IMPORTANT - SPOILER WARNINGS!

Started by Xenomorphine, Dec 25, 2011, 03:24:34 AM

Author
IMPORTANT - SPOILER WARNINGS! (Read 10,786 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

So, it's getting to that time where an upcoming film has given just about enough clues for rabid discussion to ensue (both informed and otherwise). Some people, however, don't want to know about certain details, beyond what they, themselves can already figure out.

This is an appeal from the staff for you to try and put spoiler warnings in your subject headers in future, please!

Talking about readily available material, such as in adverts, is fine. But try to avoid things along the lines of 'OMFG I JUST SAW THE SUPER-AWESOME XENOMUNCHKIN TOY AND IT LOOKS LIKE THIS!!!' In those cases, do a subject header like 'SPOILER - TOY IMAGES' or something, so that it's not clicked on by mistake. I'm sure most of you have the common sense to figure out the difference. :)

And don't forget that we have a spoiler tag ripe for your personal use! See the icon which looks like a radiation symbol? That's the one.

It lets you do this:

Spoiler
"Look! I'm a spoiler and you have to click to read me!"
[close]

Just try to keep in mind that some people don't want to be spoiled with details they shouldn't know unless they go looking for them.

Spudy1216

Spudy1216

Great Idea, its about time someone pointed that out, thanks for the heads up!

bobcunk

bobcunk

I think this should include things most people wouldnt see, and Photoshop enhancing.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Apparently, a single spoiler tag won't suffice. I suggest a convention of spoiler hiding like this...

Spoiler
You sure?
Spoiler
Reeaally sure?
Spoiler
Ok, you asked for it
Spoiler
Zing!
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Valaquen

Valaquen

Can I just underline this thread again - If you're discussing plot points, or showing images or gifs from the movie that are considered spoilerish: USE SPOILER TAGS. Many wanted to avoid the beast revealed in the latest TV spot but had it ruined due to members posting a gif all over the place minus the spoiler tag. Others are openly discussing unofficially revealed information. Please respect other members and make friends with the spoiler function.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed