First Aliens Infestation Review

Started by ikarop, Sep 21, 2011, 09:02:25 PM

Author
First Aliens Infestation Review (Read 26,185 times)

ikarop

ikarop

The first Aliens Infestation review can be found in the latest issue of NGamer magazine. The UK magazine has given it 80/100. The review is spoiler-free and praises the graphics, gameplay mechanics and the overall fun of the game. You can find the scans by clicking the image below.

Jake Busey Talks The Predator Deleted Scenes

Update: Another review can be read in the October issue of the UK Official Nintendo Magazine. They gave it 82/100. This review also shows a screenshot of a mini-game recreating Bishop’s knife trick. Click here to find the scans.

ikarop

ikarop

NGamer Magazine (October 2011):

RazorSlash

This game
Need
Now
Right Now

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: RazorSlash on Sep 21, 2011, 09:09:59 PM
This game
Need
Now
Right Now

Amen to that.

Mr. Domino

Do want. Have preordered. Its in the pipe - wait for it

....Five. By. Five.

frostedone

Nice review! Man I am looking forward to this game more than ever now.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Infestation pulls comparisons from Metroid, Contra, and Castlevania...all of those are benchmark series from the 8-bit and 16-bit era.  It seems like the only significant shortcoming of this game (based on this review) has more to do with the limitations of the DS hardware (audio capabilities) than it does with the actual gameplay mechanics.  I'm not surprised that the story has been criticized for lacking substance...with the exception of only some games from the Metroid series, both Contra and Castlevania were never regarded as stellar examples of good story lines being told through video games.  As a matter of fact, I think most story lines for 2D platformers are garbage.  If you want a good story, you are better off trying your luck with RPGs.

Overall, it sounds like this game will be all that I hoped/expected it would be.  I'm looking forward to owning it. 

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Look how big that Jockey Alien is!

ikarop

ikarop

Another review can be read in the October issue of ONM. Special thanks to MFTP for the scans:

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Looks I can't wait now. I always plan on picking it up since it looks really fun.

newbeing

newbeing

I wonder why this is coming out October 11th and not the 4th for the American release. Well I guess its good you Brits get a game first for once. Lets hope these scores stay in the 8-9 (if not 10) area.

Ash 937

Ash 937

A couple of things I noticed from the scanned reviews:

1.  One of the marines is named Cameron and its an obvious nod to the director.  Will there be other characters that go by the name of Scott, Fincher, and Jeunet???

2.  The androids.  At first I thought, "oh well, i can accept that since it wouldn't be fun for some gamers to shoot aliens all day."  But we saw what the androids looked like in the films...and they weren't terminators.  I think they should stuck with the human look for androids from the films.  Plus, I think it would a been cool to shoot a few and watch them run around without a head and try to attack you like Ash in Alien.  Or, it would've been cool to blow one in half and watch it crawl toward you without any legs.

3.  I agree that the pistol should be utterly useless.  The only time it ever had an effect on an xenomorph was when Vasquez was shooting them in the vents at point blank range.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Synthetics were handled really well in Alien Trilogy for the PSX. Don't really remember anyone else getting it right. The ones in AVP2 were so roided up it was easy to tell them from the humans, which kind of defeated the purpose.

Ash 937

Ash 937

We also got a glimpse of some WY bioweapon troops at the end of Alien3.  They entered Fury 161 with Bishop II who were dressed in all white and armed with guns.  They sort of reminded me of a storm trooper variant from Hoth in The Empire Strikes Back.  I wouldn't mind fighting a few of those guys in Aliens Infestation.  Going with the current design of synthetics in this game was a mistake in my opinion, the Alien universe already introduces us to enough enemies in the original three films to give us the variety we needed.

http://www.alienexperience.com/forum/index.php?topic=7094.0

http://www.scifiguns.com/props/a3_4.jpg

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Ash 937 on Sep 22, 2011, 11:33:35 PM
2.  The androids.  At first I thought, "oh well, i can accept that since it wouldn't be fun for some gamers to shoot aliens all day."  But we saw what the androids looked like in the films...and they weren't terminators.  I think they should stuck with the human look for androids from the films.  Plus, I think it would a been cool to shoot a few and watch them run around without a head and try to attack you like Ash in Alien.  Or, it would've been cool to blow one in half and watch it crawl toward you without any legs.
Interestingly enough, those synthetics bear a striking resemblance to the robots you can shoot in the 'Alien3: The Gun' arcade game.

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Sep 23, 2011, 01:12:09 AM
Synthetics were handled really well in Alien Trilogy for the PSX. Don't really remember anyone else getting it right. The ones in AVP2 were so roided up it was easy to tell them from the humans, which kind of defeated the purpose.
Synthetics in AvPClassic were pretty indistinguishable from humans until you injured them (well that and they didn't show up on infrared for the Predator, and had no pheromone signature for the Alien), and then it was pretty clear that they weren't human. They were always armed with shotguns, but if you took off one of their arms they'd draw a pistol and continue shooting.

Quote from: Ash 937 on Sep 23, 2011, 05:42:32 AM
We also got a glimpse of some WY bioweapon troops at the end of Alien3.  They entered Fury 161 with Bishop II who were dressed in all white and armed with guns.  They sort of reminded me of a storm trooper variant from Hoth in The Empire Strikes Back.  I wouldn't mind fighting a few of those guys in Aliens Infestation.  Going with the current design of synthetics in this game was a mistake in my opinion, the Alien universe already introduces us to enough enemies in the original three films to give us the variety we needed.

http://www.alienexperience.com/forum/index.php?topic=7094.0

http://www.scifiguns.com/props/a3_4.jpg
There's enemies in AvP2 that use that design as their character model. The heavy-duty hazmat soldiers use that armor and face mask, but it's in a different color scheme.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed