Two More Screenshots // 4 More Added

Started by ikarop, Oct 14, 2011, 06:00:05 PM

Author
Two More Screenshots // 4 More Added (Read 53,205 times)

Chris!(($$))!

I'd be fine if acid just makes permanent marks on the environment and maybe SLIGHTLY alters the environment model instead of just it's texture. But acid should basically have its same old authentic affects on characters, Marines, etc.

chupacabras acheronsis

i don't get why would it be game-breaking if it was insta-death to be showered in acid. the player should learn to kill them from distance by the second time instead of screaming like a bitch.

SM

SM

Yup.

"You don't dare kill it."

PsyKore

You can't always kill from a distance though, especially if there's multiple aliens; one of them will probably get up close while you're directing fire on another. Plus, if prior games are any indication, some aliens will probably have a tendency of dropping out of nowhere to get in close to the player. Instant death would be authentic but that could get annoying for some people if it constantly happens. That's why I think difficulty levels would be appropriate. They could probably have a "you don't dare kill it" difficulty level. :D

SM

SM

QuoteYou can't always kill from a distance though, especially if there's multiple aliens; one of them will probably get up close while you're directing fire on another. Plus, if prior games are any indication, some aliens will probably have a tendency of dropping out of nowhere to get in close to the player.

Well if that 'appens, you're proper f**ked, Tommy.

But yeah - realisitic acid damage should be scaled to difficulty.

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: PsyKore on Oct 26, 2011, 10:56:54 PM
You can't always kill from a distance though, especially if there's multiple aliens; one of them will probably get up close while you're directing fire on another. Plus, if prior games are any indication, some aliens will probably have a tendency of dropping out of nowhere to get in close to the player. Instant death would be authentic but that could get annoying for some people if it constantly happens. That's why I think difficulty levels would be appropriate. They could probably have a "you don't dare kill it" difficulty level. :D

then there's only one solution: don't let your squadmates die and you won't die.

the squad is everything.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Oct 26, 2011, 10:34:58 PM
i don't get why would it be game-breaking if it was insta-death to be showered in acid. the player should learn to kill them from distance by the second time instead of screaming like a bitch.

Acid should still do massive damage but it shouldn't instant kill you unless say a Xeno is on top of you and a team mate shoots it.

chupacabras acheronsis

which is exactly the same as saying "showered by acid"

Chris!(($$))!

Yah, but we don't know what would cause a Xeno to shower you in acid. I don't think killing a Xeno standing right next to you would always mean acid shower.

chupacabras acheronsis

it would depend on a great number of factors. is the xeno jumping towards you? inertia. did you hit it in soft spot with lots of circulation? spray. is the weapon loaded with AP rounds or with fragmentation?

Nero the Jackal

The snapshots are great and i think the alien design is far better than it was in the avp game. Speaking of designs, In aliens i noticed two different alien warriors, they looked the same except for the arms, look at the forearms of the alien that takes newt and you notice a difference.

its good see the warrior in a bipedal stance though, i was beginning to think that since resurrection, all aliens regardless of origin was going to walk dominantly on all fours. i want to see more demos or trailers  ;D

Spoon

Spoon

Overall game is looking amazing!
Being a HUGE Stan Winston fan I must say I'm not thrilled by the 20 foot long tail and un-curved head structure.
  Im also shocked people actually use avp as design reference! ADI can't make anything look right.

Nero the Jackal

agreed but the design is still better than the aliens in the last game which was avp. adi are not that bad but the last two movies they designed the creatures in, were terrible, though i blame fox and other reasons for the failure not adi, as they used to work for stan winston if i recall correctly. still looks good,though, i wonder if they will release a demo on xbl. forgive me if they said so already but i haven't be up to date with xbox mags......at all really :laugh:

The Xenoborg

Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Oct 29, 2011, 12:45:07 PM
agreed but the design is still better than the aliens in the last game which was avp. adi are not that bad but the last two movies they designed the creatures in, were terrible, though i blame fox and other reasons for the failure not adi, as they used to work for stan winston if i recall correctly. still looks good,though, i wonder if they will release a demo on xbl. forgive me if they said so already but i haven't be up to date with xbox mags......at all really :laugh:
Not just the XBL.  ;)

TERMINATOR-SSD

i cant wait for this game, but i do hope it is not a sloppy port on the PC

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed