What if Holloway + Shaw create a new lifeform?

Started by 180924609, Feb 03, 2012, 12:56:37 PM

Author
What if Holloway + Shaw create a new lifeform? (Read 3,781 times)

I would like to step in here and say that my short and sweet OP theory was just that: a whimsical theory. But it now appears to have been warped into a different wild argument so let me clarify a few points...

(1) I did not realise that St_Eddie had recently posted something vaguely similar - but wildly more complicated. Plus - whats all this talk about 'rape'?! Do you think for one second that Ridley Scott is going to complicate this interstellar alien technology epic with a human rape subplot? It has been established that Shaw and Holloway are partners, in the biblical sense, and therefore one would assume that sex between them would be with open consent. Perhaps this is the very reason for there to be an 'intimate couple' in this deep space story.

(2) My OP idea did not mention anything about Holloway turning into a space jockey! No. I was making the assumption that the 'acid fluid' is some kind of super-concentrated terraforming liquid that is intended to be spread over a sterile planet in order to bring about organic life. The Prometheus crew are therefore analogous to monkeys mindlessly playing around inside a nuclear power station or chemical weapons factory - they are messing with technology that is extremely dangerous but ultimately in this case has positive life giving properties. Maybe that is a reason for the Jockey Suit - its a bio-hazard protection suit?

Anyways, that was the idea I was getting at: Holloway would absorb a dose of this 'magic life-promoting' substance and its effect would be to subtly change him at the genetic level. But not to the point where he became a psychopathic rapist! Perhaps he later does change into something unpleasant but the point was that a newly created life in Shaw's womb, would instantly be a new life form that has an accelerated growth rate due to the magic DNA.

To be honest I am not sure if the time factor would allow such a plot to exist, but it is clear that Elizabeth Shaw appears to be in good health after 'the first sortie' where they bring back the Jockey skull/helmet and analyse it in the med-lab. So perhaps during the first sortie, Holloway is exposed, then spends a day in bandages in the infirmary but then makes a miraculous recovery - revealing him to be in unnaturally perfect health by virtue of the 'wonder stuff'. He then dashes to Shaw with open arms for a 'night of 5 times' in their sleeping quarters! Holloway wakes up the next morning and sits at the edge of his bed with his head in his hands thinking 'what is happening to me - I feel different' etc. Meanwhile Shaw has morning sickness from hell...

Et viola, whimsical theory complete. No rapes. No mutant space jockies. One star child/beast.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

@Xenomorphine - Whilst I certainly can appreciate where you're coming from, I'm still not entirely convinced that you understand the very core of my theory.  Imagine a human being whom is still in the very early stages of a cellular mutation.  To run along with The Fly analogy; remember when "Brundle Fly" still looked like Jeff Goldblum?  I never suggested that a being similar to the Jockey seen in Alien would rape Shaw!  Rather a twisted, mutated and bastardised (in psychological terms, only) version of Shaw's boyfriend, rapes her; the one person she thought she could trust.

In short: I'm proposing that Holloway still essentially looks human at the point at which he rapes his former lover.  How is that comedic?  I feel as though we're pulling from opposite ends of the rope here!

Also: 'Splice' ruled.  Screw the haters! :P

Quote from: 180924609 on Feb 06, 2012, 11:12:42 PM
I did not realise that St_Eddie had recently posted something vaguely similar - but wildly more complicated. Plus - whats all this talk about 'rape'?! Do you think for one second that Ridley Scott is going to complicate this interstellar alien technology epic with a human rape subplot? It has been established that Shaw and Holloway are partners, in the biblical sense, and therefore one would assume that sex between them would be with open consent. Perhaps this is the very reason for there to be an 'intimate couple' in this deep space story.

Firstly, I apologise if I inferred that you had plagiarised my theory.  I believe you to be genuine.

Secondly, it's very possible for a rape to occur within a otherwise consensual relationship.  Especially if the aggressor is suffering from the unwanted consequences of a mutation of his very identify!

Quote from: 180924609 on Feb 06, 2012, 11:12:42 PMNo rapes. No mutant space jockies.
One rape.  A few mutant Space Jockeys.

:P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed