Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus, Giger, Beginning of Man and Original Alien

Started by Darkoo, Dec 17, 2011, 02:26:48 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus, Giger, Beginning of Man and Original Alien (Read 105,164 times)

cmdcnqr

THANK GOD/and or Space Jockeys that there are no Xenomorphs! That rag has been rung dry, too dry. The classic alien has been reduced to a laughing stock after Alien 4, and those disgusting AVP films. Why would you want any more xenomorphs? To do what? Crawl on walls and chase people around? Too predictable. Sir Ridley the Grand Master is back and I'm sure he's going to surprise us with some new creatures, meaner and nastier than before!

Gash

Quote from: mastermoon on Dec 17, 2011, 05:20:23 PM
Ok Ridley Scott says that the film isn't directly related to Alien but at the end of the third act, He said you'll start to realise there's a DNA of the first alien but not of the subsequent aliens.

What does Ridley Scott mean anyway?.

I take that to mean there will be connections to questions set up in A  L  I  E  N (1979) ie, the mystery around the space jockey, but that subsequent alien films and the directions that they took will not be referenced in any way. Cool.

ThisBethesdaSea

It was never stated that Giger ONLY did murals, it was only pointed out that he did murals...and in terms of the Xenos.....keyword....ORIGINAL...who knows what's in store.

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 17, 2011, 05:18:44 PM
Excellent read thanks for that.

I hate to be the told you so guy but there you have it from the Horse mouth
Spoiler
Giger did not do a lot in the movie.
Been saying this for month and been called names for that. I understand those who wanted to wait for an official statement and stayed civil, the others "bite me fanboy" ^^ Maybe now some will be less eager to jump at my throat when i say something...
[close]

I wonder if those murals could be telling some sort of backstory...
Like the Egninneer story, his homeworld, how they colonizd planets, even maybe how Earth and Humans were created,

that was known well before you mentioned it. now either back up all your claims or give it a rest, youre becoming extremely irritating.

Engineer1

Engineer1

From day one Ridley made clear that no xeno will show its long face.
The new creatures will come from the same biotechnology, the same creator, so they will have something in common.
Design and lifecycle wise.

Ridely is not saying it's an ALIEN prequel because :
no xeno will appear.
no characters from ALIEN will appear.
no haunted house in space story.
It will not lead to the Derelict crash or take off of the Nostromo.
coz average moviegoer will probably not rush in the Theatres to see anything with ALIEN in the title.
It's a marketing move for a universe sidestory companion piece.
It's no more the story of the creature but of its creator.

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 17, 2011, 05:48:15 PM
RICH,
Spoiler
VA TE FAIRE ENCULER ^^
Told ya about Arthur max and what happened a while ago and i'm the fisrt and only one who said that.
You ve been busting my balls because of that since i've said it.
Now you're gonna say i'm not the one who said it?
WOW you really have no face LOL
When i will post the storyboard from the movie you will still find something to piss about and still have the nerve to call me a lier. So it's ok we get it, you don't like me now stop busting my balls.
I know now that you have no decency.
I will not bother to respond anymore to you attacks and enjoy the forums with my fellow fans.
[close]

From day one Ridley made clear that no xeno will show its long face.
The new creatures will come from the same biotechnology, the same creator, so they will have something in common.
Design and lifecycle wise.

Ridely is not saying it's an ALIEN prequel because :
no xeno will appear.
no characters from ALIEN will appear.
no haunted house in space story.
It will not lead to the Derelict crash or take off of the Nostromo.
coz average moviegoer will probably not rush in the Theatres to see anything with ALIEN in the title.
It's a marketing move for a universe sidestory companion piece.

as to your spoiler aimed at me, lets get something straight, i never said anything to you about gigers role so thats a total lie, i knew months before you even joined this site that giger was in a consulting role, and hes not been heavily involved in any alien movie since the first so it doesn't take a genius or insider knowledge to know he isn't as involved as he was in alien, i can point you to a thousand or more articles from february that mention gigers consulting role, BUT hes actually done designs... which disproves your nonsense as thats more than consulting.

heres one such article
http://www.slashfilm.com/ridley-scotts-prometheus-feature-giant-animatronic-alien/

so dont you tell me youre the one that informed me of gigers consulting role, its been known for a very long time.

i had a go at you for calling the mods liars about the trailer by saying it was fake, so you deserved what was said.

so far all youve done is make out you have some sort of insider knowledge by rambling about stuff thats already known, and proven nothing whatsoever.

if you have something to share then share it and back it up, either that or shut up because its becoming very annoying, and your attention seeking behaviour is like a school child.....

Valaquen

Addressing and insulting one another in spoiler tags is still not acceptable. Stop butting heads and keep on topic, if you want to battle one another, do it via PM and not on the boards.

BonesawT101

"Ridley Scott's sci-fi movie, currently going by the name Prometheus, is going to be a very large and intense story, with a scope that is epic, the final act is where the movie switches gears and shifts into Aliens territory. Pinewood houses an exact replica of the H R Giger Space Jockey command post. You may notice in the original Alien that the Space Jockey had a puncture on its considerably large chest, where the xenomorph broke out through the flesh of the creature and broke through the biomechanical armor it wears. You may also notice how big the Space Jockey is in relation to its human counter parts in the film. So imagine how big the baby must be, which is yet to grow. Then imagine quite a few of these. If you can do that, you got a pretty good grasp on the final act. And do not be expecting the traditional look either, these are very different creatures that will keep the general architecture of the xenomorph, but will have a considerably different look, and do very perverse things.
However, before all of this I hear that the story is not only reminiscent of 2001, but is also trying to push the boundaries of what a modern tent pole science fiction movie could be. This is all I can share, but trust me, you seriously need to start being excited about this project, because not only is this I am assured, not nostalgia for nostalgia reasons, but a whole new spin on that old chestnut.
The story is a very closely guarded secret in Hollywood, and while it is not a direct prequel "officially" it has more than just passing ties towards the Alien saga's canon. You will have all the things that worked in the Alien canon, and very new and fresh and some controversial ideas presented, sexuality is dealt with quite directly. There may even be a robot or two. And the ship, which I am told is the current titles name, Prometheus. Highly original, both in concept and design I hear."

The quote above I think is becoming more relevant as the release grows closer, particularly in relation to this interview with Ridley and  the one he done with Empire. This is a report from way back in april from market saw and alienprequelnews. anybody else think this particular report could be true?

Engineer1

Evrey Marketsaw reports are right on the money.
They were the first one to talk about a giant sculpture of a face.

BonesawT101

wasn't it sky who originally mentioned the giant head?

acidpits

The xeno is in Disneyland. I guess my Aliens vs Pooh avatar is kind of apt! Another great article, come on trailer!

Engineer1

Engineer1

Not sure about it, i think they did talked about a giant head piloting the ship but the accurate description of a giant bust of the Engineer (and also more description about who is the engineer) comes from Marketsaw.

EDIT
scratch that, looks like i mixed the leak you posted with the one from geek tyrant ^^ My bad
Spoiler
    I was speaking with a guy who is working on the set of prometheus and he showed me some pictures and told me a bout the storyline. The space jockey that you see in alien who has had his chest busted open is the guy who engineers the aliens. He sends the aliens to planet that he wants to take over. The aliens kill the locals and he flys in and pillages the land of its resources. It seems as though he is responsible for the aliens creation, i'm guessing that he is some kind of super scientist.

The engineer is played by some huge guy who is 8ft tall. He appears even bigger in the space jockey scene from Alien as he is wearing a space suit. He appears to have died in a seat that looks like it is some sort of weapon control, this is in fact the navigation system that the space ship uses to open worm holes and plot its course. Perhaps the aliens revolted and, knowing that he has been impregnated, he is desperately trying to return home to have the alien extricated?

He showed me some pictures from the set. There is a huge silver bust of the engineers head, it is approximately 15m high. It appears that the engineer is sort of leader of a civilisation and there is a cult around his personality and his alien creations, this is probably due to the fact that he has mastered the technology that continues to provide the resource requirements of his home world. I also saw a picture of the actor who plays the engineer in what appeared to be some sort of cryo-chamber.
[close]

But i've been following Marketsaw when they were leaking AVATAR news and i believe them to be rather serious.

LiquidMonster

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Dec 17, 2011, 03:16:05 PM
A xenomorph is in Disneyland!  :o

Yes there is. One of the attractions features it. At least when I went 
about 10 years ago.

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: LiquidMonster on Dec 17, 2011, 06:40:08 PM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Dec 17, 2011, 03:16:05 PM
A xenomorph is in Disneyland!  :o

Yes there is. One of the attractions features it. At least when I went 
about 10 years ago.

And it still is there.  Went there a 3 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiOr4CJhVFI#

Engineer1

Thanks for the vid.
I get the point Scott is trying to make about the xeno being in Disneyland but it's now a pop culture icon, you have toys, comics etc featuring its no more a terrifying creature.
I love the fact that he wants to push the envellope and scare peoples again.
But the Xeno is stiill a remarquable creation and it's gonna be tough to top that.
Btw this attraction looks cool ^^

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed