Hot Toys Announces 1/4 Scale Predator Figures

Started by Stalker, Dec 30, 2011, 01:45:15 PM

Author
Hot Toys Announces 1/4 Scale Predator Figures (Read 47,694 times)

Stalker

Stalker

From the Hot Toys Facebook page:

QuoteAfter the release of the Classic Predator Collectible Figure recently, we have received positive response from the market! But we guess that fans won't be just satisfying with the 1/6th scale, right?

We are going to announce this great news now - we are bringing to fans not only the 1/6th scale, but also the 1/4th scale collectible figures of the Predator movie series - Predator, Predator 2, Predators, Alien vs. Predator (AVP) and Aliens vs Predator – Requiem (AVPR)!

It will be surely an enhancing of the details and quality level! And the mask and some of the body armors will be made by die-casting!

Moreover, we will be bringing the collectible of Dutch featuring our beloved actor Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1/4th scale too! Fans, please stay tuned!

All I can say is HOLY SHIT! I will definitely be getting every single one of these, even if I have to sell all my wordly possessions and/or kidneys to do so.

Here is the very first sneak peek at the original 1/4 Predator.

Snowdog

Please please i want a new Celtic hot toys figure ::) Also the elder is an instant buy !!! Auch... for the wallet again :laugh:

Sabres21768

There's no way that's a shot of the 1:4 P1 figure.

Look at that leg armor...looks more like an AvP Pred to me.

Stalker

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Dec 30, 2011, 02:01:31 PM

That's just what it says on the Hot Toys page. Here's the link.

With these bad boys on the way it looks like I will have to save up some serious cash & sell off most of my current collection. It will be so worth it though.

Tribal

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Dec 30, 2011, 02:01:31 PM

Yep!
Doesnt look like P1... and i think it's too small for a 1/4 figure  :P

Stalker

Keep in mind it's a very early work in progress photo. All the Predator figures Hot Toys have made in the last couple of years have been amazing so I can't wait to see these. I'll be waving bye bye to my 1/4 scale NECAs for sure.

Shadow

a new even pricier series of preds from hot toys. i admire those rich basterds who can afford em :P but they sure will be nice. hopefully all new sculpts for the avp ones too, without the ugly torso joint and stuff

darylox

HT need at first a sculptor who know how the creature looks !  ;D
FACT ! ;
All the Predators from the past are very inaccuarte from the top to the botton !

Even the newest classic Pred 12" looks completely wrong , like a son of Predator or something like this.
Body-proportions are terrible.

The face-sculpt is bad too, reminds me on a Owl or a unkwon insect but Predator ? never !  Especially the closed mouth version is a big fail

... far away from NECAS 1/4 Predator in almost every discipline.
I mean where is the charisma of the Predator ?

Yeah, yeah i know i compare the original with the classic like 99% of the people on SS, but in compare with the classic the new HT Predator looks very inaccurate too, so.
I dont wanna lying, so i say what i think.

Sry for the bad english and the harsh Words but as i said, just my 2 cents  ;)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

...Looks plenty of like the Classic Predator to me.

And I sincerely cannot wait for these to come. The Predator 2 ones especially.

darylox

darylox

No, not even the picture of the proto looks close.
The mouth is the biggest problem, ridiculous  :-\

Original

and Pictures of my 18" NECA

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The Predator is shot from a different angle in the screencap you posted.
This is more like it:

Just the mandibles seem to be lifted upward a bit.
Nothing really far removed from the design.

darylox

darylox

I dont get warm with the HT Predators.
Not really movie accurate.

I miss complete the Aura & charisma of the Predator
However, to each his own.  ;)

I wish HT much success with the new 1/4 line and off course a much better likeness:

Peace ;)

Stalker

Quote from: darylox on Dec 30, 2011, 07:57:06 PM
HT need at first a sculptor who know how the creature looks !  ;D
FACT ! ;
All the Predators from the past are very inaccuarte from the top to the botton !

Even the newest classic Pred 12" looks completely wrong , like a son of Predator or something like this.
Body-proportions are terrible.

The face-sculpt is bad too, reminds me on a Owl or a unkwon insect but Predator ? never !  Especially the closed mouth version is a big fail

All the Hot Toys Predators released in the last 2 years are nothing short of amazing. The body proportions are far superior to their older figures.

The 18" NECA is a great figure no doubt, but compared to the Hot Toys it just doesn't look or feel quite as realistic in my opinion. The HT figures use much better materials- so all the belts, buckles & straps on the armour are all completely real & not just sculpted on or made of cheap nylon. Not to mention the (in my opinion) superior paint job & more intricate fine details & accessories that they are known for.

And that's just in 1/6 scale, now they're moving up to the larger scale the quality will surely improve even further, which is almost hard for me to believe since they are near perfection already.

darylox

darylox

Compare the accurate neca body with the childish HT body.
Like his 12 year old son, short and ridiculous looking arms and legs. Overall the proportions are ugly imo.
Hot Toys is plastic too.
Best materials didnt help when a scuplt looks OFF.

I dont like the overall look of the HT predators,  likeness reminds me on manga not on the movie.

These are good proportions for a Predator figure in your opinion ? Be honest

Looks like a child

Stalker

Quote from: darylox on Dec 31, 2011, 12:17:48 AM
Compare the accurate neca body with the childish HT body.
Like his 12 year old son, short and ridiculous looking arms and legs. Overall the proportions are ugly imo.
Hot Toys is plastic too.
Best materials didnt help when a scuplt looks OFF.

I dont like the overall look of the HT predators,  likeness reminds me on manga not on the movie.

I don't see any issue with the body proportions at all. Maybe on the older figures which were too skinny & had blatantly visible joints, but the newer ones look awesome.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed