New Aliens series by John Layman/Sam Keith

Started by vikingspawn, Jul 28, 2011, 05:04:14 PM

Author
New Aliens series by John Layman/Sam Keith (Read 36,042 times)

dragonthingy

Good to see that the Aliens franchise hasn't been forgotten

Xenomrph

Considering we've got a new videogame coming out early next year, a Nintendo DS game coming out in a couple months, and a new movie directed by Ridley Scott, I'd say it's far from forgotten. :)

alienfan95610

Anyone heard anything as to when we can expect this series to hit the comic shops?

Mr. Domino

Considering we still haven't seen Fast Track to Heaven, I wouldn't think very soon.

vikingspawn

DARK HORSE PRESENTS #12 

John Layman (W), John Arcudi (W), Carla Speed McNeil (W/A), Steve Niles (W), Evan Dorkin (W/A), Tim Seeley (W), Francesco Francavilla (W/A), Dean Motter (W/A/Variant cover), Jim Valentino (W/A) , Mike Baron (W), Harlan Ellison (W), Sam Kieth (A/Cover), Christopher Mitten (A), Victor Drujiniu (A), Steve Rude (A), and Jonathan Case (A)

This issue is packing a brand-new Aliens story by Chew's John Layman and legendary artist Sam Kieth,
the return of Jim Valentino's Normalman and Dean Motter's Mister X, and last but not least, the reemergence of Mike Baron and Steve Rude's intergalactic fighting force, Nexus!

80 pages, $7.99, in stores on May 23.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1202/10/darkhorsemay.htm

Sabres21768

Awesome...she found an Alien bobblehead!

Really though, I'm excited for a new Alien story.

Spoiler
Seriously though...looks like a bobblehead.
[close]

Kol

Quote from: vikingspawn on Feb 10, 2012, 02:37:41 PM
DARK HORSE PRESENTS #12 

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad234/vspawn/darkhorsepresents12a.jpg

John Layman (W), John Arcudi (W), Carla Speed McNeil (W/A), Steve Niles (W), Evan Dorkin (W/A), Tim Seeley (W), Francesco Francavilla (W/A), Dean Motter (W/A/Variant cover), Jim Valentino (W/A) , Mike Baron (W), Harlan Ellison (W), Sam Kieth (A/Cover), Christopher Mitten (A), Victor Drujiniu (A), Steve Rude (A), and Jonathan Case (A)

This issue is packing a brand-new Aliens story by Chew's John Layman and legendary artist Sam Kieth,
the return of Jim Valentino's Normalman and Dean Motter's Mister X, and last but not least, the reemergence of Mike Baron and Steve Rude's intergalactic fighting force, Nexus!

80 pages, $7.99, in stores on May 23.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1202/10/darkhorsemay.htm

to me that looks really strong! is it a coincidence that they show us some xeno in a creational process, like the most want to see it in prometheus?  ;D

Xenomrph

Oh shit, new Aliens story in DHP. That hasn't happened in, like, a decade haha.

vikingspawn

I guess the "Prometheus" centric comic adaptations will be announced in the June solicits.   

???

I thought they'd ramp up the comic promotion for the movie a month before...

Xenomrph

I don't think we're getting a Prometheus adaptation, to be honest. The press solicitation for the Prometheus art book claims that that book is the only tie-in anything we're getting for the movie.

Kol

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 10, 2012, 06:16:57 PM
I don't think we're getting a Prometheus adaptation, to be honest. The press solicitation for the Prometheus art book claims that that book is the only tie-in anything we're getting for the movie.

not even a comic like those "predators-prequel comics"?  ???

that would be interesting, cos they might show the true origin of the xenomorph. in EU-manier of course  ;)

happypred

Wow...I'm excited for this, the art looks quite nice

shadowedge

Weren't Alien and Predator once very prominent in Dark Horse Presents? I am glad to see Aliens back in!

Xenomrph

Well I wouldn't say "very prominent" - out of like 120+ issues, they probably show up maybe a dozen times at most.

Valaquen

QuoteHarlan Ellison (W)
That Ellison?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed