Prometheus: The Art of the Film...

Started by Glaive, Feb 01, 2012, 04:24:25 PM

Author
Prometheus: The Art of the Film... (Read 22,277 times)

LarsVader

Quote from: Pete Script on Feb 08, 2012, 08:11:05 AM
IMDB have an article up claiming there will be a link to Prometheus in Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Haven't seen a mention on this awesome forum yet.

Well, if part of the game takes place inside of the derelict they might have checked the facts, so not to contradict anything from Prometheus.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Pete Script on Feb 08, 2012, 08:11:05 AMIMDB have an article up claiming there will be a link to Prometheus in Aliens: Colonial Marines. Haven't seen a mention on this awesome forum yet.

Interested if this turns out to be true. The problem is how can they link a narrative set on LV-426 to a movie that does not go anywhere near said planet and occurs around 100 years in the past? If there are links, nobody will be able to recognize them before the release of Prometheus anyway, unless they specifically refer to known characters in the new film, as in:

Marine A: "Yo, you remember what happened to the crew of the Prometheus right?".
Marine B: "Yeah man, that shit was nasty. Hooah!".

-Chris.

LarsVader

LarsVader

Like I just said, it might be simply related to the derelict because further details and explorations of the insides should be Prometheus territory by now.
The connection might just be an avoidence of contradictions.

Pete Script

I think we will see what came out of the space Jockey in prometheus... If so then that is the most likely tie in, in my opinion. Oh and it doesn't have to be the space jockey in the derelict we see in prometheus. It just needs to be a space jockey impregnated by an alien.

That is my take on it  ;)

bunnyavpg

I have not seen the ariticle but I think it is prudent to be wary of anything on that site until the movie is released. This is the disclaimer on some of their pages;

The content of this page was created directly by users and has not been screened or verified by IMDb staff

Pete Script

Quote from: bunnyavpg on Feb 12, 2012, 12:07:19 PM
I have not seen the ariticle but I think it is prudent to be wary of anything on that site until the movie is released. This is the disclaimer on some of their pages;

The content of this page was created directly by users and has not been screened or verified by IMDb staff

I completely agree, but it is still fun to speculate.

LarsVader

but...

QuotePSB: Are you excited to see Prometheus? Will any of the Space Jockey lore hinted at in the film make it into Aliens: Colonial Marines?

RP:
I'm very excited about Prometheus. 20th Century Fox invited us to read the script and check out production and ACM's director, Brian Martel, had a discussion with Ridley Scott about the matter years and years ago, so it's been a really interesting seat for us on this one. A bunch of our guys went out to read the script a while back. I chose to decline because I didn't want the spoilers — I can't wait to see the final film! Ridley is such a master storyteller and filmmaker and I'm thrilled that he's spending some more time in science fiction. Oh, and I haven't dodged your real question. Yes, ACM will bring you inside The Derelict on LV-426. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll leave it at that!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/03/randy-pitchford-talks-aliens-colonial-marines-release-date-prometheus-possibilities

Pete Script

Quote from: LarsVader on Feb 12, 2012, 11:46:25 PM
but...

QuotePSB: Are you excited to see Prometheus? Will any of the Space Jockey lore hinted at in the film make it into Aliens: Colonial Marines?

RP:
I'm very excited about Prometheus. 20th Century Fox invited us to read the script and check out production and ACM's director, Brian Martel, had a discussion with Ridley Scott about the matter years and years ago, so it's been a really interesting seat for us on this one. A bunch of our guys went out to read the script a while back. I chose to decline because I didn't want the spoilers — I can't wait to see the final film! Ridley is such a master storyteller and filmmaker and I'm thrilled that he's spending some more time in science fiction. Oh, and I haven't dodged your real question. Yes, ACM will bring you inside The Derelict on LV-426. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll leave it at that!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/03/randy-pitchford-talks-aliens-colonial-marines-release-date-prometheus-possibilities

Thanks for posting the link, very cool.

Wobblyboddle77

This game has been in development for many years, and has had it's release constantly pushed back further and further, i really don't know what to make of all this. I lost interest in this game a long time ago, but the recent trailer looked promising, so i'm gonna wait and see what the reviews say, fingers crossed a demo will be released in the future months. Regarding the space jockey i wouldn't be surprised, if the levels had to be changed to match continuity, as fox is still one of the power houses behind this game. Also it is good marketing to push game sales, bear in mind that's IF all this true, imdb are not well reknown for their accuracy. So let's wait and see.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed