Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus, Giger, Beginning of Man and Original Alien

Started by Darkoo, Dec 17, 2011, 02:26:48 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus, Giger, Beginning of Man and Original Alien (Read 104,596 times)

Weezus Christ

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jan 06, 2012, 06:14:34 PM
The wiki report is quite frankly....wrong, as is so much on the internet. I'm reading A L I E N vault and it also backs up the claim that John Hurt was a last minute addition to the film.

prove it.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Weezus Christ on Jan 07, 2012, 03:32:55 PM
The wiki report is quite frankly....wrong, as is so much on the internet. I'm reading A L I E N vault and it also backs up the claim that John Hurt was a last minute addition to the film.

prove it.
It's been done. Frankly, you're acting the child. Either contribute to the forum or leave.

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jan 07, 2012, 02:41:52 PM
Thanks Valaquen, you got it. I would totally agree that Cameron's earlier forays into science fiction were grittier and a bit dangerous, to be sure. ALIENS holds a lot of mystery to it (I've never debated the mystery).
I was actually disheartened to hear that Cameron was continuing Avatar so suddenly. He had Battle Angel and a Hiroshima film on his plate, but alas.

Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on Jan 07, 2012, 03:00:17 PM
I think underlying problem is with Fox, as theyre the guys who finance these film, they wanted avatar to be pg13,
FOX only financed around 40% of Avatar (really!) and I think the rating was Cameron's aim. Avatar was called Project 880 before the title was announced, as they aimed to make a film that would encompass the 8-80 year old age gap. But yes, FOX should leave Ridley alone. This is ALIEN (oops, it isn't, but y'know!)

Wobblyboddle77

Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on Jan 07, 2012, 03:00:17 PM
I think underlying problem is with Fox, as theyre the guys who finance these film, they wanted avatar to be pg13,
FOX only financed around 40% of Avatar (really!) and I think the rating was Cameron's aim. Avatar was called Project 880 before the title was announced, as they aimed to make a film that would encompass the 8-80 year old age gap. But yes, FOX should leave Ridley alone. This is ALIEN (oops, it isn't, but y'know!)
[/quote]

Does anyone know how much of Prometheus fox is finanncing then? becuase i know Scott free productions have a hand in prometheus too, but in what context iam unsure, anyone got any ideas?

Valaquen

Very likely, they're financing all of it.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

prove it.

After the crap you gave me and now this...

I beginning to regret welcoming you to the thread, Mr. Know-it-all-know-nothing.

ThisBethesdaSea

A bit off topic but....and excuse my naïveté......is the poster we've seen just a teaser/one sheet do you all think?

Weezus Christ

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jan 07, 2012, 09:23:00 PM

prove it.

I beginning to regret welcoming you to the thread, Mr. Know-it-all-know-nothing.

the difference is that i posted ideas for consideration and i got a ton of "NO THATS WRONG" with little or nothing to back it up.

the best retort ive gotten was "the whole internet is wrong, this one book is right and thats proven!"

sorry if i seem rude, like i said im a bit impatient with useless rhetoric and valequer was right, i should probably leave because contributing here is indeed childish of me. i forgot how argumentative and righteous fanboys are.

enjoy your forum. good day!

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

well these reports are pretty useless without a source , and the Wiki comment seems to come from Beautiful Monsters which has an assortment of mistakes in it, but the writer of that book might have got it right and taken that comment from the Alien Quadrilogy documentary segment "Truckers In Space .>> casting" where John Hurt said was "I had been asked if I'd like to do Alien, but I had already committed to a South African film so that was dropped"

Wobblyboddle77

Quote from: Weezus Christ on Jan 07, 2012, 11:53:23 PM
Quote from: St_Eddie on Jan 07, 2012, 09:23:00 PM

prove it.

the difference is that i posted ideas for consideration and i got a ton of "NO THATS WRONG" with little or nothing to back it up.

the best retort ive gotten was "the whole internet is wrong, this one book is right and thats proven!"

sorry if i seem rude, like i said im a bit impatient with useless rhetoric and valequer was right, i should probably leave because contributing here is indeed childish of me. i forgot how argumentative and righteous fanboys are.

enjoy your forum. good day!
What's all this kicking of then? it's usually peaceful here, a few heated discussions but nothing too bad.

Alienseseses

Just read Alien Vault myself- someone was cast before Hurt but had to drop out for medical reasons

psychonaut25

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jan 08, 2012, 12:36:42 AM
Just read Alien Vault myself- someone was cast before Hurt but had to drop out for medical reasons

But if he took the role of Kane despite the illnes it could be more realistic(alien birth)....

Alienseseses

I don't have the book on me, so the details here might be wrong, but I think the original actor was a diabetic and had an emergency on set

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jan 08, 2012, 12:42:21 AM
I don't have the book on me, so the details here might be wrong, but I think the original actor was a diabetic and had an emergency on set

Yes, that was Jon Finch.

Wobblyboddle77

I just chucked the alien blu ray on, haven't watched it in a year selected 2003 directors cut. Does prometheus definately take in the zeta 2 reticuli system? If so on the blu ray menu some of the animation shows an illustration of the zeta 2 reticuli system and the planets surrounding it, i wonder if prometheus takes place on one of them?

SiL

Hurt was the first choice -- or at least, asked before Finch. Couldn't do it. They got Finch. He got sick, Hurt freed up.

Everybody's right. He was first choice and a late addition. The two aren't mutually exclusive concepts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed