Aliens Colonial Marines Full E3 Demo Footage

Started by ikarop, Sep 30, 2011, 05:00:30 PM

Author
Aliens Colonial Marines Full E3 Demo Footage (Read 67,225 times)

robbritton

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but that queen is vast isn't it? The powerloader would only come up to its hip at full stretch. I only just noticed how massive it was.

PLEXI

QuoteSorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but that queen is vast isn't it? The powerloader would only come up to its hip at full stretch. I only just noticed how massive it was.
Yup, AVP super sized. Not a bad thing in my opinion, makes her look more intimidating. As for an explanation.. Age? Radiation? Just a design choice?

robbritton

she spread out a bit when she crash landed back on LV-426!

Gate

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Oct 07, 2011, 08:31:28 AM
Quote from: Taraka on Oct 06, 2011, 09:55:12 PM
And a Dead Space Style Aliens game, not bad. I look forward to seeing it. Necromorphs got nothing on our Xeno's!
Movie Xenos...I agree...Video games xenos on the other hand are so watered-down and weaksauce that I'm sorry, Necromorphs shit on them from an almighty height (esp. when played on high difficulty levels)...

PFFFFFFFFFFFT

Ash 937

Quote from: PLEXI on Oct 07, 2011, 12:52:17 PM
Yup, AVP super sized. Not a bad thing in my opinion, makes her look more intimidating. As for an explanation.. Age? Radiation? Just a design choice?

The queen in Aliens had to be young since there wasn't a lot of time between the point when the colonists discover the Derelict and when the colonial marines arrive on LV-426.

A:CM supposedly takes place 11 months after Alien3.  That gives the queen more time to grow. 

That's how I'm going to justify it, at least...

The Xenoborg

Quote from: Ash 937 on Oct 08, 2011, 10:25:47 AM

The queen in Aliens had to be young since there wasn't a lot of time between the point when the colonists discover the Derelict and when the colonial marines arrive on LV-426.

A:CM supposedly takes place 11 months after Alien3.  That gives the queen more time to grow. 

Agreed. That's how I would interpret her size as well.
The Queen in AvP was alive since ages, so that is why she was huge.

Never say no to Panda!

The queen in AvP was that way because the producers thought it looks cool ;)

Taraka

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Oct 07, 2011, 08:31:28 AM
Quote from: Taraka on Oct 06, 2011, 09:55:12 PM
And a Dead Space Style Aliens game, not bad. I look forward to seeing it. Necromorphs got nothing on our Xeno's!
Movie Xenos...I agree...Video games xenos on the other hand are so watered-down and weaksauce that I'm sorry, Necromorphs shit on them from an almighty height (esp. when played on high difficulty levels)...

I don't entirely agree, at least I found them a bit more threatening in the last AVP game (taking notes, gearbox?) But have Xenos wall bounding like in the 2nd movie, that's gonna get some adrenaline running! And AGAIN, what gearbox originally promised, where they done stand there clawing at you, but instead they grab you and try to drag you off into a vent, THAT would get things interesting! Or of course, the good ol' 3 seconds to headbite from the films. I know when it comes to vast numbers, enemies that primarily grab and thus keep you from shooting for a few seconds can get annoying and borderline impossible to complete, but this is also a squadron based game, a first person gears of war. You're gonna have buddies who can help you or at least keep picking off other aliens while you deal with your prom date.

Grey_Yautja

"How many fingers am I holding up? - flips the bird - "He's fine."

They need to make that a taunt animation.

PLEXI

Same here.  A point I've always wondered about; we've never see a Xenomorph alive for more then a few weeks. So it could be interesting to see how they develop as a species when their life span is not cut short.
QuoteI don't entirely agree, at least I found them a bit more threatening in the last AVP game
Threatening until you master the melee system at least.  I fist fight Xenos for fun on the hardest difficulty.  Deadspace... >.> not so much.

SM

QuoteSame here.  A point I've always wondered about; we've never see a Xenomorph alive for more then a few weeks. So it could be interesting to see how they develop as a species when their life span is not cut short.

Well, assuming one doesn't take AvP continuity errors into account...

Gate

Quote from: PLEXI on Oct 10, 2011, 07:57:31 PM
Same here.  A point I've always wondered about; we've never see a Xenomorph alive for more then a few weeks. So it could be interesting to see how they develop as a species when their life span is not cut short.
QuoteI don't entirely agree, at least I found them a bit more threatening in the last AVP game
Threatening until you master the melee system at least.  I fist fight Xenos for fun on the hardest difficulty.  Deadspace... >.> not so much.
*Smacks slasher with pulse rifle, slasher grabs ahold and rips head off*

Well shit

Xeno Killer 2179

QuoteSorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but that queen is vast isn't it? The powerloader would only come up to its hip at full stretch. I only just noticed how massive it was.
I couldn't stop staring at her legs.

*snickers*

chupacabras acheronsis

fine legs indeed, but now that you post that screen, i realize just how much they grew her up. did this screen appear before or after the E3?

SM

Dem calves!

She musta been working out.

Or radiation.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed