Ian Whyte for Prometheus?

Started by Darkness, Dec 28, 2011, 08:58:10 PM

Author
Ian Whyte for Prometheus? (Read 23,574 times)

Darkness

Darkness

BD just posted something rather strange just now. They claim Ian Whyte (AvP, AvP Requiem) will be playing one of the Engineers.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/27710?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

QuoteOnly in horror is the man in a rubber suit revered as a God, which is appropriate considering the enormity of the following scoop.

With a fair spoiler warning to prelude this story, Damon Lindelof's screenplay for Prometheus, Ridley Scott's Alien prequel, is said to begin when a group of humans discover a map of the universe that leads them to their creators - or "Gods". Said Gods are the Space Jockeys as eluded to in the corpse seen in Scott's 1979 Alien.

In Twentieth Century Fox's Prometheus, arriving in theaters June 8, one of these Space Jockeys is referred to as "The Engineer". While there are said to be multiple engineers, Bloody Disgusting can exclusively report that Ian Whyte will portray one of them. He will soon be referred to as our "creator" or "God"...

Whyte also worked in costume as the Predator in both Alien vs. Predator films. We'll hopefully have more soon as there are quite a bit of interesting rumors surrounding this casting. We'll work on confirming before we report back.

Kinda odd how we never heard about this before now.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

well then...

Master

Master

He played Predator quite well. I`d say bring him in.

m138jewski

m138jewski

I call bs

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

well, then we have proof that the pale grey gut in trailer is NOT a space jockey....

BUGZ

BUGZ

Interesting. I've not spoke to Ian for a few good months now. I'll get in touch to confirm if this is true.

Bri

darkbladeclan6438

ask him what the guy next to the chair is

Snowdog

Snowdog

Ian is one of the better suit actors out there so i say bring it on !! 8)

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Quote from: darkbladeclan6438 on Dec 28, 2011, 10:24:34 PM
ask him what the guy next to the chair is

And who is the guy IN the chair in Alien....

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: BUGZ on Dec 28, 2011, 10:17:26 PM
Interesting. I've not spoke to Ian for a few good months now. I'll get in touch to confirm if this is true.

Bri

Take a case of beer and a Dictaphone. 8)

-Chris

eyesofthedemon

eyesofthedemon

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 28, 2011, 10:41:11 PM

Bri

-Chris

And use force if necessary  :laugh:

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Quote from: eyesofthedemon on Dec 28, 2011, 11:09:35 PM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 28, 2011, 10:41:11 PM

Bri

-Chris

And use force if necessary  :laugh:

Or use THE Force....:)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

"And lo, man did arise by the hand of Wolf..."

Valaquen

Valaquen

Surprised the "He's playing a Predator!" squad haven't arrived yet :P I like Ian, he;s a good performer, and also appeared in Game of Thrones as a Whitewalker, and will take over the role of Gregor Clegane in series two, apparently. Cool news.

mastermoon

mastermoon

So is Ian Whyte really going to be playing as a Space Jockey?.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed