Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 558,952 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Added Alien Convenient to the poll; you can also change your vote

426Buddy

426Buddy

Alien
Aliens
Alien3 - alien covenant
Prometheus
Alien resurrection

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

...out of 4 stars

Alien                          4 stars
Aliens Special Edition   4 stars
Alien 3 Assembly Cut   3.5 stars
Prometheus                3 stars
Alien Covenant            2.5 stars
Alien vs. Predator        2 stars
Alien Resurrection        2 stars
AVP Requiem              1 star

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: 426Buddy on May 20, 2017, 01:34:09 PM
Alien
Aliens
Alien3 - alien covenant
Prometheus
Alien resurrection

This is exactly my list.  I need to rewatch Covenant to make the final decision on placing.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Russ840 on May 21, 2017, 06:46:17 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on May 20, 2017, 01:34:09 PM
Alien
Aliens
Alien3 - alien covenant
Prometheus
Alien resurrection

This is exactly my list.  I need to rewatch Covenant to make the final decision on placing.

Yeah covenant could still move up for me when i see it again, I enjoyed it a lot. i have a feeling alien3, prometheus, and AC will switch places a lot for me. Im comfortable with alien and aliens staying at the top.

KainSwiss

KainSwiss

After watching these movies over and over my list of best to worst with reviews on why are as follows.

1. Alien 9.5 out of 10

Ridley Scott directed probably his best ever film in the 70's. The film still stands well. With unique set designs and lighting that gives you a sense of dread. Possibly one of the greatest horror scenes ever witnessed. The chest burster. How do you tackle a species never encountered before? With no weapons. Yet so unpredictable yet deadly. This film truly set the bar. No one knew who was safe and who would survive!

2. Aliens 9.4 out of 10

One of the greatest sequels ever created. I put this behind Alien for one reason only. We knew what to expect. Only surprise being the Queen. Aliens had great idea's that were executed fantastically. The games industry that created franchise like Halo and Killzone and so many others owe it to James Cameron's Aliens. Full on suspense. Marines getting their asses tested to the max was fulfilling. Alien was a complete horror while Aliens was a complete action movie with maybe 10% horror elements. Bigger budget was a bonus!

3. Alien 3. 8 out of 10 Assembly Cut
Theatrical Cut 6.5 out of 10

I hated this movie at the cinema it just didn't gel well with the other movies. Having faced constant rewrites of a shoddy script. It fell flat. No! Just no don't kill Hicks and especially Newt? Huh and Ripley too [emoji26] What no weapons? What no Marines? Huh bald head Ripley? These were the questions upon questions. Yet after watching the Assembly Cut it felt more current and more like a stand alone movie. That was completely done in a different way! I would say the acting in Alien 3 was some of the best. It tackled so much obstacles like religion salvation. Rape and the human element. The Alien kinda took a back seat half way through this movie. Some opportunities that could have made this a 9 were missed. Alien Covenant seized that in its openness. I just feel that Alien 3 should have had some scenes shot outside the prison. Realistically it would have happened. The weight of losing the whole Cast was painful and you just knew this was the end for sure?

4. Prometheus 7.5 out of 10

It gets 4th place because it's not about Aliens, but more about were did we come from who was that Space Jockey in Alien? I loved the set design of this movie. Fantastic locations with epic special effects. Dr Shaw's character along with David were performed well. It unfortunately though made me question questions. I'm sure a lot of die hard Alien fans never expected this. Why does David appear more advanced than Ash? The space Jockey was fossilised in the first movie for more than 10.000 years yet Prometheus was supposedly set in 2093 and Alien was set in 2122! Why didn't vickers run to the left or the right? Why the heck are scientists acting like retards? Not even in a comical way more annoyingly so. 3 crew members decide to save humanity by blowing themselves up. In real situations it just wouldn't happen. This could have been done so much better. Having watched Prometheus again I get a clue and then another clue. I love that about this movie. Davids agenda. Shaw's crusade to find more answers. David seeing Shaw's kindness! Yup I killed your boyfriend and also caused the black goo to get your ass pregnant. Yet you are so kind to fix me so I've got plans for you just you wait and see!!!.

5. Alien Ressurrection 7 out of 10

The movie over time isn't at all terrible it is mostly light drama and mostly filled with black comedy so you totally lose that sense of dread, female Android is a shoplifter (bad joke). I totally hated the entire cast in this movie. I wanted them all to die. Bringing back Ripley as a hybred. Hmmmm weird. What the heck is that thing the Queen giving birth too? Jeez it's got tits [emoji15]

Ok enough with the negatives. The positives are there. The director did a fantastic job with the production and filming. The colours were more mustard instead of blue or green hues. I totally dig the soundtrack. But that's were it ends for me. That scene of them on earth at the end was a nice touch.

If you ignore the first 2 movies and look at this as a standalone it's not at all that bad.

No Alien Covenant as I've yet to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Three days since it was added and there is still no votes for Alien Covenant lol
From what I hear it is not going to be the best in the franchise but at least its far from the worst. Better than Prometheus I hear fans say.

KainSwiss

KainSwiss

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 23, 2017, 08:59:37 AM
Three days since it was added and there is still no votes for Alien Covenant lol
From what I hear it is not going to be the best in the franchise but at least its far from the worst. Better than Prometheus I hear fans say.

I've heard from a lot of people it's worse than Prometheus which I liked.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Covenant was markedly better than Prometheus, but I doubt it will be anyone's favourite in the series. Surprised Prometheus got a vote tbh, although Alien Resurrection did bizarrely get 38 votes. Besides, it's not really fair to stick it in an old poll which most people on here have already voted on...

KainSwiss

KainSwiss

Quote from: Rankles75 on May 23, 2017, 03:58:58 PM
Covenant was markedly better than Prometheus, but I doubt it will be anyone's favourite in the series. Surprised Prometheus got a vote tbh, although Alien Resurrection did bizarrely get 38 votes. Besides, it's not really fair to stick it in an old poll which most people on here have already voted on...

I think Alien Covenant went overboard with the marketing. I think a lot of people were pissed a lot of what were in the trailers didn't make the cut. Annoyingly we have Ridley Scott signed on for a few more of these movies. Has he lost the plot a bit? Or will it tie up perfectly with Alien 79?

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: KainSwiss on May 24, 2017, 02:16:46 AM
Quote from: Rankles75 on May 23, 2017, 03:58:58 PM

I think Alien Covenant went overboard with the marketing. I think a lot of people were pissed a lot of what were in the trailers didn't make the cut. Annoyingly we have Ridley Scott signed on for a few more of these movies. Has he lost the plot a bit? Or will it tie up perfectly with Alien 79?

Scenes from trailers not being in the film seems to be the in thing these days. Had to laugh the other day when Sky showed a trailer for Rogue One made up almost entirely of them...  :D

Laz

Laz

Ranking them...

1. Aliens
Theatrical: 9/10
SE: 9.5/10

2. Alien
Theatrical: 9/10
DC: 8.5/10

3. Alien 3
Theatrical: 6.5/10
AC: 6.5/10 (I guess I'm in the minority, but I liked the "grab the queenburster" ending better)

4. Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
Theatrical: 5.5/10
Unrated: 5.5/10 (can barely tell the difference)

5. Prometheus
Theatrical: 5/10
Extended: N/A

6. Alien vs. Predator
Theatrical: 4.5/10
Other: N/A

7. Alien Resurrection
Theatrical: 4/10
DC: 4/10

N/A. Alien: Covenant

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

I rewatched all 7 this weekend. That includes both AVP films, of course. My rank remains the same. The only thing i'd say is that Resurrection was worse than I had given it credit for, & it made AVP seem even better by comparison. I lowered my grade for Resurrection to reflect that.

Alien 4/4
Aliens 4/4
Alien 3 3.5/4
Prometheus 3/4
Covenant 2.5/4
AVP 2/4
Resurrection 1.5/4
AVPR 1/4

Alien³

Alien³

Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 (AC), Prometheus and Covenant are all equal.

Alien: Resurrection, AVP, AVP:R are all dead to me.

Alionic

Alionic

Alien
Alien: Covenant
Alien 3 Assembly
Prometheus
Aliens
Alien Resurrection

As you can see, I enjoy the films more when the alien is stalking and killing alone. Aliens is a great film, but it's action orientated approach hasn't stood the test of time with me the same way the brooding dread has of Alien and Alien 3.

I put Covenant up there because I appreciate the restraint Ridley had regarding the Xenomorph in it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed