Possible Space Jockey Pictures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 29, 2011, 06:23:21 AM

Author
Possible Space Jockey Pictures (Read 65,790 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd like to thanks the anonymous contributor that provided these pictures to the convention at weekend and that has just sent me some of them to put online:

[Images Removed At Request Of Fox]

As you can see it looks suspiciously like the Space Jockey chair without the telescope (or whatever it is) device attached. However, the 2nd picture looks like a telescope device.

NUB DESTROYER

NUB DESTROYER

Pretty much seals the deal. Thanks.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 29, 2011, 06:23:21 AM
As you can see it looks suspiciously like the Space Jockey chair without the telescope (or whatever it is) device attached. However, the 2nd picture looks like a telescope device.
Probably just disassembled it. Also the top pic shows the chair torn apart slightly and thus you can see the foam.

Also no creature. Maybe he took a poo-poo break.

josh_axey

josh_axey

Looks incredibly similar to the original chair.

Excitement level just peaked back up from the drop in news recently.

EDIT: Only thing missing is the pipes up the side, leading to the "scope like" piece. Probably why the foam is visible in one spot I guess. Not applied yet / recently removed.

NUB DESTROYER

Quote from: josh_axey on Sep 29, 2011, 06:42:13 AM
Only thing missing is the pipes up the side, leading to the "scope like" piece. Probably why the foam is visible in one spot I guess. Not applied yet / recently removed.

Recently removed would be my bet.

SM

SM

There are some very minor differences, but the similarity to the original is quite remarkable.

The fact the occupant is absent may point to them not being grown out of the chair as Dallas speculated.

josh_axey

josh_axey

Quote from: SM on Sep 29, 2011, 06:51:25 AM
There are some very minor differences, but the similarity to the original is quite remarkable.

The fact the occupant is absent may point to them not being grown out of the chair as Dallas speculated.

x2

Although one would assume that the animatronic suit would also need to adapt into it, if the "jockey" was to be portrayed by a person for speech, movement, etc.
So... could also be why "it's" missing.

SM

SM

Possibly.

josh_axey

josh_axey

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 29, 2011, 06:23:21 AM
... just sent me some of them to put online...

Quoth the Raven "moar!"

(Bribe him/her!)

NUB DESTROYER

The fact that the creature isn't sculpted with the chair rules out this pic coming from Alien (1979), as what some posters in that other thread would suggest otherwise.

Valaquen

Valaquen

8)

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Finally something with some meaty bits.

I am pleased.

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

to me it appears this may be a .....DIFFERENT JOCKEY? look at the new images and the lack of pipes and greeblies. could there possibly be more then one?

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Byohzrd on Sep 29, 2011, 09:27:41 AM
to me it appears this may be a .....DIFFERENT JOCKEY? look at the new images and the lack of pipes and greeblies. could there possibly be more then one?

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj241/Rabbit2100/photosfromfilms-1copy.jpg
I hope so. Different Jockey, different story, looser tie to Alien. Which means the film doesn't exist simply to set the derelict on the planetoid.

NUB DESTROYER

This instrument could be from a different jockey ship that we haven't seen, but the design looks very much like the one in the '79 movie minus the vertical pipes and ridges. I bet those vertical pipes were just yanked off during the dismantling process but they do exist somewhere- just not in those pics.

Feral_PRED

Feral_PRED

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj241/Rabbit2100/photosfromfilms-1copy.jpg

I think this is the chair and on the other side is the telescope.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed