Two More Screenshots // 4 More Added

Started by ikarop, Oct 14, 2011, 06:00:05 PM

Author
Two More Screenshots // 4 More Added (Read 53,209 times)

RagingDragon

Hot damn those models are fantastic...  I don't think we've had an alien game where the aliens really look spot-on, and these are perfect Cameron aliens with those bloody AvP 60-foot telescoping supertails.

I will most enjoy blowing them to corrosive hell  :).

Spoiler

Disclaimer: Rant.

Couldn't they make a virtually destructable environment using something like the Frostbite engine??  It might be possible with damage being restricted to a predefined "grid" throughout the level, meaning it melts things in controlled hunks wherever it lands.  The melting could never go through the bottom "floor" of the level, the sub-Newt-kidnapper-basement with the sewer water or whatever the nasty crap was.  Why was that under the walkway floor, anyway?  And weren't they on the second floor, since that's where Operations was and they took the elevator down?  Does that mean that there was some sort of wastewater river level in between levels 1 and 2?   :laugh: ???  I digress.

Anyone remember the first Red Faction?  You could blow holes through the levels because you were in a mine and had, sort of, seismic survey charges.  It was totally awesome, PS2. 

Of relevence - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destructible_environment

I would enjoy a Realism mode like Left 4 Dead, but with full acid damage and sadistic alien horror ghosting your motion tracker and hiding in the dark waiting for you to walk by so it can grab you with razor-steel hands slick with slimy fear.  And if you were kept alive, you had to watch your character be dragged screaming back to the hive, stuck to the wall, forcefully impregnated through the face, then eaten alive until the newborn xenomorph erupted violently through your sternum.  The controller should vibrate, or something.

And please make the pulse rifle really f**king loud.  End.
[close]

Sexy Poot

Well they're not perfect Cameron aliens. They still have trace amounts of ADI like the hips hands and like u said, the horrible tail. But these are close enough for me. Looks great.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

That's what makes them great for me, they blend together the Aliens and Resurrection design.

chupacabras acheronsis

but it's an Aliens and Aliens-only game.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Know that, I was talking about the Aliens strictly limited to their design.
It's a game though, what can you expect continuity-wise? :P

chupacabras acheronsis

why not? why settle?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Not saying you shouldn't, but based on other Alien game examples we already know games aren't really gonna be consistent in everything.

Nero the Jackal

Exactly, Video games along with comics and novels come under expanded material and thus its not canon, this game was supposed to be a canon sequel despite the fact it is a game but continuity errors proves otherwise. Anyway, it doesn't matter as long as we enjoy it, As for the alien design, they are always going to make changes to the creature no matter how unpopular it will be. just like most here, the first and second alien design are the best and so were the films.

alanwu1233

The developers have promised us to get their tail back to normal size in the final product

Aren't they?

SM

SM

QuoteWhy was that under the walkway floor, anyway?

Reservoir I suspect.

QuoteAnd weren't they on the second floor, since that's where Operations was and they took the elevator down?  Does that mean that there was some sort of wastewater river level in between levels 1 and 2?

No.  Three levels.  SB, 1 and 2.  Marines enter through level 1.  Ops and Medical on level 2.  Water underneath sub basement level.

RagingDragon

I think these models are important because they show the level of detail that Gearbox is really putting into this.  I don't think AvP 2010's Aliens were bad, but they didn't seem to strike me like these ones did when I saw the screens.  The color was probably most of it, but also things like posture and poses.  We've seen from the AvP films how much those things matter, even when the designs are sufficient.

You're right SM, it was probably a waste water system or something.

SM

SM

I tend to think it's drinking water more than waste water, though it could quite easily be both.

The Xenoborg

Drinking water + Waste water = Fairly waste water.  :)

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: alanwu1233 on Nov 01, 2011, 04:25:42 PM
The developers have promised us to get their tail back to normal size in the final product

Aren't they?
I think they said they were just going to remove the blade, though while they're at it they could make it a bit shorter.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Nov 05, 2011, 10:29:47 PM
Quote from: alanwu1233 on Nov 01, 2011, 04:25:42 PM

Aren't they?
I think they said they were just going to remove the blade, though while they're at it they could make it a bit shorter.
It's just the sail what has been removed. No other major changes to the tail have been announced publicly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed