Fox CEO Tom Rothman talks Prometheus trailer leak

Started by Darkoo, Nov 30, 2011, 09:24:15 PM

Author
Fox CEO Tom Rothman talks Prometheus trailer leak (Read 22,846 times)

Darkoo

'Prometheus' Trailer Leak 'Heartbreakingly Unfair'
'When that material is ready and it comes out, you should go see it in 3-D,' Fox Filmed Entertainment CEO Tom Rothman tells MTV News.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1675151/prometheus-trailer-leak.jhtml

x-M-x

gooner_no1

'The Fox exec did, however, guarantee that the film will make a splash once it sees a proper release. "I will promise you this: When that material is ready and it comes out, you should go see it in 3-D on a screen. It will deliver."'

The next 3D release in cinemas is Hugo, and there's no way there'll be a trailer of this nature before a kids film.

The only one I can see in December which is a) in the same genre b) in 3D and c) distributed by 20th Century Fox is The Darkest Hour on December 25th. And it's also written by Jon Spaihts - although I expect that's just a happy coincidence.

You can bet your bottom dollar that's when it will appear.

Darkoo

QuoteEven though the secrets of the trailer are out, that still leaves many questions to be answered, namely where "Prometheus" fits in the "Alien" universe. While certainly connected, claims that "Prometheus" acts as a prequel have been shot down by almost everyone involved with the project.

Rothman made the same denial, even going so far as to place his hand over his heart. When pressed to explain how "Prometheus" could share continuity with "Alien" and take place before the events of that film but still not qualify as a prequel, Rothman offered up his explanation.

"I suppose if you want to definitionally be that literal, but it does it a great disservice. I will tell you, here's the way to think about it. If you looked at the whole movie, 95 percent of it is entirely unto itself," Rothman said. "Ridley said it right: If you're a fan and you look closely, you'll spot strands of DNA."

For him, "Prometheus" ends up being about so much more than continuity. "I'll tell you the great thing: It's way bigger than that. The ideas are way bigger, way more original and — it's a scary word — way more profound."
8)

tonton

He's so weird. :laugh:

I'm ultra excited though.

ThisBethesdaSea

Why is it unfair?

eyesofthedemon

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Nov 30, 2011, 09:48:39 PM
Why is it unfair?

Because no artist wants people to see an unfinished blurry peek at their work i suppose,they want people to see it as they intended

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Nov 30, 2011, 09:48:39 PM
Why is it unfair?

probably because they were hoping people would see the best version of the trailer they could possibly see in full 3D so they would spread word of mouth of how good it and the 3D is rather than have people ramble about poor quality video.

all this nonsense about viral marketing that people keep mentioning is delusional, companies may leak stuff but never in that way.

and sometimes they will go to the extent of paying people to create ufo hoaxes to get people talking "as was done with skyline" but never leak a poor quality clip of something.

thanks

rich

ThisBethesdaSea

Obviously with the response of the online community, clearly everyone is excited. I think they should go ahead and just release the trailer sooner rather then later,to dispell any nonexistent fears among fans that this film won't deliver.

eyesofthedemon

Looks like i will have to go watch some movie i dont want to see to see this trailer,how long after its released in a Cinema do they normally hit the net?.officially that is ?

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Usually it's a mirrored release online and in theaters.

Curious however...I can't tell what Rothman is talking about when he says "when the material is ready for release" ? Is he talking about a finished trailer or the film itself?

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Nov 30, 2011, 10:12:13 PM

Curious however...I can't tell what Rothman is talking about when he says "when the material is ready for release" ? Is he talking about a finished trailer or the film itself?
probably the trailer, the one weve seen is just what is given to focus groups etc to gauge their reactions, there maybe a couple of different versions of it and we may get something totally different to what we have seen....

thanks

rich

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I might see The Darkest Hour on X-mas, so I hope the trailer in 3D will be awesome. It looks like they won't be showing the trailer with Alvin and the Chipmunks 3 (I was having a feeling that they would).

Michael Harper

Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Nov 30, 2011, 10:18:42 PM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Nov 30, 2011, 10:12:13 PM

probably the trailer, the one weve seen is just what is given to focus groups etc to gauge their reactions, there maybe a couple of different versions of it and we may get something totally different to what we have seen....

thanks

rich

We may get one that combines both trailers - making it super-dooper-awesome! :D

4ridley

4ridley

REMEMBER! The Darkest Hour is the brainchild of Jon Spaights! The Co-writer and early script manifesto of Prometheus... That'll be our best bet... Hopefully they won't pull any special plugs since the figurative "Cat" is out of the bag... (Or out of the Nostromo!) :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed