Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!!

Started by Darkoo, Aug 01, 2011, 06:32:38 AM

Author
Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!! (Read 113,503 times)

Valaquen

Nobody catch on that the Nostromo was designed to be a bit of a bucket? A glorified space truck? Allegedly, the ship i Prometheus is pushing all tech to the limit [according to Shadow 19, apparently the Spaights' Alien prequel progenitor]

Dirty Harry

I don´t believe this...
We are in 2011 and some people still want monitors running DOS,some criticize the Star Wars prequel´s technology.Look at the cockpit monitors from the Jedi Starfighters in Episode III...they are almost identical to the TIE-Fighters from the old trilogy.

maddriver

maddriver

This isn't Star Wars. Modern day spacecraft aren't using any holographic projectors, 3D high-definition images with touch screens when you push them they look more like a flash animation with tons of effects.
Computer screens have to be basic, to offer a minimal interface. These guys have to work with an efficient interface, they don't care about glowing effects on their display screens.

This is the cockpit of a NASA shuttle craft. Notice any holographic, 3D projections?
As you can see, they are using state of the art technology, but keep working with a black screen with green writings.

Pn2501

this is all presumption that this is actually an alien prequel, and possibly the best reason why it shouldn't be, stop people bitching out about it maybe?

Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

Up to now,i have not seen any holographic screen in Prometeus leaked images.Only a 2D screen with a human body figure.
Nothing too advanced...

Never say no to Panda!

Quote from: Ivymike on Aug 06, 2011, 01:34:53 PM
Up to now,i have not seen any holographic screen in Prometeus leaked images.Only a 2D screen with a human body figure.
Nothing too advanced...

Dude, that could be added with CGI...don't think that they've got a holographic device on the set  ;D

Dirty Harry

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Aug 06, 2011, 04:05:55 PM
Nothing too advanced...

Dude, that could be added with CGI...don't think that they've got a holographic device on the set  ;D

Oh God...
What gives you so sure that will be holographic screens in Prometheus? ::)

Valaquen

Quote from: Ivymike on Aug 06, 2011, 09:07:41 PM
Oh God...
If I recall it's due to a crewmember's facebook update talking about working on hologram table displays or something.

nendo

Quote from: Valaquen on Aug 06, 2011, 09:18:26 PM
Oh God...
If I recall it's due to a crewmember's facebook update talking about working on hologram table displays or something.

or something. Said from memory working on the ships control panels. No mention of holograms from what i can remember

JaaayDee

I was the one who talked to the guy.  He's a prop modeller who was there during the first few days of shooting at Pinewood.  He directly confirmed to me that there's going to be a holo table.

And I really feel that this doesn't need a huge discussion.  We've already accepted that the Prometheus is a more advanced ship than the Nostromo and we can leave it at that.

Never say no to Panda!

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Aug 06, 2011, 04:05:55 PM
Nothing too advanced...

Oh God...

You said u haven't seen any holo screen on the leaked photos...that's clear since there can't see any on leaked pics, they would be added later.

JaaayDee

That's what I expect it to look like anyways,

Stans

even alien resurection respected the rudimentary tecnology,  :-\ i don´t like the holograms in a alien prequel, it feels like a sequel  ::)

JaaayDee

Your loss man.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed