Cenobites (Hellraiser) And Godhand (Berserk)

Started by Inverse Effect, Jul 24, 2011, 06:35:32 AM

Author
Cenobites (Hellraiser) And Godhand (Berserk) (Read 13,932 times)

Inverse Effect

Just wanted to draw on some intresting similarities between the Cenobites from the Hellraiser movies and the Godhand members from Berserk. So firstly i'm going to get out of the way that there were four Godhand members three male and one female, and three male cenobites and one female. Though i dont know the names of the cenobites.

So lets take a look at the look alikes

(Dont know who this is)

Void

Butterball

Ubik

Now the group shots (The guy in the Batman like skin is Femto, aka Griffith, he is the newest 5th member of the Godhand)

And the Cenobites, Notice The blackleather getups much like the Godhand.

Now both groups are summoned. The Godhand on one hand (lol) are summoned by A Behelit

The Behelit is actually a key used by mankind to summon the God Hand, a group of immensely powerful angels (or demons), themselves the servants of a dark God that governs the Berserk universe. A Behelit is not truly found or kept by someone, rather it finds its way to the one fated to possess it through the manipulation of causality, and tempts the person with the opportunity to be free of their pitiful situation and have their innermost desire realized.

Where as the Cenobites are summoned through the Lemarchand's box. Heres quick description

Lemarchand box is a mystical/mechanical device that acts as a door — or a key to a door — to another dimension or plane of existence.The inhabitants of these other realms may seem demonic to humans.

Going by that short description, it's exactly how the Godhand work with there eclipse which is another dimision. Where all the Apostles(Demons) or in this case Cenobites (theres more than four Cenobites) come from.

Borring read i know, but i just wanted to get this out.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

First one is Chatterer (I know that thanks to Spaghetti, bahahaha).
Curiously enough, Berserk was proto-released in 1988, one year after the release of Hellraiser (1987), and two years after the release of The HellBound Heart (1986), the novella on which Hellraiser is based on.
I'd say those... 'Godhand members' are a homage to the Cenobites, maybe the author of Berserk is a Barker fan.

XenomorphX5

I love Cenobites! These are pretty neat. C:

Inverse Effect

Quote from: XenomorphX5 on Jul 24, 2011, 09:16:48 AM

Too bad i hate the movie, it frigging discusses me.

XenomorphX5

Quote from: Guts on Jul 25, 2011, 02:04:32 AM

haha! The movies actually bore me a lot.

Deathbearer

It discusses you? So it talks about you behind your back! That bastard ass movie went too far this time!

{just f**kin' with you btw}

XenomorphX5

Quote from: Deathbearer on Jul 25, 2011, 02:09:23 AM

It discusses you? So it talks about you behind your back! That bastard ass movie went too far this time!

{just f**kin' with you btw}

.....LOL. Oh my god. First time I've laughed today.

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Deathbearer on Jul 25, 2011, 02:09:23 AM

Damn lol, thats funny.  ;D

Deathbearer

I aim to please

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed