Aliens Colonial Marines Collector's Edition Revealed

Started by ikarop, Jan 08, 2012, 12:56:40 AM

Author
Aliens Colonial Marines Collector's Edition Revealed (Read 39,595 times)

predxeno

Does that mean that Sega or Gearbox has officially released info about the Collector's Edition?

ikarop

It means that it's everywhere now so there's no point on having it removed anymore.

Stringer2355

Stringer2355

"It means that it's everywhere now so there's no point on having it removed anymore."

I do not understand that logic, Sega would still not want it taken down

predxeno

Quote from: ikarop on Jan 09, 2012, 10:51:43 PM
It means that it's everywhere now so there's no point on having it removed anymore.

In that case, I think the announcement for this Collector's Edition should be put back in the News section for those who may have missed it whether they be a site member or a lurker.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Stringer on Jan 09, 2012, 10:54:19 PM
"It means that it's everywhere now so there's no point on having it removed anymore."

I do not understand that logic, Sega would still not want it taken down

We checked and it's fine.

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 09, 2012, 11:13:01 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Jan 09, 2012, 10:51:43 PM

In that case, I think the announcement for this Collector's Edition should be put back in the News section for those who may have missed it whether they be a site member or a lurker.

Done and done.

shadowedge

That looks AWESOME! Looks like I am going to preorder the Collector's Edition now.

I wonder will it be for PC too?

nico_celtic

SWEET! cant waiit for this anymore

predxeno

Quote from: shadowedge on Jan 10, 2012, 04:08:54 AM
That looks AWESOME! Looks like I am going to preorder the Collector's Edition now.

I wonder will it be for PC too?

DON'T.  Wait for the pre-order bonuses to be announced and then pre-order to get those as well.  Double sweet. ;D ;D

fry1236

Where can I preorder ? and when ? I don't want to miss out on this preorder !

Stringer2355

Stringer2355

Quote from: fry1236 on Jan 10, 2012, 04:59:09 AM
Where can I preorder ? and when ? I don't want to miss out on this preorder !

You can not pre-order it, has not been official announced, no release date

fry1236

Would AVPG have it in "news" when there is a release date ?

Cravitus

Awesomeness.
And in response to the cries of the Pulse Rifle stuff, I bet it's going to be based off of the ones from the original movie. The ones in-game in the gameplay trailer they showed looked different (To me, at least), and sounded a bit different, but not that much. It could be that the ones we have seen in gameplay are actually a new variant in the series (Such as variants of... Hmm, say, planes?). That, or the Pulse Rifle thing shown in the image is a simple recolor, stat mod, or both. But I hope it's a different variant.

hardcorps54

most games now are contracted to have so much dlc to start off with , its rarely the games company bein money grabbers its the console companies bein money grabbers and demanding it in the release of the titles , it kinda makes sense , makes the console companies a shed more cash , sometimes dlc racks up to be more than the actual game , look at fall out 3 , that was ridiculous

Cravitus

Quote from: hardcorps54 on Jan 10, 2012, 07:34:41 AM
most games now are contracted to have so much dlc to start off with , its rarely the games company bein money grabbers its the console companies bein money grabbers and demanding it in the release of the titles , it kinda makes sense , makes the console companies a shed more cash , sometimes dlc racks up to be more than the actual game , look at fall out 3 , that was ridiculous
Yay, more post-midnight typing.... ugh, why won't I sleep...

I could barely understand what you just said, but I do say this.
Isn't the entire purpose of making games, consoles, movies, books, and selling them...
Isn't the entire purpose of that to make money? I mean, yeah, you want to share your ideas...
But money is basically what drives the world. Yes, sometimes crap games like the recent COD games (I've played everything from COD4 to now- I say they suck) are made just for money, or something similar. Games made just to get money off of something, like a game rushed and released in time for the movie it was based off of, are usually crap. Sometimes, you mess with some other stuff. Lots of people didn't like AvP3, supposedly (I personally think, even after a year, they should remake AvP2 the game to remedy that). But the ones that took time are what are usually the best. And PLEASE, do not bring DNF into this discussion. Games that took time, effort, and sacrifice, with a skilled team of dedicated developers, working hard and crafting out the fine details of the game, usually pay off for the best. Yes, DLC can cost a lot. BUT, the DLC thing in the Collector's Edition? We barely know any details about that, as far as I know. But, my bet is the Pulse Rifle is like a little tribute to the very original one from Aliens, and the other two are just instant unlocks. Kinda like Crysis 2 (Not exactly a good comparison, I know).

Also, as a side note, I just want to say, since we aren't in a chat room, or in a videogame where frantic typing gets your message across, that we take time and make sure our replies are coherent enough for someone else to read them. Seriously, we aren't in a deathmatch situation, where it's 'Type-Fast-Or-Die'. It's a place online for discussing things of the same basic interest.

chupacabras acheronsis

if they are -just- cash grabbing they should say so instead of bullshitting us with this whole "true sequel" tripe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed