Ian Whyte for Prometheus?

Started by Darkness, Dec 28, 2011, 08:58:10 PM

Author
Ian Whyte for Prometheus? (Read 23,573 times)

SHREK

SHREK

why do u think its going to be awesome? cuz it has nice special effects and a ship crash, im a fan of the original movies of alien, aliens and predator. proper script writing and characters made these films good, not just nice graphics or having films in 3D (which i hate) such as this 1. Am i really the only 1 whos dissapointed to find out that the space jockey is just a bald guy in a suit? (not proven but looks 95% likely) i think i prefered the mystery behind it that it had before which made it into a whole new alien world. Not some humanoid people being 'gods' or wateva. To me its ruining the greatness of the original movies, and to be honest seeing as tho it has nothing to do with the original aliens and isnt the same ship in the original alien movie, why is it even on this site? James cameron created Aliens and is a major man in the alien franchise as is Ridley scott... he made another movie about aliens in a different world ...Avatar... but that wasnt posted about on here... just making a point..

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

That's why I'm being healthily sceptical. It served me well for 'Requiem' and if this production does turn out to be good, then I'll be pleasantly surprised. :)

nendo

nendo

Quote from: SHREK on Dec 30, 2011, 10:10:24 PM
why do u think its going to be awesome? cuz it has nice special effects and a ship crash, im a fan of the original movies of alien, aliens and predator. proper script writing and characters made these films good, not just nice graphics or having films in 3D (which i hate) such as this 1. Am i really the only 1 whos dissapointed to find out that the space jockey is just a bald guy in a suit? (not proven but looks 95% likely) i think i prefered the mystery behind it that it had before which made it into a whole new alien world. Not some humanoid people being 'gods' or wateva. To me its ruining the greatness of the original movies, and to be honest seeing as tho it has nothing to do with the original aliens and isnt the same ship in the original alien movie, why is it even on this site? James cameron created Aliens and is a major man in the alien franchise as is Ridley scott... he made another movie about aliens in a different world ...Avatar... but that wasnt posted about on here... just making a point..

Your point makes no sense though. Although this isn't a direct story prequel it is in fact related to the Alien universe. So it does have a place on this forum.

You have made your entire opinion based on the possibility that the space jockey is the bald guy. btw its 50/50 of it being the space jockey. Not 95% as you said in your post. The bald guy either is or isn't the space jockey. 95% from a very short 1 second clip of the bald guy standing in the chair room? (who may i add was also in the wheelchair in the medi room short with the woman collapsing). Thats no way a 95% indication that he is infact the space jockey.

P.S You kinda make out that predator has a well written script which i don't agree with to be honest

williammcnasty#awesome92

williammcnasty#awesome92

Quote from: nendo on Dec 31, 2011, 05:11:57 PM

Your point makes no sense though. Although this isn't a direct story prequel it is in fact related to the Alien universe. So it does have a place on this forum.

You have made your entire opinion based on the possibility that the space jockey is the bald guy. btw its 50/50 of it being the space jockey. Not 95% as you said in your post. The bald guy either is or isn't the space jockey. 95% from a very short 1 second clip of the bald guy standing in the chair room? (who may i add was also in the wheelchair in the medi room short with the woman collapsing). Thats no way a 95% indication that he is infact the space jockey.

P.S You kinda make out that predator has a well written script which i don't agree with to be honest

Quote from: bleau on Dec 29, 2011, 08:27:42 AM
Quote from: Highland on Dec 29, 2011, 07:51:27 AM
Quote from: bleau on Dec 29, 2011, 03:48:39 AM
Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 28, 2011, 10:02:39 PM
well, then we have proof that the pale grey gut in trailer is NOT a space jockey....

The Engineers are Space Jockey's.

Well we don't know that for sure. There could be multiple engineers for different purposes.

I took it as multiple engineers as multiple Jockey's. ?

why do people still think that space zombies are the basic premise of a ridley scott show? you guys are friggan idiots theyve already shown dead spacejockeys there are confirmed space jockeys why is that so hard to comprehend

Stagin 26

Stagin 26

I'm pumped about any little fact or fictitious rumor about this film. Loved Ian in AVPR, and I'll love him in this flick too, if he's in it.

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Quote from: Stagin 26 on Jan 01, 2012, 02:44:47 AM
I'm pumped about any little fact or fictitious rumor about this film. Loved Ian in AVPR, and I'll love him in this flick too, if he's in it.

He was the only thing in that movie that make me give the movie 1 point from 10 instead of 0 from 10 on my personal scale.

Gash

Gash

A Ridley Scott film that returns to sci fi, and ties to  A  L  I  E  N  is a very big deal indeed. The sequels and the unrelated Predator franchise pale by comparison.

The cast is excellent, and they have all said how compelling they found the script. That is enough to convince me that this is the must see film of the year. It is not about visual effects, although clearly a film with the visual grandeur of  A  L  I  E  N  is going to be stunning to see.

Speculation is fun I guess, but when people start to dismiss a film based on speculation alone I find that a bit ridiculous. Citing all the films in the Alien and Predator franchises as well written compared to Prometheus is clearly odd, to say the least.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: SHREK on Dec 30, 2011, 10:10:24 PMwhy is it even on this site? James cameron created Aliens and is a major man in the alien franchise as is Ridley scott... he made another movie about aliens in a different world ...Avatar... but that wasnt posted about on here... just making a point..

Space Jockeys and Giger spaceships. That's why it's on here.

-Chris

Glaive

Glaive

Anyone else finding the term 'Engineer' being retrofitted to 'Mechanic' on certain sites?
So are all these actors that have been labelled such, just another couple of blue-collar workers like Parker and Brett?

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Quote from: Glaive on Jan 02, 2012, 11:10:58 PM
Anyone else finding the term 'Engineer' being retrofitted to 'Mechanic' on certain sites?
So are all these actors that have been labelled such, just another couple of blue-collar workers like Parker and Brett?

engineer and mechanic are quite different jobs...excuse me if i'm wrong...

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Jan 02, 2012, 11:13:21 PM
Quote from: Glaive on Jan 02, 2012, 11:10:58 PM

engineer and mechanic are quite different jobs...excuse me if i'm wrong...

can be different and can also be one and the same if youre a mechanical engineer!.

all depends on the context of both words/jobs.

thanks

rich

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Engineers in Prometheus are meant the Jockeys...Not sure about that, but it is very plausible.

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Jan 02, 2012, 11:45:27 PM
Engineers in Prometheus are meant the Jockeys...Not sure about that, but it is very plausible.

i know, i was just pointing out that the words can have a similar meaning and its this ambiguity that led to imdb and other sites listing two actors as playing space jockey/god engineers when in reality theyre playing human mechanic/engineers like brett and parker...

imdb since had to change the listing after realising the mistake but it has caused a lot of confusion among fans.

thanks

rich

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed