Ridley Scott talks Prometheus

Started by Darkoo, Nov 07, 2011, 07:01:23 AM

Author
Ridley Scott talks Prometheus (Read 35,333 times)

Gigerapparition

I think it will all end with an early form of the 'Facehugger' - the proverbial chicken before the egg.
If so, I hope it will be one of the sluggish Giger ones as in his original designs and not the films.

Engineer1

Engineer1

Quote from: nendo link
But how can an android be of higher being than Humans? If anything they are lower. Just because hes an android doesn't make him a higher being than us

A being that his faster, stronger and probably more intelligent than any human is in my mind a higher being.
Also his judgement and actions are not clouded by emotion and if he start to think on it's own then we are in trouble.
The creation becoming more powerful than its creator and taking over him as the next step in evolution is a recurent theme in scifi especially with artificial humans. If the replicants did not have a expiration date, they would definitly be the ruling class.
It fits the Prometheus myth and what we know of the movie so far perfectly.

dallevalle

dallevalle

im tired of stuff we already know.... give us a damn trailer ...

Michael Harper

Quote from: dallevalle on Nov 08, 2011, 08:28:28 PM
im tired of stuff we already know.... give us a damn trailer ...

Indeed! Just a teaser trailer for now! Just something!

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Nov 07, 2011, 09:07:46 PM
So, DNA is scriptwriter's speak generally means "core ideas"

Always has been. It's never been referenced in any quotes to infer literal genetics. Always in reference to the DNA (in other words, structure and story formula) of the original film.

And I suspect that any creatures we end up seeing will essentially be based on a concept shown in another of Giger's films; 'Species'. The genetically 'untainted' and relatively pure stock of Alien creature, before successive generations genetically adapt to host DNA assimilation.

It's the only way he'll realistically be able to achieve what he's talked about wanting to do, ever since his first DVD commentary about the original film: Redesign the same creature's look.

Engineer1

Engineer1

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 08, 2011, 09:59:44 PM
Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Nov 07, 2011, 09:07:46 PM
So, DNA is scriptwriter's speak generally means "core ideas"

Always has been. It's never been referenced in any quotes to infer literal genetics. Always in reference to the DNA (in other words, structure and story formula) of the original film.

Well i don't see how DNA cannot come into play in a movie that deals with godlike creatures that engineers worlds and creatures...

ThisBethesdaSea

the term DNA as used by Ridley Scott is metaphoric...get it? DNA means "elements of" or "traces of" or "beginnings of"

case closed.

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Nov 08, 2011, 11:10:42 PM
the term DNA as used by Ridley Scott is metaphoric...get it? DNA means "elements of" or "traces of" or "beginnings of"

case closed.

You mean like...DNA?

predxeno

predxeno

Does anyone remember when Ridley said they'd be revealing more Prometheus media and info?  Wasn't it supposed to be around now?

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Lindelof said late in the fall so we might be getting something around the end of November.

Engineer1

Engineer1

case closed.

OOOOH So you know that for a fact?
You've seen or read Prometheus?
Or even better you are Sir Scott!
How do the Engineers create life? Magic?

I don't close any option.
But it's definitly not ONLY metaphoric talking.
Why cant it be both especially when all the infos tend to prove that bio engineering is at the core of the movie.

Glaive

Glaive

Do you reckon there's going to be some viral-thing or ARG?

Quote from: Engineer1 on Nov 08, 2011, 11:24:06 PM

case closed.

OOOOH So you know that for a fact?
You've seen or read Prometheus?
Or even better you are Sir Scott!

I don't close any option.
But it's definitly not ONLY metaphoric talking.
How do the engineers create life? Magic?

Chill.

Engineer1

Engineer1

Chill?
Why? Do i look hot to you? ;)

I don't like the "case closed" thingie.
It sounds a lot like STFU.
Don't discuss this or that.

What's the DNA thingie's not a fact yet.
Both theories are still valid.
I tend to believe that it will be actual DNA because of what the movie is about.
And also because it works with the most accurate leak ie the marketsaw leak that said that in the final act the movie drift into ALIEN territory with creatures hunting down humans in a spaceship.
DNA of the the ALIEN spirit, and also actual DNA of the creatures.
BOTH!

I rest my case.
The jury is in.
The verdict is :

I'm right and you're wrong.

Case closed.

Definitly Fun! We'lla have to do it again sometime ;D ;D ;D

Glaive

Glaive

"All Good Things To Those Who WAIT..."

Like...'I TOLD you so!!!', if that's your beef.

...revenge...cold...etc...

Ash 937

Ash 937

I think that the DNA that Ridley is talking about is the same sort of stuff that fans of Star Wars saw with The Phantom Menace and the other two films in the new trilogy.  Even though they were introduced to an almost entirely new cast of characters, there were still instances when we got cameos from Jabba, Chewbaca, and The Death Star (as a blueprint only). 

Prometheus will be its own film but we might be able to catch a glimpse of a the Nostromo at the end of the movie.  We might get to see Ash get his original orders to "bring back the life form" as a top priority in his mission.  We may even get to see how the Space Jockey in the original film got that gapping hole in his chest (something that I always wondered about but could never quite figure out). 

Anyways, that's what I think Ridley means by Alien DNA.  We will simply get visual references to the first movie in glorious 3D to reinforce the notion that this movie takes place in the same universe.  Otherwise, without these references, that fact might go over some of our heads.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed