Prometheus rumor thread (potential spoilers)

Started by JaaayDee, Jul 23, 2011, 08:53:11 AM

Author
Prometheus rumor thread (potential spoilers) (Read 132,311 times)

nendo

The fact he got a part of the original alien film wrong makes me think (know) that this is just made up crap

They never sent ash or the crew of the Nostromo to mine minerals from a nearby star system. The Nostromo was a towing vessel. They never mined anything from anywhere

ThisBethesdaSea

I'm buying it.

Marr

I think I get it...

Prometheus crashes into the Space Jockey's ship. After exchanging insurance details, to show there's no hard feelings, the Jockeys invite the crew of Prometheus back to their homeworld. Secretly pissed off that their brand new "Horseshoe" design spaceship has been written off by humans (and a woman driver to add insult to injury) The Jockeys unleash their deadliest creation...no...not the Aliens....but the knob from the Go Compare adverts.

Taglne: In space..look where you're f****ing going.

Box office gold.

Infected

And all this crap happens on a ship? what about Iceland what about the pictures of the big door and stuff. you really think this movie is gonna be a simple one as being said -lol-
What about the info on that they are highly and civilized but freaks and dont give a f**k you think after all these years Ridley Scott just simply makes it a run and hunt movie like Alien was back then? hahaahhaahahahahhhhhhhh

KFS

This is BS guys.
Damon Lindelof said somethin like PROMETHEUS is new from A to Z.
And Z is not the derelict ship on LV426

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

His new post:
Spoiler
QuoteThe beginning of Prometheus takes place in Iceland (although never mentioned by name) where an expedition finds an alien relic. What Ridley Scott means by the beginning of time is that this is where the Space Jockeys began terraforming Earth. The Space Jockeys left data and maps for their star system (I.E. Voyager 1 spacecraft).

Noomi Rapace plays a scientists who leads this expedition. After Weyland Yutani takes great interest in her discovery, she is invited as a consultant on Prometheus to discover a new world.

Along the way, they encounter a signal from an intelligent alien starship. Just like in the original Alien, Weyland Yutani orders Vickers to intercept and explore.

After tailgating the Space Jockey's starship, the humans decide to board it by using jet packs to reach their ship. They find a way in and discover the Space Jockeys in deep hypersleep. Noomi Rapace finds writing with the same hieroglyphs as the relic back on Earth and they the two together.

Vickers receives an order from Wayland Yutani to steal their cargo, one of the alien eggs. The mission goes wrong and alien facehuggers escape. One attaching itself to a Space Jockey in hypersleep. The ship is awoken and all hell breaks lose.

The Space Jockey's ship crash lands on LV-426, stranding both crews. They are left without any help, or resources.

The alien bursts out of the Space Jockey and begins to terrorize both the humans and the Space Jockeys.

It's a race against time as they are all killed one by one. Now the Gods and their creations must stand together for the ultimate survival.

The only way out is a drop ship from Prometheus.

The final battle is fought on who will make it out alive to reach the dropship. All along while Vickers is still on her mission trying to take back an egg, even at the expense of her own crew.
[close]

I can notice a few connections from his description in regards to the wrecked set photos from Iceland and the official photo that was released.  This guy is pretty clever in tying in those clues into his 'story'.

KFS

KFS

Weyland Yutani doesent exist in Alien.
Only Weyland.
And again Damon Lidelof just said that the LV426 derelict is not in this movie.
Also we know that Prometheus will have a huge scope.
Seriously what do you feel is either epic or wide in this story?
Also it's completely rehash previous films, alien signal, dropship, come on guys Scott and Crew woulmd have not to go through all the charade if it was to make a quasi remake.
My fake synopsis (africa 2058) had more epic and wide than this fanboy rehash.
Pure BS.

OpenMaw

One thing I see wrong with this is, as I recall, Scott had said that WY weren't together just yet when Alien Prequel news was first coming about. That they hadn't quite merged yet.

Maybe i'm mistaken, but I swear I remember that, and if that's the case it kinda puts a hole in that description.

JaaayDee

Quote from: KFS on Jul 23, 2011, 08:07:04 PM
Only Weyland.
And again Damon Lidelof just said that the LV426 derelict is not in this movie.
Also we know that Prometheus will have a huge scope.
Seriously what do you feel is either epic or wide in this story?
Also it's completely rehash previous films, alien signal, dropship, come on guys Scott and Crew woulmd have not to go through all the charade if it was to make a quasi remake.
My fake synopsis (africa 2058) had more epic and wide than this fanboy rehash.
Pure BS.

What annoyed me about your sypnosis is that it takes place in 2058, when Ridley said 2085.  It's going to remind me too much of Sunshine. 

It would be better off to not mention any year in the film.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

And they better make the Derelict crash on LV-426 some aeons before our evolution. Or at least, some good thousand years. I want the fossilized Jockey to be fossilized for good, not that the atmosphere of the planet accelerated the process, or that they shot him with a fossilizing gun. :o :P

JaaayDee

Spoiler
QuoteYes, we find out that the Space Jockeys are terraformers. They are not only the creators of the eggs/xenomorphs, but also us humans.

The gooey stuff that David examines is from the alien egg. During the first survey of the Space Jockeys' ship, one of the eggs opens and spits this goo onto Noomi Rapace's spacesuit's visor. But no facehugger comes out.

Since David is the science officer, he examines this alien goo and finds out the extremely interesting DNA composition. After this discovery is shared with Weyland Yutani, they realize that it can be used to make bio weapons and order Vickers on her mission to doom.

During the observation, David cuts his finger and gets some of the goo on it. It heals it in a matter of seconds. This technology can make perfect bio soldiers for Weyland Yutani who then can sell to whomever.

Just to further elaborate... What Ridley Scott means by similar DNA is that we all, Humans, xenomorphs, and Space Jockeys share a part of it. That's why this regeneration process can take place in a human body.

And to further elaborate on the Space Jockeys... They are a viscous race.
[close]

KFS

KFS

The date i used was based on Scott saying the story took place 30 years before  Alien and i read it was supposed to be in 2092 or maybe i got it wrong it's Ripley's birth date.

As for the fosilised Space Jockey, maybe the answer is Time Travel.
When space Jockeys travel they may bend time and space, and sometimes maybe it goes wrong leaving this one stranded on LV426 way before humans reached the stars.
Or that ship was lauched by the Space Jockey eons ego and the space Jockey Race is still alive at the time the nostromo discover the derelict but in another galaxy.

Either way we are not going to see LV426's Derelict in PROMETHEUS.
Neither the xenomorph we know.
There's no eggs.
Ridley kept saying he wanted something fresh, saying that the facehugger, eggs and all are not scary anymore.
BS guys.

Pn2501

It's bullshit because David is a android, no DNA shared this person is full of shit.

SiL

Quote from: KFS on Jul 23, 2011, 08:07:04 PM
Only Weyland.
Weylan-Yutani. It's plastered all over the ship.

KFS

You're right mate.
I knew something was off.
It was the D missing.

But this is BS anyway ^^

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed