Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus, Giger, Beginning of Man and Original Alien

Started by Darkoo, Dec 17, 2011, 02:26:48 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus, Giger, Beginning of Man and Original Alien (Read 104,601 times)

Dogme

Ridley is quite clearly having a laugh at our expense :) I enjoyed that interview and the misinformation in it :)

higherprimate

God please don't let it  be a suit!!

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: m138jewski on Dec 17, 2011, 03:29:08 PM
So if the Jockey is just a suit, that negates that a chestburster busted through its ribs. Lame

Well, it might have burst out of the ribs of the little chap inside

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

On the contrary, I don't think there was any misinformation in it. The interview seemed very honest to me

tonton

Well now I definitely believe there's a bit of truth to those 'leaked' scripts about us being created by Gods.

Gash

Good read. Glad the the alien, as was, isn't part of it myself. Giger's involvement is frankly more than I'd expected, as the murals are presumably the puzzling message that starts the mystery.

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: higherprimate on Dec 17, 2011, 04:00:02 PM
God please don't let it  be a suit!!

this!. i wont be so bothered if its still a huge alien creature in some kind of space suit but im really hoping its not gonna be some normal sized human type being, i think i will be majorly disappointed....

thanks

rich

BonesawT101

hmmm At this point it is becoming increasingly clear that the Alien as we know it will not feature at all in Prometheus. Ridley has officially confirmed the original creature will not be in the new film. But will a new form of the Alien be present?

Snowdog

This was a great read 8) quite interesting

Engineer1

Engineer1

Excellent read thanks for that.

I hate to be the told you so guy but there you have it from the Horse mouth
Spoiler
Giger did not do a lot in the movie.
Been saying this for month and been called names for that. I understand those who wanted to wait for an official statement and stayed civil, the others "bite me fanboy" ^^ Maybe now some will be less eager to jump at my throat when i say something...
[close]

I wonder if those murals could be telling some sort of backstory...
Like the Egninneer story, his homeworld, how they colonizd planets, even maybe how Earth and Humans were created,

stroggificated

I'm so unhyped right now... -.-

mastermoon

Ok Ridley Scott says that the film isn't directly related to Alien but at the end of the third act, He said you'll start to realise there's a DNA of the first alien but not of the subsequent aliens.

What does Ridley Scott mean anyway?.

Valaquen

Ridley's been saying since last year the the original Alien WILL NOT appear, even when it was a bona fide, Lindelof-less Alien prequel. So no changes there. It's a Space Jockey movie. Some variant of the Alien may appear. Maybe. We'll see.

Come on. I don't care what Ridley, Riddler, says. It has ALIEN-DNA all over the place. The poster, the thing that is lying on the floor. The pods looking like ALIEN-eggs. It is an ALIEN movie.

mastermoon

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 17, 2011, 05:22:16 PM
Ridley's been saying since last year the the original Alien WILL NOT appear, even when it was a bona fide, Lindelof-less Alien prequel. So no changes there. It's a Space Jockey movie. Some variant of the Alien may appear. Maybe. We'll see.

So Ridley Scott is wanting this movie to have something to do with the Space Jockey rather then the Alien is this true?.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed