Ridley Scott talks Prometheus

Started by Darkoo, Nov 07, 2011, 07:01:23 AM

Author
Ridley Scott talks Prometheus (Read 35,324 times)

Inverse Effect

It'll end up being a CG fest i bet.

Space Sweeper

After Ridley just said that there would be a heavy use of it? No way.

T Dog

T Dog

After a speculation I just read on Collider I now wonder if the Space Jockey is the Monarch of the "Uncivilised Society".
The God of Gods.

Michael Harper

I'm happy that there is starting to be some talk about Prometheus now. Hopefully we'll get a few more Official Stills and a Teaser Trailer - possibly even the Website will go live with some atmospheric music. We're also due to know who will score this film. That seems to have been kept very secret (unless a composer has yet to be hired).

It's a good thing also that the last eight minutes have the "DNA" for Alien. Obviously, I'm a fan of Alien, and I'm happy that Prometheus is a part of that world - but I'm especially glad that this won't be a gimmick, and won't be nods to Alien every five minutes just for the sake of it. This is it's own film! That can also be viewed as a prequel to Alien.

(And just a little note to conclude: I hope my local cinema; FACT, will play both Prometheus and Alien back-to-back on release night. That'd be a mighty fine experience to see in the cinema! :D)

predxeno

predxeno

It appears that Ridley is still sticking to the "Prometheus is not an Alien Prequel" concept.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: Michael Harper on Nov 07, 2011, 04:54:59 PM

(And just a little note to conclude: I hope my local cinema; FACT,

Is that FACT in liverpool?

Michael Harper

Quote from: Gazz on Nov 07, 2011, 05:02:06 PM
Quote from: Michael Harper on Nov 07, 2011, 04:54:59 PM

(And just a little note to conclude: I hope my local cinema; FACT,

Is that FACT in liverpool?

That is FACT in Liverpool, yeah!

ikarop

ikarop

Several months ago someone very close to production shared some tiny bits with me. I've been unable to confirm any of the info posted below since then but since some 'familiar' bits are mentioned in this new interview. Here it goes for anyone interested:

Spoiler

• Ridley showed the creature designs to Giger. But he has had no known involvement with the designing process of the creatures beyond that.
  • The studio hired someone to create a 3D model of one of the creature designs.
  • The creature design process started in the States but the entire production went overseas eventually.
  • The main creature is revealed at the end of the film.
  • One "Alien" creature was designed for the film.  But ditched once the plot changed early on.
[close]

Take it with a pinch of salt, just in case.

T Dog

T Dog

"the last eight minutes of the "Prometheus" story evolve into "a pretty good DNA of the 'Alien' one,".

Anybody want to hazard a guess for what that wonky sentence might mean.

1) The monster, by the end of the movie will look like the monster from Alien.

2) The space Jockey will be shown in the last 8 minutes.

3) Things will only get Giger-esque for the last 8 minutes.

I hope they aren't throwing us a massive curve ball.
I hope it's not a Metal Gear Solid 2 scenario.
You think you are getting Snake and then you get Raiden instead.
Hopefully we'll get Raiden and then lots of Snake.

Michael Harper

Quote from: tmjhur on Nov 07, 2011, 05:48:51 PM
"the last eight minutes of the "Prometheus" story evolve into "a pretty good DNA of the 'Alien' one,".

Anybody want to hazard a guess for what that wonky sentence might mean.

1) The monster, by the end of the movie will look like the monster from Alien.

2) The space Jockey will be shown in the last 8 minutes.

3) Things will only get Giger-esque for the last 8 minutes.

I hope they aren't throwing us a massive curve ball.
I hope it's not a Metal Gear Solid 2 scenario.
You think you are getting Snake and then you get Raiden instead.
Hopefully we'll get Raiden and then lots of Snake.

I liked your Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty analogy! :D

I think, we will more than likely see the Space Jockeys throughout the film. But, we won't see it in that "suit" and in the seat until the final eight minutes. Ever since I saw those leaked pictures from the footage at SDCC, I've always thought that the shot of a character (possibly Elizabeth Shaw) looking up, through the helmet, and screaming, would be towards the end of the film. No idea why, and no evidence to support this, but just felt like it could be from the end.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Guts on Nov 07, 2011, 03:19:44 PM

I won't mind if the CG does not look bad or does not over the shadow the story. I truest Ridley with the movie, I hope he can pull it off. Just hope the movie won't fall flat like his recent movies like Robin Hood and Body of Lies.

Michael Harper

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Nov 07, 2011, 06:32:38 PM
Quote from: Guts on Nov 07, 2011, 03:19:44 PM

I won't mind if the CG does not look bad or does not over the shadow the story. I truest Ridley with the movie, I hope he can pull it off. Just hope the movie won't fall flat like his recent movies like Robin Hood and Body of Lies.

The CG will more than likely just be for the things that were unable to be performed in-camera. Due to size or something. Maybe even some backdrops. I doubt Ridley would go down that rough CG looking route. He never has before :)

Berserker Pred

Nice news (:

SHREK

SHREK

Why cant he just say if it has aliens in it or not? i dont care about sigourney weaver or it being in 3D.. just want to the know the simple set of the movie i.e does it have xenomorphs in it or not

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed