Aliens Colonial Marines Full E3 Demo Footage

Started by ikarop, Sep 30, 2011, 05:00:30 PM

Author
Aliens Colonial Marines Full E3 Demo Footage (Read 67,846 times)

The Xenoborg

The E3 gameplay of AvP2010 was extremely similar to what we got in the final game.

9th_Stew

the gameplay reminds me of AVP2

ikarop

Quote from: The Xenoborg on Oct 01, 2011, 09:17:00 AM
The E3 gameplay of AvP2010 was extremely similar to what we got in the final game.

I wouldn't say 'extremely similar'. In fact many things changed since that build. From the graphics (improved models, textures, animations, etc...) to the HUD, weapons system and other mechanics. And that was only for the Predator!

Quote from: deGRESSOR on Oct 01, 2011, 01:11:47 AM
I'm not getting this game if you can't crouch or aim down the iron sights.  I've played too many great shooters to go back to the limited abilities of the DOOM 1-2 days.

Both of these features as well as sprinting have been confirmed to appear in the game so no worries.

Taraka

..Did paul anderson direct this? I'm hearing Rick say the same thing Paul did about the first AVP film. And I'm seeing the same kind of attention.

Hadley's Hope is pronounced Hade-ley.

The motiontracker doesn't react to things moving on screen.

The Aliens are the Aliens - Alien Resurrection hybrids. (The fish tail)

Didn't they brag the Aliens primarily wouldn't stand and slash in Game Informer?

What possible explanation, other than enemy variety, do they have for "crusher"?

Speaking of Had-ley's hope. didn't Bishop explain the blast radius was about 40 megatons? Basically, there wouldn't be any ruins. It'd be a big hole of dust and radiation.

how come the pulse rifle THE PLAYER uses has the sound of F.E.A.R.'s Sub-machinegun, while the other marines have the appropriate sound effect?

"Watch the Acid" You killed 4 of them standing in place and walked over the bodies with no damage. What acid?

And the Aliens move like robots

Forgive me if you discussed some of what I mentioned already. I just wanted to get my thoughts out before I go to work.

ikarop

Check out our FAQ here, Taraka. Also keep in mind that the footage seen here comes from a demo meant for E3 (June 2011). The game is a work in progress and all those elements you have mentioned are subject to change at any time.

Joe117

Looks great

Sh0dan

Quote from: PsyKore on Oct 01, 2011, 07:23:03 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 01, 2011, 07:09:15 AM
Quote from: PsyKore on Oct 01, 2011, 06:26:28 AM
This will never really be an official sequel though, even though they keep saying it is. I think of it as more of a side-story.
We've already got a thread about Colonial Marines and "canon". :P

Yeah, I'm just pointing out that if the gameplay will be restricting for the sake of playing out like a movie, then I say poo to that. They can still make their story without restricting the gameplay and killing any dynamics of playability - I hope this is the case.

Sorry, it just annoys me when games are overly scripted, you know. It'd be disappointing especially for this game that I've been hanging out for for a long time.

I put up a poll at the GBX forums about this: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=130694 :)

Sabres21768

Loved the demo footage.

Not digging the pulse rifle sound and the Alien blood is a little too green for my taste (should be more yellowish), but since it's a WIP, I'll hold off on final judgement on those.

This game is going to kick all kinds of ass.

It'll be nice to play an Aliens game without any Predators in it.

RagingDragon

I hope the scripted sequences are very limited.  Personally I think scripted sequences have run their course in video games.

Can't wait to play it on the hardest setting possible.

ikarop

What I was told a few months back about this is that this is actual gameplay footage, but it was put together like a cutscene. Timed elements, etc... So it's not the 'actual game' per se.

Pux Almighty

Ugh, that slow ass control on a gamepad makes me cringe.

Looking forward to the PC version and I have to say I'm relieved crouching is confirmed. Absence of this feature bugged the hell out of me in AvP3, especially fighting the androids.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Pux Almighty on Oct 01, 2011, 03:43:17 PM
Ugh, that slow ass control on a gamepad makes me cringe.

Looking forward to the PC version and I have to say I'm relieved crouching is confirmed. Absence of this feature bugged the hell out of me in AvP3, especially fighting the androids.

It was purposely slowed down they do that with all demonstrations to make it seem more cinematic.

Elliott

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Oct 01, 2011, 02:14:25 PM
Loved the demo footage.

Not digging the pulse rifle sound and the Alien blood is a little too green for my taste (should be more yellowish), but since it's a WIP, I'll hold off on final judgement on those.

This game is going to kick all kinds of ass.

It'll be nice to play an Aliens game without any Predators in it.
I'm pretty sure the blood is just a placeholder.

And I think it'd be interesting to find an easter egg of a predator skull in an alien hive by going WAAAAY off course and risking death to find it. Like going through tunnels with aliens literally pouring out of the walls.

It'd be a nice little nod. Lol.

Ultragamer6

@ 2:56 thats the vent that Ripley and gang went through ain't it? Wonder if we can crouch through it and get some very tasty treats!!

Porkus Maximus

Words cannot describe how utterly disappointing this trailer was for me, but I guess it's my own fault for allowing myself to have expectations. Looks like Call Of Duty: Aliens. Ramirez! Set up that sentry gun! Ramirez! Punch that Alien in the face! Ramirez!  Press X to slide!

f**k off.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed