Charlize’s character not as ‘slimy’ as Burke

Started by Pn2501, Jan 26, 2012, 03:30:31 AM

Author
Charlize’s character not as ‘slimy’ as Burke (Read 15,037 times)

obijuanmartinez

So what does that giant HEED (channeling Mike Myers from "So I Married an Axe-Murderer") in the Ampule Room represent? Is it how the Engineers / Jockeys categorize what 'specimens' are present in this chamber, or something else? (Self-aggrandizement if they are anthropomorphic creatures, etc.)

psychonaut25

Quote from: Glaive on Jan 26, 2012, 11:23:54 PM
People are looking at the Rapice charactor, and expecting a Ripley surrogate...this IS Ridley Scott we're talking about...

EPIC WIN!!

Deuterium

Would Charlize Theron, covered and slathered in coconut oil, be considered "slimey"?  If that is "slimey", then I say BRING IT ON!

DaddyYautja

How come they keep showing that face over and over again?
It's like the whole movie is about the face.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jan 27, 2012, 03:58:13 AMHow come they keep showing that face over and over again? It's like the whole movie is about the face.

The film probably does center around the face, but I agree it's getting old. It would be nice to see some promo stuff that doesn't feature bewildered astronauts in dark Giger-scapes.

-Chris

Cureguy1

Am I the only one who finds it a little disturbing that the human (god) head has predominantly Caucasian facial features? What are they trying to say here? I can't assume it's anything racially motivated but it does concern me a bit. It still looks awesome, but yet another question to wait five months to find the answer.

Valaquen

Quote from: Cureguy1 on Jan 27, 2012, 05:14:51 PM
Am I the only one who finds it a little disturbing that the human (god) head has predominantly Caucasian facial features? What are they trying to say here? I can't assume it's anything racially motivated but it does concern me a bit.
It's just you.

MrSpaceJockey

It's not racially motivated but I would have preferred more of a racially unidentifiable face.  Although, it can be argued whether or not it looks Caucasian at all.

Valaquen

It looks like Laurence Fishburne to me, Guy Pearce to others. Bleh.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 27, 2012, 06:21:06 PM
It looks like Laurence Fishburne to me,
So we know what men Noland was talking about.

GhettoDefendant

These interview/reports are always repeating that Vickers changes.  Do you think she may be "Prometheus"?
What I mean by that is, she is the one who carries out dirty deed that "incurs the wrath of the gods".
I think she's the one who said "..was wrong. It was so wrong!"
She has an epiphany and tries to save what ever is at stake. Or repair damage she's done, like what ever the hell is going on at the end of the trailer

This is what I think.

MrSpaceJockey

I'm sorry, but it's just taking the words too literally.  It's like the ALIEN DNA - it's not actual genetic material, its elements from the previous films.  Same here - Theron won't really morph into another character, she's going to develop and change, as real people do.

GhettoDefendant

GhettoDefendant

I meant a change of attitude not physical.

Edit: like Vasquez and Gorman.

MrSpaceJockey

Sorry, I misread your post there.

ikarop

For anyone curious, the image comes from this HQ scan (avaible online). Someone edited out the text with the clone tool and resized it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed