Fox CEO Tom Rothman talks Prometheus trailer leak

Started by Darkoo, Nov 30, 2011, 09:24:15 PM

Author
Fox CEO Tom Rothman talks Prometheus trailer leak (Read 22,577 times)

Valaquen

Quote from: Tough little S.O.B. on Dec 01, 2011, 03:32:17 AM
Quote from: m138jewski on Dec 01, 2011, 02:43:41 AM
of course he has dollar signs in his eyes. you think that greedy piece of shit cares about the integrity of the alien story, or about pleasing the legions of alien fans? hell no, he care about filling his pockets

He is a CEO of FOX. That´s his job. Sure he can ruin lot´s of movies, but I´m not so sure that he can ruin whatever Riddley want to do. I mean, If riddley don´t want, this guy its not going to ruin anything, what i am more afraid is that Riddley ruins it by himself....
I'm pretty sure Rothman and co butchered Kingdom of Heaven's theatrical release. Though I don't bet on Prometheus being about 200 minutes long, so I can't see it getting it getting torn to shreds in the editing bay.

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: Snowdog on Dec 01, 2011, 11:51:19 AM
... Look how they screwed over giger and fincher in alien3 (still love the movie though). Not even starting about avp and avp-r. If they gave Anderson a little bit more money and freedom (i know a lot of people won't agree with me on this) it could've been a lot better.

I hope, Fox men have got their lesson with A^3 and other closely supervised flicks to give R. Scott more freedom fot directing Prometheus.

And now I'm realy getting scared by the phrase:

Quote"I'll tell you the great thing: It's way bigger than that. The ideas are way bigger, way more original and — it's a scary word — way more profound."

in a sense that sometimes their "profound idea" is determined not by its quality, but by the quantity of times it's voiced over on screen. My other hope is that Scott would find the more refined way to transfer that profound concept to the viewer, whatever would it be. 200 min is a whole lot of a screen time!

The Xenoborg

QuoteIf they gave Anderson a little bit more money and freedom (i know a lot of people won't agree with me on this) it could've been a lot better.
Agreed. :)

Tom Rothman seems evil.

St_Eddie

Boohoo.  The suit is heartbroken.  :'(

Still, I'm sure he can mop those tears up with his 100 dollar bills.

Engineer1

Quote from: St_Eddie on Dec 01, 2011, 11:39:14 PM
Boohoo.  The suit is heartbroken.  :'(

Still, I'm sure he can mop those tears up with his 100 dollar bills.

;D ;D ;D

Wobblyboddle77

If only Rothman was on twitter or facebook lol, we could ask him why pg 13 (we know the answer $$$$$$$£££££££) but it would be great just to say our bit each or as a collective to the bloke and put the evidence that his previous decisions have ruined movie franchises, and why dosen't fox listen and  just release it  as an R/18 and see for it/himself, not that he would listen but atleast we get to put our argument forward, there again we can all dream on i suppose lol,

ThisBethesdaSea

At this point...with all of movie internetdom orgasmic about Prometheus, I'm betting it'll be released with an R. I'd put money on that assumption.

Wobblyboddle77

I hope so too buddy, i just want to see prometheus explore the deepest and darkest parts of our imagination, and whatever uncivilised things these new aliens do, really delivers a visual impact that is very shocking for us to watch but also drags us in with it's brutality.

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: The Xenoborg on Dec 01, 2011, 11:35:27 PM
QuoteIf they gave Anderson a little bit more money and freedom (i know a lot of people won't agree with me on this) it could've been a lot better.
Agreed. :)

Tom Rothman seems evil.

Anderson has an excelent taste for women. Not for Cinema...

Wobblyboddle77

The problems with  the a v p movies were Rothman for hiring directors like Anderson and the Strause brothers, mainly because Anderson is a 'yes' man like Brett Ratner and the Strause brothers, and does what the studios want, Rothman pulls the strings. Then we get directors like Fincher ,Scott and Cameron who are not afraid to fight the studios but the final product suffers i.e. Alien 3, Kingdom of heaven and The Abyss because the theatrical cut gets butchered because the C.E.O gets the final say. Setting the a v p movies on earth was a mistake from the outset, they should have stuck with the comics and set it on another planet, if done right it could have been filmed using a relatively low to moderate budget too. These people destroy great franchises then have the audacity, to ask Scott deliver yet another film at pg-13 from a franchise that is predominantly aimed at older audiences. So when Rothman gets upset about a trailer leaking i think ' now you know what it feels like to get screwed over'. I wouldn't put it past him to hire Uwe Boll to direct if and when they do another alien movie. Let's hope he see's sense with prometheus and gives us what we want, but with Rothman leopards and spots spring to mind.

ThisBethesdaSea

I want some one to start a Facebook petition group to lobby Rothman and Fox to give Prometheus an R rating.

Wobblyboddle77

Thats a great idea we should do it as a collective everyone here muck in together get some ideas and think of ways we can get scott and rothmans attention, even camerons to give rothman a boot up the backside and let prometheus be seen the way we want it to. Just get as much clout behind us as possible. besides great minds thinkalike  :laugh:

ThisBethesdaSea

If we get enough people interested I can start a petition and we can go post the link on the official Facebook Prometheus page?

Ruzena

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 03, 2011, 06:11:37 AM
If we get enough people interested I can start a petition and we can go post the link on the official Facebook Prometheus page?

I am definetly for it ;]

St_Eddie

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 03, 2011, 02:19:07 AM
I want some one to start a Facebook petition group to lobby Rothman and Fox to give Prometheus an R rating.

Petitions almost never get results with large corporations I'm afraid but they are a way to have your opinion heard, so we may as well start one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed