How should AvP gone down ?

Started by stickaround, Jan 21, 2007, 09:53:57 AM

Author
How should AvP gone down ? (Read 9,820 times)

stickaround

stickaround

There are alot of critics for AvP and Paul Anderson.

Why do you think it didn't attract a more high profile director etc ?? I think it's a tougher concept to gel than alot of people appreciate but personally would have liked to see the film based on the first AvP comic series but don't think they would have had the budget ? I enjoyed the film (for all its faults) all the same !

For the budget it was made on, how do you think it should have rolled ??

Stickaround !

bullethead

bullethead

Directors probably don't like movies with pre-established backstories that they have to obey. They also figured that after A:R and the complaints about the reimagined Battlestar Galactica, where people were criticizing it just on its premise, that there was no way to please the fans. The budget probably hurt too, since it meant limited special effects and the possibly of getting a sub par writer.
However, they could have done it if they had the movie set in Iraq or something during the war on terror.

Don99

Don99

The AvP comics were excellent.  With CGI going down all the time, I don't see why they couldn't have followed the comic book closer.

Being stuck on a planet as the last human and then joining the Predator hunting party would have been a much better ending.

The one huge thing that messed with my enjoyment of the movie was the liberty that they took with the timeline of incubation.  With good scifi you swallow a premise and then you have to stick with its rules.  The 5 min incubation followed by immedate full sized aliens was terrible.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

It's such an obviously fanboy thing to say, but I can't help it...the first four-part AvP comic that Dark Horse put out was a near-perfect blueprint for what the film could, I mean should have been.

Anderson cherry-picked moments from it, but they were meaningless (and in some cases, ridiculous) without the correct context.

Gangster Predator

You should've told him his movie sucked!!! :)

Gangster Predator

Quote from: Gangster Predator on Feb 24, 2007, 04:44:16 AM
You should've told him his movie sucked!!! :)

Wait ignore that post!!! ;D

I think that the pred shouldn't have been infected with that egg..They should have at least let one pred survive

Hankerson

Hankerson

I think the new "Battlestar" rocks! It has proven itself with its ever growing fan base. I love the old BSG as well. I think that every film should be judged be its own merit and not by what came before. If you had never seen the "Alien" or "Predator" films, what would you think of AvP?

Griffith

Griffith

it's just my opinion but...there are some scenes that are incredibly stupid..like the joke of the predator and the main actress just after the predator killed de alien this scene wasn't included in the final cut..(thank god)..and the relation between the predator and that woman..man..that last scene was like....omg?..is she going to kiss him? wtf >:(

Griffith

Griffith

oh i forgot...i hate FOX.. they just look up for their interest they dont care about fans...and respect the time line of AVP..they enjoy to mess up all the franchise

SM

SM

QuoteIf you had never seen the "Alien" or "Predator" films, what would you think of AvP?

The characters are still dull and uninteresting and there's a lack of tension and there's very little action, even after taking the Aliens and Predators out of the equation.  The only thing it has going for it is a nice looking temple set.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: bullethead on Jan 21, 2007, 06:33:33 PMcomplaints about the reimagined Battlestar Galactica, where people were criticizing it just on its premise, that there was no way to please the fans.

Speaking as someone who is one of the recent version's critics, many of us had nothing against the premise of resurrecting the show. Just not in the way they have done. Would hope we are entitled to that view. :)

SM

SM

I didn't like the way it was redone either.  I didn't like the new premise, and after watching a few episodes don't like really anything at all about it.

stickaround

stickaround

This topic obviously isn't about battlestar ?! but for the record i think it's excellent.

Stickaround !

techtor

techtor

I think they shouldn't have killed the first two Yautja that easily. And the preds should have had more success with aliens. And looking at it as a hunt gone wrong... I'd prefer to see Yautja in situations where they weren't merely hunting, but were handling a situation gone wrong, and perhaps had to team up with humans to solve it. I see the predators as more similar to humans more than anyone think... they should be friends. And the alien... yes, ultimate prey, ultimate enemy.
Perhaps more focus on the predators than before? I do think there should be some background on the predators' lives, even personal lives...
Hmm, seems obvious I'm biased for the Yautja...  ;D

fluxcap

fluxcap

Quote from: SM on Feb 26, 2007, 02:07:43 AM
If you had never seen the "Alien" or "Predator" films, what would you think of AvP?
I saw AVP in theaters with some friends who had never seen any of the other movies. Overall they hated the movie but they thought the Predator was the ultimate badass and they all asked to borrow Predator 1&2 from me. They saw the alien as a subservient creature whose only purpose was to be killed by Predators, not exist as a significant standalone entity.

In terms of what I thought of AVP, I would have rather seen a screen adaptation of the original Dark Horse comic, but I actually liked the premise of the film. It just could have been executed much better. I think Paul Anderson is a competent director, its his screenplays that are terrible.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed