Resident Evil 6

Started by Xenodog, Jan 19, 2012, 10:38:12 PM

Author
Resident Evil 6 (Read 68,010 times)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jan 20, 2012, 01:01:31 AM
Characters looked beyond crappy, especially during full-motion animations...anyway I both like and dislike where this is going, but this looks like poor man's Gears of War set in infested city you're supposed to contain. While the idea of containing is nice, I have my doubts about the execution.

Looks like they wanted to address all the major problems of Resi 4 and 5 that became evident with passing years by SIMPLY making the action A LOT MORE FAST PACED without even giving a player a second to breathe and thinking it'd do the trick, but colour me not-so-impressed now.

It is a far cry from Gears of War 3, so it should not exist in the first place (especially that the Vanquish influence also seems pervasive) and try to be something else on its own, finally!

--

It is easy to like anything that has zombies right away, but don't you people have expectations and standards?

And come on, tell me how Wesker, a cookie-cutter villain devoid of personality but has cool powers to make up for it is the best video character ever.

Wow dude, I didn't know you'd played it already.

Do you have a psychic controller, so you can play shit that hasn't come out yet?

Anyway, Leon looks a little emo.  You can't fight properly with that damned hair flying around in your face.  Put a hat on, for crying out loud.  You're going to die.

But I'm excited.  Looks like they put some effort into it, tried to develop a bit of a sinister feel to the story like the first couple of RE's.  I hope it comes together and doesn't go insane towards the end. 

Kol

Kol

honestly? it looks way too acton oriented. it has to be scary & not that dramatic...
i'm a bit disappointed, but i think it will better than RE 5.

Quote from: SuperM on Jan 19, 2012, 11:44:04 PM
that was the best 3 minutes......best.......i will buy this game, smoke weed and play it through the night, with 4 pairs of underwear coz its gonna be shit scary

best conditions!  ;D

Effectz

Effectz

I love the GOW cover system they have implemented in this series,it looks fluid.When does this game actually take place?what is he doing protecting the president?The Mercenary bit sounds good ''killing BOW's is extra''

They showed alot in this trailer,its a good sign there right on schedule for a really good RE game.

Ghostface

Ghostface

I'm pumped for this. Looks great!

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Effectz on Jan 20, 2012, 02:35:30 AM
I love the GOW cover system they have implemented in this series,it looks fluid.When does this game actually take place?what is he doing protecting the president?The Mercenary bit sounds good ''killing BOW's is extra''

They showed alot in this trailer,its a good sign there right on schedule for a really good RE game.

It takes place ten years after the Racoon City incident (RE2-RE3) and Leon has become a goverment agent. He had to rescue the President's daughter in RE4 so he probably became close with the Prez.

Effectz

Effectz

I totally forgot about RE4,makes sense now,cheers dude.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The trailer was awesome, I'm very excited for sure. I think they are keeping the RE4 & RE5 gameplay since I think Capcom thinks people enjoy that gameplay the most when it comes to Resident Evil. Revelations looks amazing as well and I plan to pre-order that game this weekend.

Remonster

Remonster

Characters looked beyond crappy, especially during full-motion animations...anyway I both like and dislike where this is going, but this looks like poor man's Gears of War set in infested city you're supposed to contain. While the idea of containing is nice, I have my doubts about the execution.

Looks like they wanted to address all the major problems of Resi 4 and 5 that became evident with passing years by SIMPLY making the action A LOT MORE FAST PACED without even giving a player a second to breathe and thinking it'd do the trick, but colour me not-so-impressed now.

It is a far cry from Gears of War 3, so it should not exist in the first place (especially that the Vanquish influence also seems pervasive) and try to be something else on its own, finally!

--

It is easy to like anything that has zombies right away, but don't you people have expectations and standards?

And come on, tell me how Wesker, a cookie-cutter villain devoid of personality but has cool powers to make up for it is the best video character ever.

Don't judge people for having different opinions than you.

Effectz

Effectz

Although RE5 was a good game i did not like alot of the zombie action in it.It was fast paced and cool but i didn't  like the idea of zombies with machetes and AK-47's.The zombie vibe to this game seems slower paced(at least from what they have shown us).

SK100

SK100

Holy shit...
November seems so much farther away now...

x-M-x

x-M-x

Looks Awesome,

Leon and Chris in the same game, (hope they meet) no wesker at all? BS!  who is the main bad guy then wonder if its Alex? :O ? where are the zombies coming from ? (chris said in the trailer that bitch?) who is that bitch ? lol

Least they are bringing in ties from RE4 and RE5

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jan 20, 2012, 02:49:46 AM
The trailer was awesome, I'm very excited for sure. I think they are keeping the RE4 & RE5 gameplay since I think Capcom thinks people enjoy that gameplay the most when it comes to Resident Evil. Revelations looks amazing as well and I plan to pre-order that game this weekend.

I like the newer gameplay style, but I do really miss the great creepy camera angles from the older games.  If I could have a perfect combination of both, where you could have those movie-style cameras with an aiming system, like you can move your red dot around the body with the stick, then that would be great.

I don't know if that would work, though.  Gameplay is still good regardless, RE4 provided me with a great number of creepy moments.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Keep the gameplay, slow the pace, decrease the ammo to increase the danger. And make sure there's plenty of statue puzzles.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quoteno wesker at all? BS!

He died at the end of RE5, I doubt he could surirved. I personally think Wesker needs a break and would be nice to have a new and more powerful villain.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Remonster on Jan 20, 2012, 02:53:16 AM

--

Don't judge people for having different opinions than you.

I'm judging people at presenting lobotomized consensus reality, not attempting any critique at all and taking everything for granted, basically as if no one was capable of seeing it any other way, just unanimous acceptance without a single negative voice.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed