Exclusive: New Prometheus Trailer Description!

Started by ikarop, Nov 26, 2011, 02:01:37 AM

Author
Exclusive: New Prometheus Trailer Description! (Read 41,499 times)

Engineer1

Engineer1

But less obvious xeno head.

BonesawT101

hmmm hard too imagine those images without the familiar 'Alien' face/head. how do know engineer1?

Engineer1

I don't know for sure but from the leaks and what Carlos huante hinted in one of his classes that what i tought about.

BonesawT101

what exactly did carlos huante say? his work is very interesting, I remember looking at quite a lot of his work while at uni studying fine art.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: JaaayDee on Nov 26, 2011, 03:01:28 AM
Was the tone of the footage noticeably darker than the EW stills released?

It's of extremely murky quality, unfortunately. You really can't make out much in the way of actual details. If a version of it is released, officially, it'll be of higher quality.

QuoteAlso, was the music a carbon copy of the version used in the teaser trailer for Inception or was it slightly altered?  Also, do you think this trailer holds a candle to the original trailer for Alien?

It's quite 'Inception'-like juxtopositioned against the spooky atmospheric sounds from the first film's advert - together, they eventually end up forming this rhythmic, "BAHHH! Vwoooooh... BAHHH! Vwoooooh... BAHHH! Vwoooooh... BAHHH! Vwoooooh... BAHHH! Vwoooooh..." It's strangely effective.

I should also point out that there are some interesting little attempts at homeage in the audio style of it. When it starts off, you hear this weird 'tinkling of violin strings' sound, which you heard on the original film when the letters of the title came up. Then the music starts kicking in. And also, when you hear the female voice saying she was wrong, it's done in the style of a radio transmission (all while the Fox logo unfolds through distorted image static). That part reminded me a little of Ripley's radio transmission - except with far more urgency and panic.

The way the title forms is also a direct copy of the original's.

Quote from: Engineer1 on Nov 26, 2011, 03:22:07 AM
There's a shot in the sdcc leak that shows where thenavigational chair comes from can you tell me wich one?
If you've seen one of the trailers (3 versions are in circulation for now) you should know what i mean.
;)

It's about a second long. Difficult to see anything, aside from it rising.

Quote from: JaaayDee on Nov 26, 2011, 03:46:12 AM
how was the cgi work so far?  And was that hologram thing in the Prometheus or jockey ship?

There's nothing you can really know for sure is CGI. The quality's too bad for that. It could just as easily been some sort of other alien weirdness as a hologram, to my mind.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 26, 2011, 04:04:08 AM
I wouldn't worry. I think it was actually the Derelict in flight, looks like it maybe debris from an explosion rather than shooting missles.

That's my feeling. The guy's just running out of the path of debris. It looks like they're parts from the ship which suffers a detonation in the atmosphere (don't see it get hit - could have been an accident) as it impacts the ground.

Don't know if the flying ship was the derelict - seemed different.

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Nov 26, 2011, 05:02:18 AM
Are any concerns about the space suits, etc.... abated after watching the trailer?

You really can't tell. If watching it because you're wondering about that, you'll still be undecided. The parts in the derelict look very authentic.

Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on Nov 26, 2011, 05:15:55 AM
Did the trailer give the vibe the film would be a pg13 or R rating?  just your opinion would do thanks

No way to tell what the certificate would be, but the mood it's going for is one of atmosphere and mystery, with a definite 'here be dragons' understone. There's an interesting shot of a woman from behind, pulling back from her standing in a part of her ship which seems like the Nostromo interiors in style and she simply drops to her knees. Not because of being attacked (unless it's a delayed poison). Got the impression that it's out of despair and a 'be careful what you wish for' moral.

The actual messages aren't narrated. They come up as words on screen. It's sort of like a film advert version of the 'Alien 3' credits, in so far as you get these very different shots interspersed with one another, interrupted by the text, building up momentum.

But that doesn't mean to say it's the direction of the film! It was probably edited together by completely different people.

All we can say with any certainty is that it's aiming for a futuristic Lovecraftian style. Has a mature tone.

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Nov 26, 2011, 06:55:09 AM
It sounds awesome! I like how they seem to have used the music from the original Alien trailer. intrigued by the black/grey serpent. Can't wait to see the trailer, wish 20th century fox would release it to the public. would you say it looks like it's definitely a part of the franchise?

Yes, feels very much so. But, again, the actual product might feel completely different. Jockey ship/facility is most certainly there, as is the famous chair. Also see flamethrowers used (but in a casual way, like they're being tested). The strangest thing is seeing it on the ground with the twin prongs pointing at the sky. It's literally forming a 'U'-shape on the ground.

Quote from: Space Disc Jockey on Nov 26, 2011, 07:35:24 AM
Anyway, I was wondering if you believe you saw any Space Jockey creatures in the trailer and also, do you think the serpent thing was a chestburster\stomachburster? You didn't see a facehugger or an egg, right? Thought you heard a facehugger?

There was absolutely no way to know! Believe me, I tried!

I disagree about hearing a facehugger sound. It seemed more like sudden violin music.

Something definitely goes on somebody's face, but the shot cuts immediately to something else. For all you can make out, it might end up being a red herring during the actual film. All you see is basically hands reaching up very quickly to face.

There could be a tail, but it's extremely hard to tell - it could also have been a large splash of liquid.

It's more fair to say that you get to see instances of sporadic movement than anything which definitely resembles a living creature. If there are any, they hide them well.

There is something which looks facehugger/chesburster-sized, which appears to leap up into the ceiling, but... It looks like something different. Different, but alive.

Someone's abdomen definitely inflates very fast. No way to tell if it's the product of something quickly growing or suddenly moving down from the chest cavity. Could always be part of a dream sequence.

Valaquen

Rather exciting news :)

T Dog

T Dog

Hi guys, here is more of a general question if you would?

Is the trailer in the vein of modern trailers in that it is most likely highly spoilery and goes well into the third act of the movie? Rise of the Planet of the Apes goes deep into the third act and essentially spoils moments.

Is it to be avoided?

Vulhala

Vulhala

I don't think so personally. There are some very quick cuts, practically no dialogue.

T Dog

T Dog

Thanks.
I obviously won't be able to resist the first trailer but I know that there will have to be a line.

The Predators' campaign was ridiculous. From giving full bios of characters (which I didn't read) to showing multiple characters being killed in the trailers to showing some give scope shots. Then again Predators' was very very short on new ideas.

Engineer1

Engineer1

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Nov 26, 2011, 02:04:50 PM
what exactly did carlos huante say? his work is very interesting, I remember looking at quite a lot of his work while at uni studying fine art.

Dont know exactly what he said, a friend took the class online.
He talked about Adam and Eve's "monster".

Something like this maybe...

T Dog

T Dog

When Ridley was talking about his 2 ALien Prequel scripts he also talked about how he was doing underwater research.
It would be pretty cool if there was a dive in this film at some point.

MrSpaceJockey

I don't think there is anymore of a need to continue replying back to Engineer1's post, since he's already taken it back.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Engineer1 on Nov 26, 2011, 03:47:55 PM
Quote from: BonesawT101 on Nov 26, 2011, 02:04:50 PM

Dont know exactly what he said, a friend took the class online.
He talked about Adam and Eve's "monster".

Something like this maybe...

Hmmmmmm, I wonder will we be seeing the Snake In The Garden metaphor.

The basic idea in Von Daniken's theories is to take mythical and religious ideas and to apply them to future technology and physical ideas. To take out the holy and spirituality and look at things from a scientific angle. So I'm wondering if there will be multiple religious/mythical ideas brought to life in a physical way in Prometheus.

Snowdog

Snowdog

I can't wait to see the trailer ::)
Hope this description is legit because that would be really awesome ;D

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Snowdog on Nov 26, 2011, 06:03:08 PM
I can't wait to see the trailer ::)
Hope this description is legit because that would be really awesome ;D

I don't know why people don't believe us, the description is legit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed