Alien Vault Review & Interview

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 23, 2011, 06:38:54 PM

Author
Alien Vault Review & Interview (Read 3,648 times)

Corporal Hicks

I have just uploaded my latest review for the recently released Alien Vault: The Definitive Story of the Making of the Film:

“So what can Alien Vault really offer us that previous books (there are a few more than the 2 I listed) can't? Well, that's an incredibly easy question: Passion. Alien Vault came across as a personal account, as if I was sat across from Ian Nathan, talking to him and hearing the excitement in his voice as we discussed his favorite movie.”

You can read (and should read) the entire review here. As well as that, I also spoke to author Ian Nathan recently and I’ve uploaded our interview as well.

We also had 2 winners for our Alien Vault competition, Alex Hislop and Kanani Coward. Congratulations to both of them!I hope you all enjoy the review and the interview and if you’re interested in buying a copy then Amazon has a bargain!

Corporal Hicks

Our UK winner

wmmvrrvrrmm

As far as it goes with the female and male involvement in the alien sexual reproduction, O'Bannon talked about the alien race having two sexes of their own with a third host animal needed to reproduce, in the old Cinefex article (P20 of Alien The Special Effects by Shay And Norton) and it wasn't talked about to any great length, he didn't get to explain it clearly what he was thinking in terms of the alien race's two sexes of their own and I don't think anyone has released any interviews where he was able to expand on the subject

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Alien-Vault-Ian-Nathan/9781845136673
Alien Vault for £16.98, free worldwide delivery!! that's £13 off!!!!

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

I seem to remember reading that Cinefex article, or at least part of it, and I remember being glad that was a route not taken. While it had some interesting properties of its own, especially in the presentation of the creatures' intelligence, it takes away somewhat from its' brutal efficiency, which was always the most appealing aspect.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed