I'm I the only one that likes AVPR ?

Started by hunterelf, Jan 02, 2012, 08:58:29 AM

Author
I'm I the only one that likes AVPR ? (Read 39,172 times)

hunterelf

I know i'll probably get flamed by this, but i'm i the only one that likes AVPR ?
I know the movie was kinda flawed, it was way too dark(literally) and the choice to make it a slasher was lame,(which i don't blame since that HAD to continue Paul Anderson's shitty first movie) but i really enjoyed it, much more than the first AVP

Even though i didn't really give a crap about the main characters, I really liked Wolf and his badass arsenal, his mask and his F'd up face. i also appreciated that they didn't make some stupid team up like in the first movie.... bunch of humans running from aliens and caught in the cross fires of the predator was exactly what the "franchise" was suppose to be and they did it.
oh,and how long has it been since we've seen a guy skinned by a predator ? this is the only movie since the original which did it.

PsyKore

Why would someone want to flame you? Although, they might flame the movie. :D But you're entitled to like it. There's a few other people here that like it too, I think.

Oh, and there was Predator skinning action in Predator 2. So not since the second movie.

SM

SM

There's a few people who like it.

They're not terribly convincing though.

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Quote from: SM on Jan 02, 2012, 12:06:46 PM
There's a few people who like it.

those must suffer some weird self - abuse syndrome

:edit
  ;D ;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Or have their opinions.

I don't like the movie myself, but please, if there's people who like it, let them be. There's no need to try and find something wrong with them.

psychonaut25

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 02, 2012, 10:59:41 PM
Or have their opinions.

I don't like the movie myself, but please, if there's people who like it, let them be. There's no need to try and find something wrong with them.

it's not an insult, but...i don't know...what is good about that movie?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Saying that people who like the film suffer self-abuse syndrome is not an insult?
Please now. It's one of the worst theatrically-released sci-fi films, but I don't see why people that like it should have problems or syndromes of any kind.
If you were joking, a :P or ;D in there would've helped a lot.

psychonaut25

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 02, 2012, 11:06:48 PM
Saying that people who like the film suffer self-abuse syndrome is not an insult?
Please now. It's one of the worst theatrically-released sci-fi films, but I don't see why people that like it should have problems or syndromes of any kind.
If you were joking, a :P or ;D in there would've helped a lot.

fixed :)

Alienseseses

I like it.

I recognize that it's a poorly written and produced film, but I enjoy watching it from time to time.

MrSpaceJockey

I'm too lazy to argue with anybody.  That's why, "we all have opinions," was invented.

SizzyBubbles

F'ing LOVE AVP:R!!! ROAR!!!

Pretty sure i just love all things A/P/AVP because i enjoy the franchise and the beasts. Even id its a comic, game, or film what was "bad" i still enjoyed it.
The people to me where just victims for a couple of my favorite alien killers.

Terx2

There is parts to it I like and others make you hate it. That's how I've always seen it.

Good: The music

Bad: the Actors

Good: new predator weapons

Bad: Its really dark

I could go on for ages ;D

Valaquen

Most of those who like it seem to base their argument on Wolf looking cool. Which I can't understand. Fair enough. I have almost scoured this movie's existence from my brain. It took a potentially C-grade series [Alien] and actually presented it as a C-grade film, rather than the A-grade treatment that the first few films gave the series.

psychonaut25

Quote from: Terx2 on Jan 03, 2012, 04:41:52 AM
There is parts to it I like and others make you hate it. That's how I've always seen it.

Good: The music

Bad: the Actors

Good: new predator weapons

Bad: Its really dark

I could go on for ages ;D

Bad actors, agree...Ian Whyte is the only good actor here. it's bad that we haven't seen more of predator homeworld.

Requiem28

I like AVP-R.  Introduces alot of new material into the franchise/ franchises.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed