"Best" Ripley

Started by aliennaire, Nov 07, 2011, 12:03:06 AM

Which film's Ripley do you like most of all?

Alien
13 (31%)
Aliens
23 (54.8%)
Alien^3
5 (11.9%)
No preferences
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author
"Best" Ripley (Read 3,299 times)

aliennaire

aliennaire

I would appreciate if you comment on the vote of your choice.

Please pay attention to the fact, that 4th line doesn't stand for A:R, this option literally means, that you have no preferences among various "Ripleys". I exclude this film out of the poll, because she's technically not a human here. Though, in a case if your choice were A:R, you are welcome to express your opinion in the post below. If your choice for the first movie is stipulated only by seeing the actress stripping, you may refrain from commenting ;)

Thanks for partaking here!

frostedone

frostedone

Aliens for me. It is where Ripley really came into her action heroine role and made a name for herself.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

This one. Just so impossibly cute.

Spoiler

[close]

They should have made plush dolls. Would have flew off the shelves I tell ya.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Word. Rockin' the yellow boots and scarf.

Okay. I'll be srs.

I'm going with Ripley from Aliens. It's the best part of her 'story arch' so to speak. It's the good ol' fallen from grace and redemption path. She even got to spackle the hole her daughter left in her life with a space orphan. Also some really good acting on display from Weaver. Oscar nominated.

I'm also keen on Alien 3 Ripley. Just so damn bleak and nightmarish. I loved how she dealt with the all male prisoners and how quickly they fell in behind her (as in being led by her, not for the four o'clock bitch raping sequence in the rainy trash dump court yard.)

Valaquen

Valaquen

I love her in the first two. She's so young and bitchy in the first one, and becomes this pro-active heroine in the second, with more character stuff to get into. I voted Aliens, in the end.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: aliennaire on Nov 07, 2011, 12:03:06 AM
I would appreciate if you comment on the vote of your choice.

Please pay attention to the fact, that 4th line doesn't stand for A:R, this option literally means, that you have no preferences among various "Ripleys". I exclude this film out of the poll, because she's technically not a human here. Though, in a case if your choice were A:R, you are welcome to express your opinion in the post below. If your choice for the first movie is stipulated only by seeing the actress stripping, you may refrain from commenting ;)

Thanks for partaking here!

The Aliens Ripley. In alien it seemed like she was running away from the alien and trying to get out alive. In Aliens she faces her nightmare and shoots the crap out of it. I vote Aliens.

Kimo

Kimo

Alien is my favorite film, but i have to go with Aliens on this one because she has more character depth.

Alien - Ripley comes across as the most bitchy. You would think she would be the first to be killed off, if you never seen the film before. But as soon as the shit hits the fan and Dallas is gone she takes control, and classic ripley takes over. Like she knows something it not right with Ash and she was right. Parker is trying to keep it all together but you can tell that the stress is getting to him so hes using his macho front. hes the type to fire first ask questions later. Lambert is way too nervous and paranoid. Ripley now becomes the most sane one who keeps it all together.

Aliens - The great thing about Rips in Aliens is that you already know what type of person she is. And by cameron adding the mother role to the story you get to see Ripley at her finest.

Alien3 - The only problem i have with Ripley in A3 is when she sleeps with the prisoner. You could say that sex is looked on a little differnt in the future and is more casual then we see it today. I know that Ridley Scott wanted sex to be seen casual and open in Alien. but i just dont like how she just sleeps with that doctor in A3 right after she found out that everyone else from Aliens is dead.

aliennaire

aliennaire

Thanks for voting and explanations! :-)

Tough little S.O.B.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Aliens. I mean whoa mama, she would have kicked Arnie and Stallone's asses out of the way to get to that bitch.  :laugh:

Plus the m41a pulse rifle/flame thrower was a nice touch. :)

Pn2501

Pn2501

alien because her character has more nuance and venerability, she seems more real and not a superhero.

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: Tough little S.O.B. on Dec 07, 2011, 06:18:17 AM
This one

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/ripley.html

Amusing parade of Ripley's incarnations in all four series!   ;D

Thanks again to new voters!

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

It was tough between Alien & Aliens.  Admittantly I fell for the whole "female super hero" in Aliens finally.

PREDDY VEDDER

PREDDY VEDDER

Quote from: frostedone on Nov 07, 2011, 12:33:16 AM
Aliens for me. It is where Ripley really came into her action heroine role and made a name for herself.

pretty much

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed