Packshots:

Xbox 360 Packshots:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed