Possible Prometheus Trailer Footage

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 21, 2011, 12:44:06 AM

Author
Possible Prometheus Trailer Footage (Read 55,256 times)

Ruzena

Ruzena

I was going through the footage again and again, please look at this only if you can play it frame by frame and behold for yourself ;]

I probably catched a glimpse of something very nasty, Red stroke is around face of someone being  harrassed in some unearthly manner, Tan stroke is around weird thing, if you play the part frame by frame you notice pain in the face, hes opening mouth and the thing is just bubbling. Its posible major spoiler so who wants check it out ;]

And don't throw rocks at me if you think that its something else ;] I am peaceful and I make mistakes ;]

Spoiler
[close]

Deuterium

Quote from: Eldritch on Nov 22, 2011, 07:29:30 AM
Quote from: deuterium on Nov 22, 2011, 05:43:42 AM
And what is it with flamethrowers (KILL IT WITH FIRE) anyway?  I realize the original film may have started this trope.  However, it would seem to me that if we have advanced enough to build and fly interstellar spacecraft...there might be a lot more impressive, advanced hand-held weaponary then a friggin' flame thrower.  How about electro-magnetic rail guns, or particle beam weapons, or heck -- man portable high powered masers or even x-ray lasers.  Don't get me wrong, I realize why they use flame units in a film.  Flamethrowers are visually sexy.  And, a flamethrower kind of made sense in Alien, as the crew already knew about the creature's prediliction for bleeding acid.  But they make absolutely no sense as a weapon that may have to be used in an enclosed environment (e.g. a spacecraft)...and may be of questionable efficacy on a planet with a reducing atmosphere (little or no atmospheric oxygen).  Conversely, they might be disastrous in an environment which has an atmosphere with O2 content greater then 20%.

In the first movie, the flamethrowers were the only things besides the cattleprods that they could muster. The Nostromo was not a warship, it was a freighter/tow ship. Not sure about the ship the humans use in Prometheus. However, using any kind of bullet weapon inside a space ship is a BAD idea since the slightest hole will cause depressurization and everyone will be sucked into space (the ending of Alien Resurrection was quite spot on in this actually). Energy weapons would look EXTREMELY silly... like something out of Star Trek or Star Wars.. let's not go there ;) I think that having a minimalistic amount of weapons will keep the suspence up.

Actually, Eldritch...not meaning to split hairs...but the scene in which the Newborn alien was sucked out through a tiny whole in the spaceship's window is completely and utterly rubbish, scientifically speaking.  There is no way that would happen.  Yes, the compartment would have depressurized, but the hole wasn't large enough to create the force required to move a 500+ pound creature up against the glass.  And even if the Newborn was already up right against the window, it's body would have sealed the hole.  There just is not enough pressure differential between the compartment and vacuum.  At seal level, the absolute pressure differential is 14.7 psiA versus zero (vacuum).  In reality, spacecraft typically pressurize to 10 psiA, so it is even lower.  The hole would have caused a loud hissing sound, a MINOR breeze, but would not have moved anything massing over a few kilograms.

Actually, the Newborn would have made a nice temporary patch, if it decided to put its back up against the hole, and just stand there.  And no, it wouldn't have gotten progressively (and gruesomely) sucked out through that little hole.  This was a movie, but movies often contain bad science.

chupacabras acheronsis

what happened is that the newborn had a very bad skin and the force was enough to tear it open, and the acid blood did the rest.

Deuterium

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Nov 23, 2011, 06:54:19 AM
what happened is that the newborn had a very bad skin and the force was enough to tear it open, and the acid blood did the rest.

Not sure if your post was a bit tongue in cheek.  However, assuming it was serious, even if the Newborn's skin was fragile, it would only take a bit of "flesh" or cartilage/tissue to plug up the hole.  In the movie, the entire creature is liquified as it is sucked through the little hole...and that is not scientifically plausible.  Note that the hole didn't get any bigger even after the creature has been completely sucked through (internal organs, skeleton, and all).

In reality, a hard cover book would have been enough to plug up the hole, with any additional leaking stopped by using a sealant around it's perimeter.

sdb5057

sdb5057

I am going over the trailer footage, and RIGHT after the part where CT is running in the hallway, you see what appears to be a fast shot of a lighted spot with a creature running through it between shadows. You actually see it run in and out of the light, with what appears to be an open mouth. The creature looks pink and has a mouth that opens while skirting across the fixed lighted shot.

Take a look!
Spoiler

[close]

It kind of matches the second "alien" looking grey thing later on right before the scene with the guy jumping off the SJ ship.

Judging this image, I think it might be a mid-life-staged alien! Possibly the FIRST to exist! Possibly just a NORMAL creature that populates the SJ HW?

Ruzena

Ruzena

Look again at the footage, there is side view of human head, and the bubbling thing is some sorta greyish blob, the opening mout is the human face in pain. The face can be clearly seen in the left mid part of the screen, the body is held by the blob.

Engineer1

Engineer1

No it's venom.

Vulhala

Not that I completely disagree with all you're saying deut, but the hole definitely does get bigger as the scene progresses.

Eldritch

Eldritch

Congrats, you found Waldo *clap clap*

nendo

nendo

Quote from: sdb5057 on Nov 23, 2011, 12:03:23 PM
I am going over the trailer footage, and RIGHT after the part where CT is running in the hallway, you see what appears to be a fast shot of a lighted spot with a creature running through it between shadows. You actually see it run in and out of the light, with what appears to be an open mouth. The creature looks pink and has a mouth that opens while skirting across the fixed lighted shot.

Take a look!
Spoiler

[close]

It kind of matches the second "alien" looking grey thing later on right before the scene with the guy jumping off the SJ ship.

Judging this image, I think it might be a mid-life-staged alien! Possibly the FIRST to exist! Possibly just a NORMAL creature that populates the SJ HW?

to be honest it looks like the nose and top eye ridge of a human face. the light just above it being the top light from there space suits

The middle images shows the face rotating from the right side of the screen to the left.The face in the last image is looking towards the left of the screen.

T Dog

T Dog

I know everyone here is pretty hardcore. You know, to be going out of there way to directly post on an Alien forum about a new movie coming out.

Having said that, people are f**king nuts looking for things in SOME of those frames in the leaked video. It's a blurry, lo res, dark video. It's like Loch Ness monster or Big Foot footage or "hmmmmm if you look at this part of the forest..............hmmmmmm that bush looks like an alien's face" (in regards alien/ufo conspiracy stuff, not ALIEN stuff).

You won't be able to tell for definite what's what until you get a proper quality video.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Take a look!
Spoiler

[close]

Topics merged. Try and keep the footage discussions here so the board doesn't become flooded with topics concerning hazy blobs.

Eldritch

Eldritch

Quote from: tmjhur on Nov 23, 2011, 02:13:55 PM
I know everyone here is pretty hardcore. You know, to be going out of there way to directly post on an Alien forum about a new movie coming out.

Having said that, people are f**king nuts looking for things in SOME of those frames in the leaked video. It's a blurry, lo res, dark video. It's like Loch Ness monster or Big Foot footage or "hmmmmm if you look at this part of the forest..............hmmmmmm that bush looks like an alien's face" (in regards alien/ufo conspiracy stuff, not ALIEN stuff).

You won't be able to tell for definite what's what until you get a proper quality video.

Amen to that!

The only thing we can definitely say from the trailer is that someone will run through a corridor, and someone will jump over a crevasse. The rest is just too bad to be interpretable. However, speculating is always fun :)

sdb5057

sdb5057

Quote from: nendo on Nov 23, 2011, 02:08:13 PM

Take a look!
Spoiler

[close]

to be honest it looks like the nose and top eye ridge of a human face. the light just above it being the top light from there space suits

The middle images shows the face rotating from the right side of the screen to the left.The face in the last image is looking towards the left of the screen.

Looks like a chestburster to me. I've never seen anyone split their face like that..

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

For those who maybe missed it, couldn't capture it at the time or just wanna see online again....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiXHrMnWxio#

Credit goes to 08400ancelme for the post.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed