Exclusive: More Prometheus Set Pics

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 02, 2011, 10:35:09 PM

Author
Exclusive: More Prometheus Set Pics (Read 66,556 times)

allegro

I reckon those urns are what the space jockeys use to terraform a planet, and that it has nothing to do with the facehugger egg. It has already been confirmed that the Space Jockeys release their bio-weapon when one of the crew members steals a piece of their techonology which is used to terraform a planet. I dunno something like that!

ThisBethesdaSea

It appears that none of the events of Prometheus takes place in actual space. Rather, per Foxs press release, the crew is stranded on an as of yet unnamed planet and the plot unfolds from there.

predxeno

This may not be in the Alien franchise after all.  Ugh.  I wish Ridley Scott would just come out in the open and end this once and for all.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

How are you guys not noticing the OBVIOUS Giger influences in every one of these interiors?  And Bethesda, that's quite a far-fetched conclusion.

biosynth

Quote from: predxeno on Aug 03, 2011, 01:12:05 AM
This may not be in the Alien franchise after all.  Ugh.  I wish Ridley Scott would just come out in the open and end this once and for all.

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."  -Douglas Adams 

I think we already have plenty of evidence that this takes place in the same ALIEN universe, just centers around a different story.

predxeno

Quote from: JaaayDee on Aug 03, 2011, 01:14:59 AM
How are you guys not noticing the OBVIOUS Giger influences in every one of these interiors?  And Bethesda, that's quite a far-fetched conclusion.

I realize them.  But, you do realize that these can just be homages, right?

JaaayDee

Homages, from the director of Alien himself.

Um..

predxeno

I believe that nobody is going to know whether this film is tied to the Alien franchise or not.  When the film is released, there will be homages and references, but the fans will have to decide.  And then there will be this epic war between whether or not this film belongs in the Alien franchise just like there is that war of canon/noncanon.

biosynth

Quote from: JaaayDee on Aug 03, 2011, 01:14:59 AM

That hallway pic is so like Giger's museum in Switzerland, it's painful.

First Blood

Quote from: predxeno on Aug 03, 2011, 01:18:58 AM
I believe that nobody is going to know whether this film is tied to the Alien franchise or not.  When the film is released, there will be homages and references, but the fans will have to decide.  And then there will be this epic war between whether or not this film belongs in the Alien franchise just like there is that war of canon/noncanon.

SPACE JOCKEY

ThisBethesdaSea

Predex....seriously? Not in the alien franchise at all? Now we have proof, images, recreations of various alien specific scenes. Youre either willingly blind or you're just trying to stir shit up. Either way it's annoying.

predxeno

Not trying to stir shit up, I'm just a skeptic.

First Blood

There's nothing to be skeptic about. There's insurmountable proof that this film is a prequel to the franchise. Just because it doesn't have "ALIEN" slapped on the title doesn't mean shit.

predxeno

Well, having Alien slapped back on the title would have been more reassuring.

Pn2501

Pn2501

are there really going to be space jockeys in this film?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed