Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!!

Started by Darkoo, Aug 01, 2011, 06:32:38 AM

Author
Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!! (Read 114,298 times)

T Dog

What are you talking about confirmed by FOX more or less? Fox have confirmed nothing relating to the Space Jockey or anything. All they've done is asked for pictures to be taken down etc.

If the Jockey is a humanoid in the large suit then it could be a hand in a glove.
I hope the Jockey is the jockey though and there is not exo-skeleton malarkey or English being spoken.

St_Eddie

Quote from: tmjhur on Oct 26, 2011, 03:57:39 PM
I hope the Jockey is the jockey though and there is not exo-skeleton malarkey or English being spoken.

Based upon Ridley Scott's old comments, I'm willing to bet that the remains onboard the derelict is in fact an exo-skeleton.  At first I disliked this concept strongly but I've since not only accepted it and now embrace it.

I think the initial problem was that we've all formed our own views and ideas of what the Space Jockey race looked like over the years.  If you go into Prometheus with that attitude then you're almost sure to be disappointed.  I think it's best to wipe away all expectations and let Ridley and co take us on a ride.

Glaive

Quote from: St_Eddie on Oct 26, 2011, 07:31:23 PM

Based upon Ridley Scott's old comments, I'm willing to bet that the remains onboard the derelict is in fact an exo-skeleton.  At first I disliked this concept strongly but I've since not only accepted it and now embrace it.

As much as I respect your view, if we're introduced to a 'space-jockey' and there's suddenly a comedic zipper-sound or velcro-rip, and a 'seeming' human steps out of this bio-mechanical suit...well, I think the ONLY word I can muster is I would be 'PISSED!!!'
I'll hold fast on the 'ranting-and-railing' as it hasn't happened, yet...and if it does Ridley (if anyone) could make it work...

I, for one, don't believe the Space Jockey is just some comedy suit...this isn't 'Big Momma's House' or some Eddie Murphey vehicle.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Glaive on Oct 26, 2011, 08:18:07 PM
As much as I respect your view, if we're introduced to a 'space-jockey' and there's suddenly a comedic zipper-sound or velcro-rip, and a 'seeming' human steps out of this bio-mechanical suit...well, I think the ONLY word I can muster is I would be 'PISSED!!!'
I'll hold fast on the 'ranting-and-railing' as it hasn't happened, yet...and if it does Ridley (if anyone) could make it work...

I, for one, don't believe the Space Jockey is just some comedy suit...this isn't 'Big Momma's House' or some Eddie Murphey vehicle.

Velco-rip? Big Momma's House? Eddie Murphy?! I like the way that you've purposefully tried to swing the bias meter towards making the concept of an exo-skeleton as ludicrous as possible. :laugh:

As for a humanoid emerging from within = Unimaginative and boarderline silly. 

However, a Giger designed humanoid emerging from within = Potentially ten kinds of awesome.  ;D

T Dog

I was thinking the giant head might actually look something like that. That it might have an ALIEN biomechanoid look about it. And if that is the look of the SJ beneath the exoskeleton, then I'm down with that.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: tmjhur on Oct 26, 2011, 09:31:47 PM
I was thinking the giant head might actually look something like that. That it might have an ALIEN biomechanoid look about it. And if that is the look of the SJ beneath the exoskeleton, then I'm down with that.

In one of the leaked Comic-Con stills with the giant head (the one with a torch shining on it), you can see details very similar to the above Giger painting (minus the horns and the addition of a nose).  If someone can find the still, then compare the exposed teeth and the large round eyes.  It looks very similar.

I'm thinking that the above painting is the basis for what the Space Jockey will look like in Prometheus.

Engineer1

That exactly it.
A humanoid creature but with Giger's biomechanical features.
This painting of the head must not be far from the Engineer's actual design.
From the screenshot you can see that it has more human's features, nose, ears.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Engineer1 on Oct 26, 2011, 11:38:43 PM
That exactly it.
A humanoid creature but with Giger's biomechanical features.
This painting of the head must not be far from the Engineer's actual design.
From the screenshot you can see that it has more human's features, nose, ears.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/BlestBadge/prometheus%20comic%20con%20footage%20screenshots/apro19.jpg

Ah, that's the shot I was referring to.  Thanks for posting it.

It really does look as though it has the same large, round bug eyes as Giger's painting and it definitely has the same same toothy mouth.  I prefered the noseless design of the painting though.

RoaryUK

What are you talking about confirmed by FOX more or less? Fox have confirmed nothing relating to the Space Jockey or anything. All they've done is asked for pictures to be taken down etc.

If you say so ....lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed