Resident Evil 6

Started by Xenodog, Jan 19, 2012, 10:38:12 PM

Author
Resident Evil 6 (Read 67,713 times)

severen76

severen76

More of the same, but zombies, man. f**king zombies.

ZOMBIES!

Razz

Razz

Wow this came out of nowhere (well apart from the rumours but i seriously did doubt them), trailer looked frigging brilliant and considering i lost all interest in the series since the less than stellar RE5 that does say a lot. It does look like a blend of RE4+5 and some small parts of the older series so it does seem to cater somewhat to fans of the older and newer series although mostly newer fans.

What really caught me by surprised was the Release date, RE games have never been known to come out the same year they are announced in,RE2 had trouble back in the old PSone days, RE4 took 3 years and went through multiple design overhauls before being released and RE5 took 4 years (2005 to 2009) and it wasn't till 2 years later at an E3 showing it debuted at that we had a rough release window for that game.Before i saw the date i knew this was going to be at least a mid to late 2013 title but not a late 2012 one.Very nice surprise. :)

This looks epic and crazy as hell and i like it, roll on November. :)

Ghostface

Ghostface

I might be a minority here, but I loved RE5. I played the shit out of that Co-Op with my mates. I've been a fan since the original (I even bought the director's cut and contemplated buying the dual shock version). The series has evolved into something completely different, but as long as I still find them enjoyable, I don't care too much. RE4 felt as far removed from the series as RE5 did from 4. This looks to take the best parts of 4 and 5 and throw in some elements from the old series for good measure. I can't wait for this!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Co-op? f**kING CO-OP?! Didn't those idiots learn anything from RE5!?!?!?! I don't want a f**king mother chasing after me with a red/green herb everytime I have a scratch on me!!!!

Quote from: x-M-x on Jan 20, 2012, 04:48:10 AM
no wesker at all? BS!

Why would he be when he died in RE5? For the record, it was only Sheva's AI that really buggered me about RE 5 but it was a fun ride.

Kol

Kol

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 20, 2012, 01:29:11 PM
For the record, it was only Sheva's AI that really buggered me about RE 5 but it was a fun ride.

that's why you should've played it with a real human being.  ;D

i'm very disappointed that, what is presented in the trailer, looks more like a rehash of RE 4 & 5...
don't misunderstand me, i liked these games much (especially 4), but with capcom's statement, that they were returning to the roots... even for me, who never played RE 1-3, the trailer is a bunch of broken promises.  :'(

MrLee

MrLee

Very glad Leon is back, main reason ill be getting this.

RE5 sucked in my opinion, i hated the co-op.

Razz

Razz

Co-op? f**kING CO-OP?! Didn't those idiots learn anything from RE5!?!?!?! I don't want a f**king mother chasing after me with a red/green herb everytime I have a scratch on me!!!!
Thats the only thing i'm worried about, if the AI has been fixed up and doesn't get in the way it won't be a problem but i will be far from happy if its the same as RE5's.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'd also like to know why Capcom insists on giving us more RE but can't be bothered to consider a new Dino Crisis. f**kers.

Quote from: Razz on Jan 20, 2012, 01:53:00 PM
Thats the only thing i'm worried about, if the AI has been fixed up and doesn't get in the way it won't be a problem but i will be far from happy if its the same as RE5's.

Considering it wasn't listed on the first page that Fox provided, I doubt it :-\

Prime113

Prime113

There's co-op in this one? Sweeet.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Kol on Jan 20, 2012, 01:39:39 PM
For the record, it was only Sheva's AI that really buggered me about RE 5 but it was a fun ride.

that's why you should've played it with a real human being.  ;D

i'm very disappointed that, what is presented in the trailer, looks more like a rehash of RE 4 & 5...
don't misunderstand me, i liked these games much (especially 4), but with capcom's statement, that they were returning to the roots... even for me, who never played RE 1-3, the trailer is a bunch of broken promises.  :'(

You need to play that shiz!  Resident Evil, even though it's ancient history now, it's still my all-time favorite.  RE2 is also legendary, but I never played 3.  It will feel like you're going back in time, but still well worth it.  The old ones have such charm, and its sort of fun having to steer your character around like a car as zombies shamble after you. :D

Plus once you get the shotgun you can blow off heads anyway, just watch out for those Hunters and ... those damned evil Chimeras.  Things always scared me.  Tarantula-Apes.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I think this looks alright..very much like a summer action blockbuster. Not sure if I'll be getting it on release. Depends on if Operation Raccoon City is good. I just get the feeling that one of them isn't going to be worth it if they're both being released in the same year.

Razz

Razz

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 20, 2012, 01:55:03 PM
I'd also like to know why Capcom insists on giving us more RE but can't be bothered to consider a new Dino Crisis. f**kers.

Quote from: Razz on Jan 20, 2012, 01:53:00 PM

Considering it wasn't listed on the first page that Fox provided, I doubt it :-\
Just been poking about Neogaf, according to those who have translated the 30 minute RE6 conference and the Famitsu Page.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201201/20008747.html

"The capcom livestream had a 30 minutes presentation about resident evil 6.

I can't find a decent translation.

edit: It seems the co-op is completely optional. If you choose to play single player, the AI partner is not there with you."

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yes. f**king yes! Ok, now I'll buy this game.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I have to say, that trailer was pretty cool. Probably won't be getting the game, as my entire Resident Evil playing history was a few levels in the fifth game (which I enjoyed). But I really had no idea what was going on :D maybe, one of these days, I'll start from the beginning.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Rothschild on Jan 20, 2012, 12:44:38 PM
I might be a minority here, but I loved RE5. I played the shit out of that Co-Op with my mates. I've been a fan since the original (I even bought the director's cut and contemplated buying the dual shock version). The series has evolved into something completely different, but as long as I still find them enjoyable, I don't care too much. RE4 felt as far removed from the series as RE5 did from 4. This looks to take the best parts of 4 and 5 and throw in some elements from the old series for good measure. I can't wait for this!

Thank god that I'm not alone on this site since I personally really enjoy Resident Evil 5 and I agree that the Co-Op is a lot of fun. People bitch about Resident Evil 5 not being scary when Resident Evil 4 was not that scary neither IMO.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed