Predator Eye Flash

Started by Caledonia, Aug 14, 2007, 06:21:32 PM

Author
Predator Eye Flash (Read 20,392 times)

Caledonia

Caledonia

In the scene where the Predator kills Blaine and Mac runs to his body he sees the Predator in stealth camouflage. The Predator's eye flash illumines green, before he vanishes into the jungle.

What is the flash about? A warning sign at Mac?

Fitzley

Fitzley

I always imagined it was toying with him...taunting his prey, knowing it would unbalance him.

Darkness

Darkness

Changing vision modes.

Fitzley

Fitzley

What makes you say that?

Master Chief

Master Chief

hmm...never really thought about it.  The sound it makes is similar to the sound when adjusting range of vision (zooming in and out).  Also, aren't his eyes glowing right before he shoots Dillon's arm off?

War Wager

War Wager

I've always thought of it as a taunt.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Fitzley on Aug 14, 2007, 06:25:25 PM
What makes you say that?

AvP2, I think. There's something similar in the game that happens when you're cloaked I think.

But I've thought it was the changing of vision modes for a long time. Don't see what else it could be.

Caledonia

Caledonia

Quote from: Master Chief on Aug 14, 2007, 07:20:25 PM
hmm...never really thought about it.  The sound it makes is similar to the sound when adjusting range of vision (zooming in and out).  Also, aren't his eyes glowing right before he shoots Dillon's arm off?

Indeed, it seems like a "Yes HERE I am" kinda thing. Like letting the prey know before the kill.

QuoteBut I've thought it was the changing of vision modes for a long time. Don't see what else it could be.
I don't see why it would change vision modes when it's hunting only one species of prey.

War Wager

War Wager

It could be changing vision modes, we haven't seen a Preds mask as its changing...  :-\

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Fitzley on Aug 14, 2007, 06:23:49 PM
I always imagined it was toying with him...taunting his prey, knowing it would unbalance him.
I agree.

Huol

Huol

I thought he was toying with him, till i played avp2 and i saw someone change vision modes when cloaked.
His eyes glowed i was like.  :o

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Huol on Aug 14, 2007, 10:57:21 PM
I thought he was toying with him, till i played avp2 and i saw someone change vision modes when cloaked.
His eyes glowed i was like.  :o
Yeahh, but the games arent the movies and i dont see why the eyes should glow everytime he switches his vision mode, in avp and predator 2 the eyes didnt glow when he did that.

Huol

Huol

True, but when did we ever see the vision mode change? We only saw it change from a first person perspective.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Huol on Aug 14, 2007, 11:15:09 PM
True, but when did we ever see the vision mode change? We only saw it change from a first person perspective.
Thats true, but i think it would be too loud if the predator changes his vision mode and everytime his eyes are glowing (with that sound).
Especially in predator 2 in the slaughterhouse, keyes team would have noticed that, i think the predator only does that when he wants to confuse his prey or give them a little chance to see something from him.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

probally to make them think "what the hell are you?"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed