FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video]

Started by Darkoo, Dec 19, 2011, 06:21:33 PM

Author
FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video] (Read 144,681 times)

alexpez

I am reminded of Leviathan, which itself is an Alien rip off.

Cant wait to see the HD trailer later.

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

The xenomorph itself is a mutant born from a mutated dna gene that is spawned from human + alien encounter :)
I guess that as long as the humanoid mutant has a long penis head of death instead of a mans, most of you "fans" are ok with it ( should that concern me?)
In fact i remember that under the dome of the traditional xeno lies human skull eye sockets....and a partial nasal cavity,  has human lips and teeth........ 2arms, 2legs........sounds kinda the same as a man to me?
It isnt really the disign i find scary in alien cannon its the nature of the creature itself. It is whats going to happen if that thing gets hold of you ( they wanna f**k you , rip your heart out and then eat you:) 
What amazes me about some of you is that your sooooooooo concerned with the "look" when in fact what i think is going to be shown are creatures that have a much much more frightening "nature" ( but still very nasty looking little beastys )
As a sidenote............. How the "mutants" look in hills have eyes isnt what makes them scary........its the fact that they wanna eat your dog , f**k your mom and sister and do horrible shit all the while, i dont remember sloth from the goonies wanting to do anything of that nature ( although would have made a good sideplot in my oppinion) but based on his look you would jump straight to that conclusion...... And how stupid would you look lolz:)

ThisBethesdaSea

Great point icedog...as I've written before......if people believe that the original alien can still be presented in a way that's scary and fresh, so can human mutation, something of which is an actual reality.

I grow sick of people attaching their excitement or disappointment to a singular image as opposed an entire film. It's pedestrian.

Kimarhi

The later Alien films became less about the alieness of the Alien and more about Ripley.  The design of the Alien as a true source of fear/tension/horror whatever hasn't worked since the second movie.  Of course it is played out.

But so are jumping space zombies.  HOPEFULLY, there are more transformations/different types of aliens aside from our Alien in Prometheus.  Otherwise I doubt very seriously fast moving space zombies will impact me the same way the original creature design did.

I can't help but recall William Gibson's failed Alien 3 script watching these previews, even tough his alien virus did mutate the host into Aliens eventually.

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

Which i am pretty sure stuck pretty close to scotts original idea, isnt that how the alien morphs bret and lambert in alien?

So lol can i ask............ Would it be ok as long as the "mutant" was encased in aliengoo?
Because again i must wonder about you people who want to see men being soaked in goo that comes from a biomech sextoy that covers you in his goo?

Spidey3121

Egg-morphing? I don't know if anyone's brought it up, though perhaps that's what you were alluding to, but with all this talk of morphing & mutating we must remember that in Scott's original Alien he had humans transforming into Alien eggs. I'm not suggesting that's what is happening here, only that the concept is not foreign to the franchise.

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

What if............. The sj uses human species as a catalyst testtube? I know the sjs create life in the hope that one day it will evolve into an inteligent enough being to find its way back to the sjs, maybe there is a reason for this like.. They need inteligence before they mutate us into other things?
And i think all the human/xeno hybrids in alien resurection all look creapy as hell...... Just sayin :)

Vorennaal

Best shot of the engineer's head so far in the trailer.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It's 'helmet' now, unfortunately...

Spidey3121

That simply does not look like a helmet - w/e's - trailer looks great!!

JaaayDee

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 22, 2011, 07:44:16 PM

A completely biological helmet, looks like.

JKS1

Quote from: PrometheusFire on Dec 22, 2011, 03:38:44 PM
The xenomorph itself is a mutant born from a mutated dna gene that is spawned from human + alien encounter :)
I guess that as long as the humanoid mutant has a long penis head of death instead of a mans, most of you "fans" are ok with it ( should that concern me?)
In fact i remember that under the dome of the traditional xeno lies human skull eye sockets....and a partial nasal cavity,  has human lips and teeth........ 2arms, 2legs........sounds kinda the same as a man to me?
It isnt really the disign i find scary in alien cannon its the nature of the creature itself. It is whats going to happen if that thing gets hold of you ( they wanna f**k you , rip your heart out and then eat you:) 
What amazes me about some of you is that your sooooooooo concerned with the "look" when in fact what i think is going to be shown are creatures that have a much much more frightening "nature" ( but still very nasty looking little beastys )
As a sidenote............. How the "mutants" look in hills have eyes isnt what makes them scary........its the fact that they wanna eat your dog , f**k your mom and sister and do horrible shit all the while, i dont remember sloth from the goonies wanting to do anything of that nature ( although would have made a good sideplot in my oppinion) but based on his look you would jump straight to that conclusion...... And how stupid would you look lolz:)

So by the same token you wouldn't have minded if the Alien in Ridleys '79 flic looked just like the 'creature from the black lagoon' man in a rubber suit and the creature would be just as terrifying ?
You saying that what the threat looks like is pretty unimportant is just as 'stupid LOLZ' as being disappointed at a particular image and extrapolating based on that image

Also those retarded homicidal imbeciles in 'the hills have eyes' aren't the least bit scary
You really find them terrifying ?
Stupid LOLZ

psychonaut25

Quote from: JaaayDee on Dec 22, 2011, 08:20:25 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 22, 2011, 07:44:16 PM

A completely biological helmet, looks like.

Biomechanoid :) That's good news. Gigerish stuff still included. It looks like that "helmet" is grown, like a bone or something.

Le Celticant

Hello,

I hope one day people will get this: Cinema is a PICTURE in motion, and
this is an art.
There where a time in the old days before Hollywood overrun the market where
people took care of what they had to shot.
Because they weren't rich and the development of a movie consumed a lot of
money and time.
When you shoot a movie, you take care of what to place into the square thing
called screen.
You don't stupidly shoot something as it is today.
It had to have meaning with the image because it's always stronger that the sound
which were a "nice addition" to the cinema but not something that should
be a whole alone.
Also, it didn't have to be story, it just had to be an art.

The look is important, ALIEN became what it is because of the creature.
Because of its design making a print into people head when first saw.
Then of course its action also printed in the head of the audience a mark
but since the movie is about the "look" (I dare you to watch a film with
your eyes closed) I believe people want new / original experiences.
At least I do.
Seeing how is prometheus for now, it just feels uninspired and déjà vu.

psychonaut25

Quote from: Le Celticant on Dec 22, 2011, 10:25:18 PM

Hello,

I hope one day people will get this: Cinema is a PICTURE in motion, and
this is an art.
There where a time in the old days before Hollywood overrun the market where
people took care of what they had to shot.
Because they weren't rich and the development of a movie consumed a lot of
money and time.
When you shoot a movie, you take care of what to place into the square thing
called screen.
You don't stupidly shoot something as it is today.
It had to have meaning with the image because it's always stronger that the sound
which were a "nice addition" to the cinema but not something that should
be a whole alone.
Also, it didn't have to be story, it just had to be an art.

The look is important, ALIEN became what it is because of the creature.
Because of its design making a print into people head when first saw.
Then of course its action also printed in the head of the audience a mark
but since the movie is about the "look" (I dare you to watch a film with
your eyes closed) I believe people want new / original experiences.
At least I do.
Seeing how is prometheus for now, it just feels uninspired and déjà vu.

ehm....then what do you want Prometheus to be?? It is very easy to judge a movie that is 6 months from release by a one minute long teaser...(it's not even a trailer)....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed