New Aliens series by John Layman/Sam Keith

Started by vikingspawn, Jul 28, 2011, 05:04:14 PM

Author
New Aliens series by John Layman/Sam Keith (Read 36,384 times)

vikingspawn

At the 4:40 mark in this video,  John Layman (Chew) talks about a new Aliens series with art by Sam Keith:

http://video.comicbookresources.com/cbrtv/2011/cbr-tv-cci-john-layman-on-chew-aliens-morgan-spurlocks-comic-con-documentary-and-more/

Spaghetti

When I first heard Sam Keith was on it, all i could think of is OH SHIT FEMALE WAR. But Im still excited.

I think I found a peak of what he's working on.

Kinda wish we didn't get one alien story every year or so if we're lucky though.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Oh man...not Sam Keith.

So we've got a talking pink teddy bear, mother issues, a different Sam Keith art style...I'm not too keen at the moment.

http://samkieth.blogspot.com/

And here's his blog.

Spaghetti

I've always liked Keith as an illustrator. Never really dug his art in a comic format even in the MAXX.

But I like what I see so far.

SM

Keith was awful choice for Aliens.  Ditto Sandman.

Xenomrph

Eh, I'll still buy it. :P

vikingspawn

This series sounds like an improvement over the artwork from 3 World War and Predator (2009).

Kimarhi

I thought there was a drastic improvement over the first two issues of Female War, so if he can keep it toned down, maybe.

He is like the Jean Pierre Juenet of Alien comics.

SM

Strause Brothers more like.

alienfan95610

Quote from: SM on Aug 09, 2011, 11:32:05 PM
Strause Brothers more like.

Agreed. I look forward to any new Aliens comic series, but Sam Keith again? I'll buy it, but won't expect much from the art.

Xenomrph

So long as it's better than the art in AvP Three World War, I'll be alright with it.

SizzyBubbles

I'm not excited for this art  :-\ But i hope the comics are good! And if thats what the aliens are gonna look like... I'm gonna have to give someone an alien anatomy lesson! (not meaning like i'm the best artist in the world...)

Three World War had spiffy, fancy colors... but the lineart was HORRIBLY lacking (and not to much story either) but thats newer comics for ya.
I guess i just compare it to a couple of my favs: Labyrinth and Stronghold. The art was FANTASTIC in those.

Kimarhi

Thought I was the only one that liked stronghold around these parts.

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 24, 2011, 03:54:04 AM
Thought I was the only one that liked stronghold around these parts.

I love it :D Glad to meet a fellow fan!

Xenomrph

Stronghold is a lot of fun. It's not my favorite Aliens comic, but the last page is absolutely perfect.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed