Hot Toys Announces 1/4 Scale Predator Figures

Started by Stalker, Dec 30, 2011, 01:45:15 PM

Author
Hot Toys Announces 1/4 Scale Predator Figures (Read 47,667 times)

Njm1983

Gotta agree with him too, the HT classic is improved but still not right.

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Njm1983 on Dec 31, 2011, 04:09:52 AM
Gotta agree with him too, the HT classic is improved but still not right.

It's okay to be not right when the it's not flawed like the film version.  8)

Dairylocks is a Hot Toys hater from way back. 90% of his posts are in Hot Toys threads, slamming Hot Toys over and over. He's entitled to his opinion. But I'm sure everyone agrees when I say "We only need to read it once." No more spamming of negative opinions.

Quote from: Stalker on Dec 31, 2011, 01:09:40 AM
Yeah I know what you mean. I plan to sell off most of my collection before these arrive so I will both have space to put them & money to buy them. I'm over collecting 1/1 pieces so those are definitely all going & if they are remaking all the Predators in 1/4 scale I won't need to keep the 1/6 figures. Hopefully I'll have some decent glass cabinets by then too.

And I'll almost certainly be selling the NECAs. What's the point of having 3 of the same figure with a different head when you can have one equal sized Hot Toy with superior detail & a removable mask?

Sounds like a logical financial/spacial choice. But I recommend waiting until these 1/4ths materialize. I mean, we might go to war with China in the meantime.  ;)

Njm1983

I'm aware of his history, and aware that he frequently has expressed himself. I've also noticed quite a bit of antagonizing from other members here with no justification or provocation.

He has a right to express his opinions as do you all, however wouldn't it be best to keep it limited to just opinions and leave out the name calling and attacks on his character?

Just my 2 cents, I'm done playing internet policeman.

Stalker

They're making a 1/4 scale Dutch figure too. It looks like I might just have to cancel my pre order for the Sideshow premium format statue then, as great as it looks.

SizzyBubbles

i think... i just.. peed myself...

DEAR GOD I would love an Elder Predator <3

...and original Pred..

...and Wolf...

looks like i'm back to the street corners again  :D

xeno killer

I'm so looking forward to a P2 city hunter 1/6 re-release and a elder predator 1/4 scale OMG!!! :o

darylox

QuoteIt's okay to be not right when the it's not flawed like the film version.  8)

Dairylocks is a Hot Toys hater from way back. 90% of his posts are in Hot Toys threads, slamming Hot Toys over and over. He's entitled to his opinion. But I'm sure everyone agrees when I say "We only need to read it once." No more spamming of negative opinions.

Show me the posts ?
I m not a hater or a basher, just a realist ! I always say what i think, i am not a liar.
The HT Predators are not accurate and looking bad in my eyes, but if you have another opinion its ok. But accept others opnions too, whetther negative or positive.

;)

Peace  ;)

Sexy Poot

Dude is right. Neca is just better in every way. MUCH more movie accurate. These things look cool, and im excited as hell to see all of the movies realized, but as long as Neca makes big figures like they do, im sticking with them. I never owned a Hot Toys figure but the prices for these things are atrocious. Maybe at $100 id bite, but as long as these things are a couple hundred and look the way they do, its a no go for me.

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Dec 31, 2011, 09:18:17 PM
Dude is right. Neca is just better in every way. MUCH more movie accurate. These things look cool, and im excited as hell to see all of the movies realized, but as long as Neca makes big figures like they do, im sticking with them. I never owned a Hot Toys figure but the prices for these things are atrocious. Maybe at $100 id bite, but as long as these things are a couple hundred and look the way they do, its a no go for me.

I have to agree.

But i will have to make my final judgment when i see the finished product. If they look great and the price is right then i may get ONE. I am after all VERY pleased with my HT Mr.Black <3333
I love the neca figures though. They looks great, are more adorable, and take up less space.

now maybe if HT could come out with some decent aliens...

Mörbid flö

i would be happy with some new 1/4 scale preds,but how should we pay them??? even the 1/6 scale ones are to expensive!!!!

Promisetheus

Promisetheus

NECA and Hottoys?although HT toys are elegant,but do you agree that use 100USD bought a neca toy is more rational than spend almost 500 USD to buy same stuff just for easier to play and feel more great when you look at it ? :-X

Stalker

Stalker

Quote from: Promisetheus on Jan 02, 2012, 02:30:45 PM
NECA and Hottoys?although HT toys are elegant,but do you agree that use 100USD bought a neca toy is more rational than spend almost 500 USD to buy same stuff just for easier to play and feel more great when you look at it ? :-X

Hot Toys figures are so much more intricate & detailed than NECAs. On a Hot Toy every single piece of armour, every single strap, pouch, belt & dreadlock is real to the touch as opposed to just being plastic all over. That's the real difference.

Don't get me wrong, the 18 inch NECA Preds are badass, but I think this new line of high end figures will just outclass them in every way. The inevitably high price will no doubt turn some people away though.

Promisetheus

Quote from: Stalker on Jan 02, 2012, 02:44:18 PM
Quote from: Promisetheus on Jan 02, 2012, 02:30:45 PM

Hot Toys figures are so much more intricate & detailed than NECAs. On a Hot Toy every single piece of armour, every single strap, pouch, belt & dreadlock is real to the touch as opposed to just being plastic all over. That's the real difference.

Don't get me wrong, the 18 inch NECA Preds are badass & very well made, but I think this new line of high end figures will just outclass them in every way. The inevitably high price will no doubt turn some people away though.
Agreed.hope i can pay for it as a Predator fan  :-\

Bat Chain Puller

It's great to have options. Even if I'm never able to afford a 1/4 Hot Toys Predator ... I love the fact that they will be out there in the wild. To be drooled over and coveted (and maybe one day ... acquired!) And THEN it would be all the sweeter.

Stalker, you hit the nail on the head with the differences. I own the NECA's and a few of the recent HT Preds ... and the difference at a distance is negligible. But up close and in hand it's like Night and Day. The size/price point is what gave Neca a chip in the big game. And clearly it's why HT is upping the ante. Lets hope Neca ups it even more!

With the 1/4th line of HT Preds we're probably getting away from 'high end collectable' and into more 'movie prop/maquette' territory in terms of price/artistry.
Spoiler
(and I'm not talking about the commercially available and overly priced sideshow/weta 'maquettes'. I'm talking about professional, authentic movie crafts work.)
[close]
These are the types of things that are marketed for people with money. These are the types of memorabilia you see in the estates of a Movie, Rock, or Rap star. Or a young professional who has yet to rear a family and has money to burn. Every now and then you'll see a little kid with one on Youtube who's parents buy him everything.

Most of the hate feels like a psychological work around in terms of coming to terms with unattainably.

darylox

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbaLQTgb-PA

Its better to paying 80$ for a accurate 1/4 Predator then 250$ for a wannabe Predator in 1/6 imo.

The P1 predator from HT have not even a chance.

@Stalker

HOT TOYS more detailed, lol.
....look at the last page.

NECAs 18" Predator cost 80$ and looks much more impressive overall than the new classic from HT for 250$ ,  a fact !

Really, they should engage a sculptor with experience for the new line or we see the same Preds in 1/4

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed