First Official Prometheus Poster

Started by Darkness, Dec 14, 2011, 07:01:45 PM

Author
First Official Prometheus Poster (Read 51,651 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

I have no doubt that Giger designed the creature we will see at some point.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Biomechanoid20 on Dec 15, 2011, 10:50:24 PM
Let us have more crazy poster analysis!

Brilliant! I see a girl with a torch! Amazing.

-Chris

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Dirty Harry on Dec 15, 2011, 03:27:29 PM
If there were any justice in this world, Giger would receive full power on the Alien creatures in this film.

No. Like any artist, he can get a bit ahead of himself. If his designs for 'Alien 3' had made it intact to the big screen, it would have been an even more WTF production than it already was - especially from a biological perspective.

Every artist, Giger included, needs direction, not complete and total control.

Otherwise, you get the Geroge Lucas effect.

QuoteThat head has nothing with Giger.

Neither was the Alien Queen, but she was designed beautifully and I've never read him say a bad word about it.

Let's wait and see.

Quote from: nendo on Dec 15, 2011, 01:23:21 PM
Its Cloverfield all over again

Hah! Yes... I was wondering what all of this stuff was reminding me of. :)

ThisBethesdaSea

Giger in fact praised the queen and felt like it was his own in a way because it came from his design. What I would like to see is a Giger designed queen.

psychonaut25

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 15, 2011, 11:11:49 PM
Giger in fact praised the queen and felt like it was his own in a way because it came from his design. What I would like to see is a Giger designed queen.

..or this time "redesigned" alien..according to Ridley Scott.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 15, 2011, 11:09:44 PMLike any artist, he can get a bit ahead of himself.

Yes he is very eccentric and needs to be used in the right way I think. Ridley talks about how he had to constantly pull Giger back to that one alien design that he wanted, even though Giger insisted that it needed to be re-designed. If he had been allowed to re-design it who knows, it might have been even scarier.

-Chris

ThisBethesdaSea

LatinoReview just tweeted me back telling me that the trailer for Prometheus seemed more like 2 minutes.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

That can't be.  The trailer was classed as being only 1 minute long...

Maybe they've decided to release the other version?  The one where we saw a brief segment of it...

MemphisRains

Quote from: JaaayDee on Dec 16, 2011, 12:56:12 AM

Maybe they've decided to release the other version?  The one where we saw a brief segment of it...

I don't think so. If trailer was 2 min long, we would see this changes on site. ;) 

Gash

Gash

If you're being bombarded with imagery, one minute might well feel like two, it's a condensed version of why action films appear to go on too long. Perfect for trailers though.

ThisBethesdaSea

We don't know how many trailers have been cut for promotional use. The initial teaser could easily around 2 minutes, with TV spot versions clocking in at a minute, etc... Just wild speculation of course ;)

atlantis

atlantis

The most beautiful part of it still is
Maybe its just a optical illiusion like the face on mars...
And you only can see that face from a certain point of view...
And its in fact just a weird formation of rocks...
Sounds incredible...But i hope it is....

Never say no to Panda!

I don't think this is the way it is done  ;D

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 16, 2011, 12:42:59 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 15, 2011, 11:09:44 PMLike any artist, he can get a bit ahead of himself.

Yes he is very eccentric and needs to be used in the right way I think. Ridley talks about how he had to constantly pull Giger back to that one alien design that he wanted, even though Giger insisted that it needed to be re-designed. If he had been allowed to re-design it who knows, it might have been even scarier.

-Chris

Yep, if Giger wasnt direct by Ridley, the facehugger would look like a weird lobster:

Or even worst, the chestburster would be a crazy featherless chicken:

LiquidMonster

Quote from: Biomechanoid20 on Dec 15, 2011, 10:50:24 PM
Let us have more crazy poster analysis!

That is glorious!!  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed