Charlize’s character not as ‘slimy’ as Burke

Started by Pn2501, Jan 26, 2012, 03:30:31 AM

Author
Charlize’s character not as ‘slimy’ as Burke (Read 15,047 times)

Pn2501

Viscal over at prometheusnews posted this

QuoteThe February 2012 issue of Total Film shares some small details on the production of Prometheus and Charlize Theron's character, Vickers. Though not necessarily a brand new issue or even new quotations, nonetheless our staff acquired a hard copy of this magazine and typed out the Prometheus article (bottom). We also scanned the image of Kate and Noomi examining the ampule room in bewilderment. The key points of the article are in bold.

QuoteDamon Lindelof who goes on to insist that Theron won't be as "slimy" as Paul Reiser's treacherous Burke in Aliens. "She's not the fast-talking, snake-oil face of the company," the Lost man continues. "As we were developing the script, she had some really cool ideas that made it not the suit you're used to."

http://www.prometheusnews.net/movie/charlizes-character-not-as-slimy/
the full transcript.

ThisBethesdaSea

Cvalda

That's the most impressive still of the ampule room yet. Looks less like a set in that photo and more like an actual environment, ala the original.

Ghostface

Nice find dude. I wonder how she'll play out.

Xenomorphine

I'm hoping this means the character will be something other than the stereotype we've been seeing for decades. Burke was an excellent character portrayal and suited the story well, but I'm honestly tired of the constant reinforcing of 'business people = evil' in movies.

'Iron Man' was the exception and all the better for it, I felt, precisely because it went against the grain in that regard. At least, right up until the bizarre epiphany Stark had to suddenly stop designing any and all weapons technology, which completely contradicted the logic he espoused at the start when asked about it.

Doesn't mean she has to be heroic, but it would make a nice change for a 'suit' to take a more noble/practical outlook, rather than default to, y'know... "WE NEED THIS FOR OUR EVIL CYBER-BIO-WEAPONS DIVISION OF DOOM MWAH HAH HAH HAH! >:D"

Michael Harper

It could be that she is just a stern Company woman, who does everything by the book and only wants the crew of the Prometheus do anything in Weyland's best interest. This could shine a negative light down on her, but without making her slimy.

Valaquen

Burke was so slimy that Reiser's sister punched him at the premiere :P Can't wait to see Theron's take.

Pn2501

If I was related, I would have been more inclined to punch him over Mad About You.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Interesting.  From this perspective, the "huge head" doesn't look quite as enormous as I first thought it was (from other pics).

QuoteLive as one of them, Kal-El, to discover where your strength and your power are needed. Always hold in your heart the pride of your special heritage. They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.
;D ;D

P.S. -- In case that wasn't obvious, that was my Marlon Brando = big Prometheus head, joke for the day.  ;)

Pn2501

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Pn2501 on Jan 26, 2012, 08:15:54 PM
already posted it lauf.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=41855.0
Oops. :D

If a mod sees this, please delete this thread then. :)

Infected

Infected

Chamber looks small.

Kev Loaf

I think she will be an anti-hero - bitch at the start but heroic when the shit hits the fan near the end. She will most likely die doing something heroic.

Something tells me that Rapice character might start out good but end up f**ked up.

Glaive

Quote from: Kev Loaf on Jan 26, 2012, 11:08:36 PM
I think she will be an anti-hero - bitch at the start but heroic when the shit hits the fan near the end. She will most likely die doing something heroic.

Something tells me that Rapice character might start out good but end up f**ked up.

People are looking at the Rapice charactor, and expecting a Ripley surrogate...this IS Ridley Scott we're talking about...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed