E3 Footage - MedLab

Started by 9th_Stew, Oct 04, 2011, 08:27:22 AM

Author
E3 Footage - MedLab (Read 4,493 times)

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: SM on Oct 04, 2011, 10:21:13 PM
I did find it a bit odd that the marines are talking about "xenos" right at the start, then seconds later someone is asking "What is that thing" in relation to the hugger?

Perhaps those two marines only saw the full grown aliens on the Sulaco beforehand but not any FHers, so that's why they're surprised when they see it on Hadley's. I'm only guessing.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 05, 2011, 07:31:35 AM
Whoa whoa whoa, nothing about Dead Space is "bullshit", and I will not have someone on the internet badmouthing the perfection that is Dead Space.
http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-colbert.gif
Not saying there was something bullshitty about Dead Space, just saying it'd be bullshit if they make something totally similar here...Sorry :)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 05, 2011, 07:31:35 AM
Whoa whoa whoa, nothing about Dead Space is "bullshit", and I will not have someone on the internet badmouthing the perfection that is Dead Space.
http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-colbert.gif
ZzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzealot.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Not a zealot, merely someone who is a True Believer in the universal truth that is Dead Space's perfection.

If you're badmouthing Dead Space, SO HELP ME GOD.

Sh0dan

Sh0dan

System Shock 2 is better.  ;D

SM

SM

Quote from: Griffith on Oct 05, 2011, 06:17:03 AM
Quote from: SM on Oct 05, 2011, 05:16:06 AM
We'll see if that holds if the first act involves battling an Alien horde on the Sulaco a la Infestation.

It's a fact that they encounter an alien horde onboard the sulaco there's a screen of 2 aliens standing aside some cryotubes and it certainly will make sense to why did both of the vessels sulaco and sephora crash landed on LV-426. But still it makes me wonder if the sulaco is overrun by a battallion force where the hell did the hosts come from we are talking about more than 10 aliens, it reminds me to Aliens: Nightmare asylum when Hicks, Newt and the Android (cant remember his name) are onboard a vessel with a live cargo of cocooned hosts, is it possible that there were more crew onboard the sulaco? this lack of info is killing me.

I'm not sure how it's all going to fit. 
Spoiler
Infestation level 1 is on the Sulaco, but it ends with only a small portion of the ship being explored so I'm guessing there'll be return visits.  As well as to LV-426.  And this seems to be set a few weeks after Aliens/ Alien3, rather than the months mentioned in CM. 
[close]

RabidNinja

RabidNinja

A good possibility is that the research team sent before the game even began used the Sulaco as an added research station and/or quick salvage run, went to the planet surface, brought 1, possibly 2 back, maybe a queen that survived the explosion and there goes a ship hidden xeno hive :D

Worse still, The derelict could of survived the blast -_- those crafty space jockeys and their Organic Technology...

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

QuoteWorse still, The derelict could of survived the blast -_- those crafty space jockeys and their Organic Technology...
From what we know, it apparently did.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Well the ship was broken down by the lava flow in ALIENS.  I'm sure in full blast it would have been decimated.  But with the colony's survival, it might have a chance.

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

There's a level in the derelict isn't it? So it might have survived, or parts of it might have.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: Sh0dan on Oct 05, 2011, 12:28:19 PM
System Shock 2 is better.  ;D

THIS.

Dead Space = cheap jump scares

System Shock(both!) = true horror

well, we know we get to shoot at WY mercenaries and stuff, that is a confirmed fact. so the most likely reason is that the WY forces got there first, set a camp on the Sulaco, got infested in the derelict or the colony(and making up for most of the alien presence), then escaped back to the Sulaco, which became infested too, killing all that was left of them in it.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Time to start a war (clears throat), Dead Space and System Shock are monkey doodoo

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

well, i sorta agree, the first system shock had a hell of a shitty UI, right now, the vainilla is unplayable. it. using mouselook mod and a hi-rez texture pack make it a lot better.

the sequel is perfect in every aspect.

[USCM]Winter

[USCM]Winter

I think Michael Bishop II before he reach fury 161 was on Sulaco and then to lv 426  he bring some eggs to sulaco and then went to fury 161 .He left on Sulaco few scientist to study the eggs and when he arrived at fury 161 he lost connection.Micahael bishop II knew all.
WEYLAND YUTANI KNOWS EVERYTHING

robbritton

robbritton

The E3 demo is just that, though, I thought? A mock up to show the journalists and stuff. Haven't they said that the scenes as viewed won't be exactly in the game? Maybe the facehugger is just for the demo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed